Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. OweaishYour feedback matters!
I am taking high blood pressure medicine last 10 months, I got married last year in feb. 2015. When I was start the medicine and on till date I am lack in my libido. Please advice me in detail.
My mother has high blood pressure and its fluctuating all the time. Is it necessary to checkup from heart specialist?
My baby is one month old. On routine check up doctor counts his heart beat which is 180 bpm. He ask for echo test. Echo test done and one line is in bold letters of report. That is patent foramen ovale left to right. Is this normal ? Then we show report doctor he said that hole is very minor it will close within 3 months. Is it true that it will close automatically after some months. Please suggest me in detail.
Is it necessary to do bypass surgery for 2 block artery. And also a person can live long and healthy life after the surgery?
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.
While I stand in a Que surrounded with girls my heart beat raise and I feel nervous. Why this happens to me? Please advise.
Sir I am suffering from asthma from more then 25 year and have acidity problem with high blood pressure please advice.
I am 47 yrs old woman. Height 5.7" weight 78kg. My blood cholesterol & SGOT- SGPT is quite high. Serum Cholesterol - 282mg/dl HDL - 37 LDL - 216 VLDL - 29 Serum Triglycerides - 145 Total Lipid - 709mg/dl SGOT - 67 units/l SGPT - 80 units/l I was prescribed Turbovas 20mg and Evion 400 bplease advice.
My lipid profile is: LDL-120, HDL: 44, Triglyceride: 156, VLDL: 26. What medicine I should take & how many Km morning walk is optimum.
Hello sir, I am 25 years old I get sometimes pain in my chest inside where is heart. What may be the cause, and what is the solution, could you please give me.
Doctor, I want to ask about Hypertension. I mean I guess I am suffering from it, I am 17, my body gets heated up In different situations like, when I get scared or when I get angry. Last year I took some pills from gym I don't know what was that, gym trainer said that these are mass gainer so I tried them, eventually I understood after taking first pill that these were strong, because I ran at least 20 times to washroom in Night, and next day I threw the rest of pills, but that pill did his work it showed it's effect in my kidneys, somehow I cured it by ayurvedic medication, and now I am getting this heat problem, and now I don't want any medication if it's Hypertension, so is it hypertension or anything else, and I read an article online that was about Hypertension that you should do weight lifting exercises, and in another article there was that don't do gym do breathing exercises, So what should I do.
I am 70 years old and I AM HAVING A PAIN for my jaw for last 2 months my dentist gave clean chit that no problem with teeth, then I CONSULTED ENT Dr. who suspect NEURALGIA and gave me tegrital 100 for 2 weeks but not much relief. What do you suggest? I am not diabetic and only medicine is for cholesterol.
6 Things that make you prone to heart diseases the most
Every year almost 2 lakh people opt for heart surgeries in India; and as of 2015 there were about 30 million people in the country suffered from heart diseases. There are several factors that increase the threat of heart diseases, among which some can be controlled and some can't. On one hand, where factors like being a man, old age, being a woman in the post-menopausal phase of life, and a family history of heart diseases are beyond your control; other risks can be minimized by making some lifestyle changes.
Although natural processes like ageing, which narrow down your arteries and weaken the heart muscles increase the risk of heart diseases here are 7 factors, which dramatically increase your chances of getting heart diseases, while you are still young.
1. Genetic Factors:
If someone in your family is already suffering or has suffered from a heart disease, especially at a young age, it increases your probability of getting a cardiovascular disease.
2. High Levels of Cholesterol in the Blood:
Chances of formation of plaque on the inner walls of the arteries increase with increasing levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol in the blood. This may be a major cause of the heart disease, atherosclerosis, which happens due to accumulation of fatty substances inside the arteries.
Smoking causes constriction of your blood vessels and may damage their inner lining due to the effect of nicotine on them. This can put you at high risk of developing atherosclerosis. Moreover, studies suggest that people who smoke are twice as prone to heart attacks in comparison to non-smokers.
If your blood pressure level is usually above normal, it can give rise to thickened arteries, which, in turn, can reduce the passage for the flow of blood through the vessels. This damages your heart health to a large extent and makes you prone to heart diseases.
Uncontrolled diabetes increases your chances of getting a heart attack, especially because diabetes almost goes hand in hand with diabetes and obesity, which are risk factors of heart diseases.
If you fail to keep your levels of stress and anger in check, they may have a damaging effect on your arteries. This can make way for strokes and heart attacks in the future.