Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Optom ShajarYour feedback matters!
I Am Facing Red Eye Problem For 2 Days. I Don't Go To Any Doctor And Don't Use Any medicine Yet. Is Anything Serious? Should I Check It Up?
Headache and eye problem. When I read there is water in my both eyes. Is this a weakness or I need some power glasses?
I am suffering from IRITIS,Already treated from Sankar Netralaya,Disha&L V Prasad before 3 years.Again presently suffering from same. What is the remedy?
I have eye problem, I cannot see far distance object. Give me some advice for wearing lens or glass.
The power of my spectacles is increasing again and again. What should I do so that I can prevent my eye disorder?
Whenever I get up in the morning, my eyes dont open easily, it pains. Every night I see dreams and get lost in them, due to which I am not able to get up on time. What should I do.
Whenever I try to sleep in the afternoon I fail but I sleep immediately at night but In the morning my eyes fell swelled what should I do.
Hello doctor, sir/mam i'm very much worried about my eyes. I am wearing spectacles since 2003 and for the time in between I have many times visited to the hospitals for the recheck up and always I found an increase in the power of my eyes. Right now power of my eyes is (-5.5) and (-5.75). I am not sure about the left or right eye having these particular powers. As you can see that the power in both the eyes is too high and also not decreasing with time. So kindly suggest me something to make my eyes as better as possible. THANK YOU.
Hello sir i'm 22, i've recently got specs.I've plus number - 2.92 only in left eye. is it possible to reduce it naturally? i've lately been having severe headaches and I feel drowsy all day even after sleeping well through the night! what are the remedies for getting rid of numbers apart from any kind of surgery? it stresses me a lot and its impacting my studies and concentration. Kindly revert asap. Thank you.
Not able to work on computers, my eyes starts watering, I have consulted with doctor he recommend glasses. But I don't want to wear glass is any other way to.
I usually get a headache, my eyes got pain and burn when I sit in front of my system, should I have to change my specs glass to some branded one which has some features in it?
I am 25 years male. I am working as a software developer. I am working 8 hours with in front of system and 3 hours using mobile. From 2 days I has been getting fore head pain and pain comes from inside the both eyes. It irritates. What I can do please tell me what is the cautions and reveal medicine names.
Bloodshot eyes indicate the reddening of the eye vessels. They can cause irritation and make the eye swollen. The condition may arise due to allergies, eye infections, allergies, fatigue and other illness of the eye. It does not signify a disease but indicates an eye condition which might have caused the eye to redden. Bloodshot eyes can be encountered in one or both the eyes.
Causes of Bloodshot Eyes:
One of the frequent causes of bloodshot eyes is irritants such as dry air, pollen, pet dander, dust and UV rays of the sun. Shortage of sleep also tends to make the eyes red. Inflammations of the eye can also make them red giving a bloodshot appearance. It can even happen with people who wear contact lens for more than 16 hours without soaking it in the disinfectant. At times excessive dryness can make the eyes red. Some other reasons for the eye to become red include conjunctivitis, blepharitis, glaucoma and corneal ulcer. Another concerning reason of bloodshot eyes is a subconjunctival haemorrhage. While the latter is not dangerous in nature, it can cause significant trouble if proper care is not taken on time.
Symptoms of Red Eyes:
Some of the common signs of bloodshot eyes include watery eyes, foreign sensation, burning feeling, dermatitis, falling of eye lashes, light sensitivity, swollen eyelid, itching of the eye and feeling of irritation of the eye.
The Complications Involved:
In most of the cases, bloodshot eyes do not imply serious complications. In case it happens from conjunctivitis, a person may not be able to go to work, wear cosmetics and come in public places since it is a communicable disease. If bloodshot eyes arise from a serious condition such as glaucoma and trauma, some of the possible complications may involve the following:
Spreading of the existing condition to other persons
Eye loss in severe cases
Bloodshot eyes might arise from an array of reasons. While it cannot be totally dodged, some general preventive measures can ensure that such a condition does not arise:
Keeping hands clean by thoroughly washing them with liquid soap
Not sharing personal belongings such as washcloths, linen, and cosmetics
Get immediate medical attention in case of any eye injuries
Stay away from an environment that is full of allergens
Staying away from people who are suffering from infectious eye diseases such as conjunctivitis
Taking a shower immediately after getting in touch with an infected person suffering from conjunctivitis
Wearing eye glasses in a dusty environment
I am arun. I am affected with eye infections from past 15 days. Used many drops and medicines but no use. Please suggest me proper medicines. Eyes are very red.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.