Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. P.B. Pai DhungatYour feedback matters!
Respected doctor, I had unprotected sexual intercourse on 8th October. My period date was 28th but there was no periods. So I consulted a gynecologist who gave me meprate 10 mg for 3 days. After 7-8 days I had bleeding for 2 days. I did upt (urine pregnancy test) on 25th which came out to b negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy? Was it Periods bleeding or implantation bleeding. I am very tensed. please guide m.will b highly grateful to you.
greetings doctor, I have 2 babies. Mai phley bhut patli thi but ab bhut fatty ho gayi hu. Please suggest me Mai kya karu.
PCOS is an abbreviation for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is a problem that is caused in women when their hormones are out of balance. It affects menstrual periods and can even hinder conception when aggravated to an advanced stage. Many women having PCOS develop small cysts on their ovaries. These cysts might not be harmful, but they lead to hormonal imbalances.
Common symptoms include:
- Gain of weight or Weight loss problems
- Excess hair on body and face
- Irregularities in periods
- Fertility problems
It is possible for most women with PCOS who fail to attain pregnancy easily to use other treatments to get pregnant. Using In vitro fertilization (IVF) is one such mode of treatment. The procedure is helpful if done within the age of forty. You should undergo IVF only in a high quality clinic under the supervision of an experienced doctor.
There is a considerable amount of risk of having a higher order multiple pregnancy due to treatment of PCOS infertility using injectable gonadotrophins. Recent developments have allowed the patients to maintain high rates of pregnancy while simultaneously controlling the risk of multiple pregnancy. A variant of the standard IVF treatment known as Blastocyst embryo transfer is useful in the control of multiple birth rates. Generally, success rates for IVF treatment in cases where infertility is caused due to PCOS is quite high.
IVF Protocols for PCOS
There are two simulation protocols that are commonly used with PCOS:
- Ganirelix with Lupron trigger protocol: Used to avoid ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- PCOS down-regulation protocol
This protocol combines:
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
A calendar is followed for the down regulation protocol for PCOS. Before starting with Lupron, a dosage ( 500 mg, 3 times a day) of metformin is followed daily. After this, oral contraceptive pills are prescribed for around 21 days. Lupron coincides with the last 3 pills of birth control.
Lupron is a subcutaneous injection of a medicine that is taken once daily. Simulation of the ovaries is initiated after 6 or 7 days without using pills. It is very important with polycystic ovary that the dose of FSH hormone is properly controlled and that the ovarian response is cautiously monitored. Over response to the treatment can cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This should be avoided.
For first time intercourse. Every women get pain in the vagina? ANd blood flow also in vagina? please help us, coz of pain while having intercourse in vagina I I'll not continued it.
Nature has blessed us with some amazing and magical foods. Forget pills or supplements, these foods can give all that you crave for in life, a well-shaped body, a healthy mind and heart and a lot more. It is important for us to identify these foods and make them a part of our regular diet.
Believe it or not, bananas are one of these magical foods. This is a fantastic fruit, available in the markets throughout the year and is pocket-friendly too. From potassium to vitamin B6, it is packed with the goodness of essential nutrients. The best part about this fruit is you can consume it in different ways. Besides eating it alone, you can make delicious sweet dishes and milk-shakes out of it.
- Each banana (118gm) contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs.
- Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.
- The carbs in unripe (green) bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose).
- A medium-sized banana contains about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source.
Bananas contain mainly two types of fiber:
- Pectin: Decreases as the banana ripens.
- Resistant starch: Found in unripe bananas.
Resistant starch escapes digestion and ends up in our large intestine, where it becomes food for the beneficial gut bacteria. Additionally, some cell studies propose that pectin may help protect against colon cancer. Bananas contain several types of potent antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins. These antioxidants have been linked to many health benefits, such as a reduced risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Bananas are often referred to as the perfect food for athletes, largely due to their mineral content and easily digested carbs. Eating bananas may help reduce exercise-related muscle cramps and soreness, which affect up to 95% of the general population. Bananas are also one of the most convenient snack foods. You can add them to breakfast yogurt, cereal or smoothie. You can even use them instead of sugar in your baking and cooking. Furthermore, bananas rarely contain any pesticides or pollutants, due to their thick protective peel. Bananas are incredibly easy to eat and transport. They are usually well-tolerated and easily digested, and simply have to be peeled and eaten.
- Keeps you smart and slim: It acts as a perfect energy booster. You get ample amount of calories by consuming a banana. A single banana can give you 100 to 110 calories instantly. Interestingly, it doesn’t add too much carb or fat to your overall diet. A medium-sized banana is most likely to contain about 30 grams of useful carbs and 3 to 4 grams of fiber. It is rich in resistant starch—a kind of carbohydrate that takes longer time for digestion, burning more calories.
- Takes care of your muscles: Bananas are rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium. It prevents and protects us from developing cramps in the muscles. It enhances the process of muscle relaxation too.
- Keeps a tab on your blood pressure: It is an ideal fruit for people with high blood pressure. It is because of the fact that bananas are rich in potassium. This mineral does wonder in reducing blood pressure. One gets about 400-450 mg of potassium (with no traces of sodium) from a single banana.
- Get gorgeous with a glowing skin: It is not just the citrus fruits that fulfil your body’s requirement of Vitamin C. Bananas are also a rich source of Vitamin C. This nutrient is essential for a healthy skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system of our body.
- Good for your stomach: Bananas are helpful in taking care of your stomach. They keep you away from gastric problems or disorders. Say thanks to the fructooligosaccharides (FOS) present in them. FOS acts as a probiotic substance, enhancing the growth of useful bacterias in human intestine. Consequently, eating a banana prevents you from gastric diseases. Further, bananas contain pectin which helps in beating constipation.
One Of My friend of 17 years became pregnant. She has not experience Periods for almost 1 and half months .Pregnancy test was positive .what are Methods for Abortion? And what will be cost of Abortion process? Will there be Any legal Problems for her as she is Underage?
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
Iam 36 yrs old and trying to get pregnancy but my periods are irregular past 1 yrs. I had laproscope surgery small crist is removed.
We don't want pregnancy but we want to do sex with out condom can you please kindly solve my problem.
What are the uses of Armotraz, siphene M, Ferteez in treatment of male fertility. And can it be used for long time and have any side effects. What is the success rate. Kindly provide details of each medicine individual that how it works.
Hey sir! My fiance is getting more discharge . She was taking homeopathic medicine . The medicine dose is been complete. But still she is getting more discharge like curd so white. Can you help her out?
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.