Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ooshhin ShroffYour feedback matters!
Early morning my mouth have metallic taste. Its not as usual. Why? Whom to consult. A general doctor or a specialist. Nd y its tastes such. And my saliva is also white and viscous.
I am 74 years old . An old RCT done is now become painful. Local dentist tried to remove the filling to do the RCT again but has failed to remove the old filling to required depth . Suggesting extraction . Can extraction be avoided
Hello sir, I have a pain in my tmj joint of Jaw in right hand side. Having swelling in skin around that joint also have clicking sound while moving jaw here & there. What to do.
I am from ghazaibad . Sir I have two full broken teeths . So is it possible to have my two teeths by filling or any other technique
One of my wisdom tooth is not coming out completely its like coming sideways and is having a very large gap in between which has a strange odour.
I am 24 years old, I am having dental problem of disturbed teeth. How much cost it will take to align my teeth and how much time it will take?
I am 21 year old yellow regular brushing and used number of mouth washes and also Scaling my teeth form dental clinic but still problem not solve.
Many time I clear plak from my bottom teeth but after some week again it starts though I brush properly How can I prevent it?
I have bad breath problem. I consulted doctor and went for mouth clear but of no use. Still my problem is continuing. What should I do?
My gums have swollen on area where there is a little toothache. Swelling is big in that area. What should I do? Should I take antibiotics to reduce bacterial infection to cure swelling.
My age is 29. My problem is bleeding in my teeth. Lot of blood is coming in my teeth. Finished my homeopathic medicine but it cures 60%. Still blood is coming. Please do the needful.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.