Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P. B. DesaiYour feedback matters!
Where should I treat cancer in India or abroad which would be better if in India then which is best cancer doctor should I prefer.
I am a heavy smoker. I have lung cancer and copd. I am unable to stop smoking. I have anxiety and depression. Please suggest me how to get rid of my habit.
My wife is 41 years old and had undergone 6 chemo therapy for her ovarian cancer, and have got minor disk prolapse earlier to that. Now she is having leg pain in the her fingers and back side disk portion also especially in night. Can you advise me how to get rid of this situation please?
After 2 or 3 months I get pain in my chick muscle chest and back. Is it symptoms of cancer? My grandfather die because of windpipe cancer and he was chew tobacco. I am 21 years old and I am not smoking or drinking or chew tobacco and I am going gym everyday.
I got tumor on neck. Is there any chance to get cancer, please suggest me. The tumor is lightly paining. Thanks in advance.
Which is better for Cancer therapy, Alternative medicine i. E. Based on plant and natural products or chemotherapy and radiation therapy?
Hello sir, I have noticed a lump on my right breast and it becomes painful during ovulation that is 13 to 14 days after my periods and 3 days back I noticed slight swelling under my arm. 1 year back I married and got miscarriage 3 months back. I noticed all these symptoms after miscarriage. Can you please suggest me what the issue was. Thanking you sir.
Doctor. My mother have breast cancer. 20 days before we have operated and removed one breast. That was type 1a cancer. Now they prefer to do hormone therapy. Is it really correct treatment. If it is correct. Wat ll be the side effects of harmone therapy.
In some cases the hcg hormone test is do for cancer diagnostics then in that case hcg will be mire than 10 or less.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
Dono breast me ghaat haiCheck up bhi karwaya Lekin cancer ka koi symptoms nahi hai Lekin iss bimaari se bahar kaise nikale Dawai humlog afford nahi kar sakte bahut mahangi hai Koi home treatment ya cheaper medicine.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
In some cases the hcg test has been done for cancer diagnosis. Then in case of cancer what is the level of hcg.
He Is in bad condition due to extra enlarge prostate of size 117 please tell me any medicine name which will work immediately.
Why is Cancer the biggest Threat to the YOUNG in India?
There are fewer Indians who have successfully battled Cancer and have emerged successful. Yuvraj Singh, the legendary cricketer, who was diagnosed with a rare cancer at 29, survived due to an early detection. Cancer cases in India are not as many as they are in the developed world. However, due to late detection the survival rate in the country is far worse. Particularly, we are losing our youth to Cancer. Most tobacco (pan masala) related cancers and child cancers go undetected until very late.
Few cancers like cervical cancer and breast cancer which affect women of any age, are curable, however, due to lack of awareness and timely screening, many Indian women succumb to these cancers. The most common sites for cancer among men are lung, prostate, colon, rectum, stomach and liver while that among women are breast, colon, rectum, lung, cervix and stomach.
In proportion to our population, we lack the right infrastructure nationwide. esp in the northern and north eastern region, there is a dearth of good cancer facilities, where radiation, care or treatment can be given. Not even one third of cancer patients are alive beyond 5 years after their diagnosis in India, and about 71% of cancer deaths occur in patients in their prime productive years — between the ages of 30 to 69 years.
“Most Indians believe that cancer is generally incurable and that it should be kept secret from neighbors and family.” - Dr Paul Goss, MD, Harvard University.
All these factors have contributed to a very high mortality rate. No wonder Cancer is dreaded in the country. Investment, infrastructure, lifestyles as well as mindsets need to change if we were to contain the Cancer mortality rate. While you need to watch out for early signs of cancer, here are the lifestyle changes every individual esp. all youth must adopt to avoid cancer.
Avoid Tobacco - both smoking and chewing.
Reduce alcohol intake - Save your organs from deteriorating.
Limit UV ray exposure from the sun - Keeps your skin safe.
Maintain a healthy diet - Include foods rich in Vitamins, minerals and fiber which nourish your body and build immunity.
Increase your level of fitness - Maintain a good bodyweight. Additional flab invites a host of troubles, that includes variety of cancers.
Seeking regular medical checkup or screening - This is the only way to prevent and get detected early on.