Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Optom ShajarYour feedback matters!
I have red eye for over 5 day so what should I do? Please sir give me your good spich? And benefit medicine.
My sleeping time in night 10: 45 to morning 5: 40 am but I am not sleeping proper 7 hour and try to sleep in a day at least 1 hour to complete sleep. But sometimes I am feeling sleepy and when I go to sleep I didn't get proper sleep in day or night At this point of view I feel I am weak my eyes are paining headache and after that most of time heart pain also. What I do I feel all things are happening cause of lack sleep is am I right Please give me natural remedies.
Two years ago I had accident and damage my eye doctors says that your right eye is totally damaged and you will not able to see forever I want to know that will I able to see.
Sir, I am prasanth, from Andhra pradesh. I am getting too sleepy through out the day. And my eyes get stressed with my laptop. I do not know how to reduce this effect. I am getting slept through out the day. Even in the times of my college hours also. It is necessary to do work on my laptop. I can not reduce my work in laptop. Can you please suggest any remedy for this.
My pressure is low. How I do? I walk 1km per day. Eating salt less food how much possible. But my figure is seriously thin ar week and some eye problem is detected few days ago.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.