Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. P B SharmaYour feedback matters!
My son is only 10 years old and very slim, weight 15 kgs. He off an on says there is a chest pain middle of the chest, we as per doctor's recommendation we give him mucaine gel, sucral and even eno. When he vomits, his pain removes. May we give him proper D capsule? What does?, Please help.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My husband's age is 29 and he had taken sugar test and FBS came out to be 113 and PBS 116. He had taken FBS earlier two times as well within a gap of 10 days and first it was 106 then 113 and now again 113. Can you suggest what is the reason of this?
I am a higher secondary student. I am being tired very early in the evening. Hence I sleep quickly. But I can't woke up early in the morning. Please. Help. Me. Because. My. Exam. Is. After. Two. Months. only.
I have a heart burn problem whenever I eat chillies and not eat chillies .I feel like heartburn and its irritates me a lot .I have taken medication as well .But medication only for few days again heartburn get started. May I know what prevention I can take to avoid it in future.
Today I checked blood for thyroid and sugar. Thyroid shows T3. 68. T4. 6.39 and T4 11.02. T4 seems to be higher. CREATININE 1.2 and UREA 41.2. Which specialist I should consult? Thank You.
Yesterday my mother has tested a sugar test. Her reports are 90 mg/ddlnow I want to know what is the normal sugar level. And what prevention did she take that she controls her sugar.
In the case of hyperacidity, gastric acid secretion from glands of stomach increases. The excess amount of acid causes a burning sensation in an upper part of the abdomen. According to Ayurveda, it is known as amlapitta. In ayurveda, the pitta dosha includes whole enzymatic, hormonal secretions and digestive juices of the body. In amlapitta, pitta dosha which is bitter increases and gets vitiated due to wrong dietary habits and lifestyle. This vitiated pitta dosha becomes sour (amla) in taste, that's why it is called amlapitta. Normally this pitta helps in digestion of food but in vitiated form it does not complete the digestive process and causes indigestion. This undigested food causes toxin formation.
Causes of hyperacidity
1) excessive physical and mental stress.
2) pitta aggravating diet like spicy, salty and fried food.
3) excessive intake of citrus fruits.
4) excessive exposure to heat like wandering in sun heat.
5) prolonged fasting.
6) modern medicine considers h. Pylori infection as the most common cause of hyperacidity.
Symptoms of amlapitta
1) burning sensation in the chest is the cordial feature of amlapitta.
2) sour eructation, bloating, abdomen distension especially after meals.
3) indigestion of the taken meals.
Management of amlapitta at sukhayurveda
Hyperacidity starts when accumulated toxins begin to disrupt functions of the digestive system. We at sukhayurveda cure underlying root causes like indigestion, constipation, gastritis etc. And provide natural recommendations to remove and help prevent toxin accumulation from:
A) hard to digest food
B) poor digestion
C) poor elimination
D) mental and physical stress
Sukhayurveda detoxifying therapies for amlapitta include abhyangam full body massage, therapeutic purgation etc.
2) proper nutrition
As amlapitta is the disease of the digestive system, so, proper diet has a key role in its treatment. We at sukhayurveda provide proper diet chart to the patients of amlapitta. Pitta pacifying food is recommended. Avoid curd, citrus fruits, tomatoes, excessive salt, tea, coffee, spices and favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body's inner intelligence. Sukhayurveda consultant advises:
A) proper use of spices and cooking oils
B) herbal preparations to improve digestion
C) proper spacing between breakfast, lunch and dinner
D) favoring foods which stimulate digestion
E) reducing consumption of foods that depress digestion
F) proper food combinations to avoid indigestion
G) non-dietary regiments to improve digestive strength including exercise, specific yoga asanas etc.
3) Ayurveda herbs
We at sukhayurveda also provide proper herbal formulations for hyperacidity and to cure its underlying cause also like constipation, indigestion, excessive stress, gastritis etc. Drugs which are pitta pacifying and improving digestion are used mainly. Amla, mulethi, draksha, kshar, shankh, shukti are mainly used to cure hyperacidity.
4) stress management
Excessive mental and physical stress also is a causative factor for hyperacidity. We at sukhayurveda also provide stress relieving programs. Our destress therapies include shirodhara, takradhara, ksheerdhara, aromatherapy, oil massage etc. Stress causes increased gastric acid secretions causing hyperacidity and it also interferes with digestive process causing indigestion. Enhancing body's ability to recover from stress is an integral part of our approach to health and well-being.
5) lifestyle and daily routine
One of the most important factors for maintaining proper health is to have a lifestyle that does not disturb body's natural rhythms. Sukhayurveda consultant reviews daily routine and creates a daily schedule that will increase balance in physiology and aid in the healing of the body. Avoid excess exposure to heat. Never lie down immediately after taking meals.
Strengthening the body's natural healing and self-repair mechanisms
We at sukhayurveda not only aim to cure the disease but also to cure the underlying causative factors. We boost one's inner power to fight with diseases naturally. The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activity within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach.
Taking together all the sukhayurveda programs described above, aim to create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.
I am a 21 year male. 3 days back during my workout at gym I lifted a very heavy weight since then I having mild pain whenever I am drinking water and constipation problem has started from that day.
After gyming. My body shape is changed. Only in one or two months my body shape changed. I hav also lost 10 kgs weight coz og typhoid fever. But now m ok. Is my bone structure changed? I want to regain my body structure. Is it possible.
My penis is so small, thin and always bent on left side. I used to masturbate 3 year nd (5 to 6) times in a day, but I stopped it last 2 year. And when I doing sex with my gf she didn't satisfy from me bcz of early discharge of my semen. Please tell about me to cure it and enlargement of my penis size.
I have headache problem from long time, please tell me what is difference between normal headache and migraine.
Hi I am a diabetic from last 7 years / type 1, please advice me good medicine in the form of tablets .
The urologic system includes all problems related to the urinary system including the kidneys, bladder, ureters, urethra, and the prostate. These problems could range from trauma, injury, inflammation, infections, and muscular problems like overactive bladder, prostate hypertrophy, sexual disorders (candidiasis, erectile dysfunction, etc.), tumors or overgrowths, infections of any part along the entire tract, and even erectile dysfunction.
Let us quickly look at the most common ones kidney stones, urinary tract infections, prostate enlargement, erectile dysfunction, and vaginal candidiasis.
- Kidney stones: These are calcium deposits, which can seat themselves in any part of the kidney and sometimes even in the ureter. These can cause significant sharp, shooting pain in the back of the abdomen. The pain is almost diagnostic, and while small stones may pass on their own, others may require shock wave lithotripsy to break the bigger ones into smaller ones, which can then pass on their own through urine. Dietary modifications may also be required to prevent the formation of stones, as most people tend to have recurrence of stones.
- Prostate hypertrophy: One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic enlargement (BPH). There would be a constant urge to urinate, simultaneous difficulty initiating a stream and a feeling of incomplete emptying. These happen more at night, and diagnosis is very easy, any elderly male who shows these symptoms is almost diagnostic of BPH. This requires a standard surgical procedure known as transurethral resection of the prostate, which is a same-day surgery and quite non-complicated.
- Urinary tract infections: This is one of the most common infections, which can be acquired from the use of public bathrooms and unhygienic bathroom practices. There is chance for infection of the entire tract starting from the urethra to the ureter, the bladder, and the kidney. These run the course of any infection. Treatment is usually with a course of oral antibiotics along with symptomatic treatment of the other symptoms like fever, muscle ache, etc. In very rare cases, systemic antibiotics may be required.
- Erectile dysfunction: One of the most common, but undisclosed male sexual problem is erectile dysfunction. There is inability of the male to achieve and/or sustain an erection, sufficient to have a satisfactory sexual intercourse. This has both physical and psychological reasons, and may also be due to hormonal imbalance. Very often, a discussion with a counselor would be required to treat the couple, as involving the partner is very important.
- Vaginal candidiasis: The normal vaginal flora is very rich with the fungi Candida, and when immunity is low, candidiasis develops. There could be symptoms like foul-smelling discharge, itching, and redness. A course of topical antifungal agents is usually effective in treating this condition.