Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
I m having a headache from last 3 days And not being able to focus on anything my eyes also pains what should I do.
Sir I am a student and my age is 23 years. And I have a eye problem. Whenever I travel my eyes are going to red and I feeling pain.
I have severe pain in my body and a burning sensation in my eyes. Please advise me how to cure this?
I am felling very unhealthy these days and there is a pain in my eyes please tell me what can I do to overcome it.
I'm still seventeen. My eyes are very weak. These have -2.25 & -2.75. So, my weakness is simple to imagine. Please suggest me what should I do for better health of my small & sweet eyes.Please help me
I eyesight is poor, I use to wear spect of power (-3.00) ,so please kindly give some suggestion to improve eye sight.
Hello Dr. I have eyesight problem and my doctor has suggested eyemist drops but using that is of no use sometimes my right eye gets blur pl do suggest me some remedy Dr. thks.
When I use my cellphone Sometimes my eyes get red and suddenly it starts paining, whats the solution for this?
I have some problems on my eyes, It is mostly reddish color, Monthly once it causes so much irritation. What is the solution for that?
Hello doctor, sir/mam i'm very much worried about my eyes. I am wearing spectacles since 2003 and for the time in between I have many times visited to the hospitals for the recheck up and always I found an increase in the power of my eyes. Right now power of my eyes is (-5.5) and (-5.75). I am not sure about the left or right eye having these particular powers. As you can see that the power in both the eyes is too high and also not decreasing with time. So kindly suggest me something to make my eyes as better as possible. THANK YOU.
I have been having dry eyes for last 15 years. I put optive eye drops 2-3 times a day and genteel eye gel at night. Is there a better solution. Can this be cured?
Why patient with osteoarthritis been prescribed with aspirin; Tramadol; paracetamol and ondansetron? Patient has undergone surgery for cataract previously.
One of the most common ailments that affect elders the most is cataract. Cataract develops gradually and can occur in one or both eyes and if not treated in time can cause blindness. Most cataracts are not visible to the naked eye, but in some cases, a dense cataract can make the pupil appear white. A cataract can be defined as a dense, cloudy build up of protein masses on the eye lens. This obstructs the light falling on the retina and does not allow the retina to form a clear image.
Advancing in age is one of the most common causes of cataracts. Along with this, there are several other factors that play a role in the development of cataracts as well. These include smoking,exposure to ultraviolet radiation, long term use of steroids, trauma, radiation therapy and diabetes. Anything that triggers an overproduction of chemically altered oxygen molecules in the body can increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Hypertension and a family history of cataracts can also put you at a higher risk of developing cataracts. Poor nutrition or a diet that is deficient in antioxidants can also put you at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Cataracts can be categorized on the basis of where and how they develop in the eye. This categorization is based on location:
- Nuclear Cataract: These develop in the middle of the lens and turn the center of the eye yellow. Nuclear cataracts are typically associated with aging.
- Cortical cataract: These develop around the edges of the nucleus and are wedge shaped. Gradually, spokes emitted from these wedges work themselves towards the center of the eye.
- Posterior capsular cataract: These are among the faster growing cataracts and develop at the back of the lens.They are also known as subcapsular cataracts. Cataracts triggered by diabetes or the prolonged use of steroids usually fall in this category.
Categorization based on how they develop:
- Congenital cataract: These are present at birth or develop within the first year of a baby's life. Congenital cataracts are rare.
- Secondary cataract: These are triggered as a side effect of medications or diseases like glaucoma and diabetes. Prolonged use of steroids like prednisone can also lead to the development of such cataracts.
- Traumatic cataract: Cataract that is developed as a result of an injury to the eye is known as traumatic cataracts. They have a very slow rate of development.
- Radiation cataract: It develops as a side effect of radiation therapy used to treat cancer.