Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P. B. DesaiYour feedback matters!
I'm of 67 years old, suffering from difficulties due to enlarged prostate glands for the last 2 years. A super special doctor has diagnosed the case after several tests and prescribed to consume WELTAM 0.4 tabs daily once. Still going thr'u with the same problems I had before meeting the doctor. please advice.
Pathologist given following test report Material Sent: COLONOSCOPIC biopsy for HPE Clinical Diagnosis: Ca. Ascending colon Gross: Received Multiple soft tissue bits aggregately measure 0.5x0.4x0.3 cm in size. Submitted entirely for processing. Microscopy: Adenocarcinoma colon What does it indicates. This is my Grandpa's Report
I'm male in my 30s n Been on 30mg for last 4 years and it's been fab as my anxiety and depression went completely apart from usual day today feelings - had xmas from hell with bereavements and other family members having cancer plus I've got child number 2 due anytime now - my doctor said to up my.
My father has cancer in food pipe at 3rd stage. We don't want to go for chemo therpahy of radiations. Is there any oral medicine to procure the diseases.
My wife get little gland on her breast. And now it's increase day by day. Or its starts pain when touched little hardly.
what medicine should take for enlarge prostate. I have to go to loo 3/4 times at night. Somebody suggested Himplasia which is ayurvedic treatment .Should I take it? Pl advice. RI am 75 years old and do not want to get it operated.
My sister age 49 operated for ovarian cancer in may 2015 than six cycle of chemo ended in oct 2015 ca .ca125 in july was 120 .now it is 8600. Pet is ok.
Breast cancer, is a type of cancer, which is common to women, where cancer cells grow on the breasts or the female mammary gland. It starts out with the formation of a small lump in your breast and can spread out to your other organs very rapidly. It generally affects women above forty years of age. Breast cancer can be classified into two types. They can either start forming on the inner linings of your milk ducts ( known as Ductal carcinoma) or in the lobules which supply milk (known as Lobular carcinoma).
There are many causes responsible for breast cancer they are mentioned below:
- Obesity or post-menopausal obesity (Learn more about Heart Diseases Post Menopause)
- Exposure to frequent radiation (X-ray)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Being taller than average
- Start of periods at an early age
- Late menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Consumption of birth control pills
The most common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows:
- Formation of a lump in your breast
- Swelling or shrinking of your breast
- Change of size, shape and color of your nipple
- Blood or milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast pain
- Itching sensation
- Appearance of rashes (Learn more about to maintain the skin health)
Breast cancer if not diagnosed and treated at an early stage may turn out to be fatal. Ayurveda offers promising cures for breast cancer.
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below:
- Include foods, which are well supplied with vitamin D in your diet. Researches show that women with less amount of vitamin D in their bodies are more likely to develop breast cancer. Consider including foods like eggs, orange juice, dairy products and fish like salmon in your diet.
- Drink more of green tea as it has anti cancer properties.
- Exercises like walking, yoga, meditation and certain breast exercises can help you to relax the pain sensation, reduce stress and also get cured.
- Incorporate bitter gourd in your diet. Researches show that bitter gourd can kill those cancer cells, which cause breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, tulsi, curcumin have certain properties that can destroy cancer cells.
Since, breast cancer has less survival rates, it is absolutely essential for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner if you wish to get cured through Ayurvedic treatment.
My prostate is 56 grams. I go to urinate every two hours at night and every 1 hour in the morning. How can I reduce my prostate to 21 grams. Is 3D answer to it or how best I can control it. I am 75 years and healthy.
How can I find that my wife is feeling from breast cancer or not? Can any one tell the simplest way to find out in the earlier stage for my wife?
Sir I gon under surgery of breast cancer now I having 22 days once kemo my hair full loss and nohair I want to what should I do for hair come.
Cancer is probably the most dreaded disease of our time. There are many different types of cancers, based on the parts of the body affected. As the name suggest, bladder cancer originates in the bladder. It typically affects elderly people but can occur at any age. In most cases, bladder cancer is treatable as long as it is detected in the early stages. However, it has a high risk of recurrence and hence cancer surveillance is needed for many years after treatment.
There are a number of challenges associated with bladder cancer surveillance, such as:
- Anxiety: As expected, it can be quite nerve wrecking to be constantly tested for cancer and have to wait for the results of your tests. A cystoscopic examination is one of the main methods of testing for bladder cancer. Most patients show both pre-procedural and post-procedural anxiety. To deal with this anxiety and stress try meditating or practising yoga. Going for a walk regularly can also help ease the symptoms of anxiety and improve your overall health. Connect with other bladder cancer patients who can understand your experience and fears.
- Adherence: After the cancer has been cured, bladder cancer patients need to be tested at least once every 3-6 months for the first three years and annually thereafter. This frequency increases for Nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer patients. Many patients prefer to use urine-based tests rather than a cystoscopic examination, but this may lead to more unwanted stress and anxiety and these tests do have false positive results at the time. Adhering to this schedule is often difficult and most patients do not strictly adhere to this schedule. However, this is completely in the hands of the patient. The more regularly you get yourself checked up, the higher the chances of detecting bladder cancer tumours in the initial stages and getting it treated.
- Related infections: Bladder cancer patients have a higher risk of developing tumors in the ureter and kidneys. Tumors may also develop in the inner lining of these organs. The risk of these tumors depends on the stage and grade of the initial disease and the response of the tumor to treatment. As with any other infection and health disorder, your food and water intake plays an important role in keeping toxins at bay. While there have been no proven supplements to help prevent bladder cancer, drink plenty of water to flush your system and keep it clean.