Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. B. Gala
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P. B. GalaYour feedback matters!
Common cold, as the name suggests, is one of the most common diseases in the world. It is a communicable disease, mainly occurring during seasonal change, even though it is not chronic in nature. Homeopathy has the most effective medicines which treat common cold without the side effects offered by allopathic medicines, such as drowsiness. Read on to know which are those:
- Aconite: This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur: This medicine is effective for a running nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is effective for constant sensation of chill, with warmth not felt even in the comfort of the bed. It is also effective for headaches, blocked nose, body-aches, and nausea as results of the cold.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is advisable for the known symptoms of common cold such as headache, fever, fatigue, drowsiness, chills, etc.
- Eupatorium perf: This medicine is effective in case of recurring thirst, sore muscles and bones, and immense headache that get worse on any kind of movement.
- Arsenicum iod: If you are experiencing continuous sneezing with burning sensation and a nasal discharge, this is the medicine you should take.
- Ferrum Phos: This medicine is also given at the preliminary stage, when the onset is slow, with mild fever, which gets worse especially with the approach of night.
- Pulsatilla: When you have a nose with dense discharge and blocked ears, remember that these symptoms may worsen at night. This is the medicine best suited to your cold in such a situation.
- Influenzinum: It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am a 27 years old married woman. I feel fatigue and laziness entire day. Also I have noticed that my nails have become rusty red in color since few days back. It's color is like the color we get after applying mehndi on nails and I haven't applied mehndi recently. Please tell what it could be on or in my nails and why? Also tell how can I become active and fresh?
Hi, I am 30 years of age. Doctor diagnosed hepatitis B infection while having blood test. My HBV quantitative was 64,00,000 IU/ml. Doctor suggested entecavir for two months and then HBV Quantitative go down upto 17,420 IU/ML. Previously My Anti HCV test was negative now undergoing further test my Anti HCV became positive. My ALT level is 52 (normal range is 50) My platelets is 96,000 Alkaline phosphate is 133 (Normal range- upto 120) AFP- 7.5 (Normal range is 10) CRP-6 (Normal range is 5) HBEAG- positive HBEAB- Positive.
I have lots of gastric problem. My motion is not cleared in one or two times. My 1st time motion in the morning is ok. But from then when I go for motion after food it has mucus with my motion. If mucus is filled with my motion, I feel very weak. Please help me to stop mucus in motion.
Suffering from stool problem. Too frequently (more than 5-10 times a day, I feel to go to latrine. But little bit stool only come every time. Sometime I feel pain just before going to stool and it's difficult to control too when it come. It is happening from last 10 days.
I did not like to do sex as I never get pleasure feeling while doing it. It also affects my hubby pleasure. What should I do so that I can also enjoy doing sex.
Sir I get 5 to 7 times night fall in month and after every night fall I fell very week and fatigue I do not masturbating so pls help me how to remove this weakness. .thanks.
I am having blood in stool what to do I am very tensed after seeing blood in my stool whenever I go to secret, blood comes. Out.in potty. Please suggest me how can I stop and what diet do I take.
I am 29 year old male. I am suffering from Restless Leg Syndrome. I am not able to sleep properly during night and also, I am not able to sit in chair for a long time.(Need to move my leg as and when) Is there any way to cure the disease?
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!