Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
In Dec 2012 am walking normally suddenly something happen in my brain I feel that am not existing in the world after that feeling of fear, anxiety lot of negative thoughts even to hurt myself then I check to some psychiatrist he give me medicine and that's I carry in regularly. Lot of things get improve n in me now intensity of negative thoughts is very low but my confidence and thinking power is very less now. Always confused am on medication now which I listed below Divaa od 250 Zicam 0.25 sulphate 50.
I'm 53 female. Last month my fasting blood sugar was 136. Thimonthi got fasting 219 and postprandial 378. Is this rise possible in one month? Can this report be genuine? If so what is my health status? Is it serious? What could the reason for such sudden rise?
My mother suffering from blood sugar fasting is 243 and p p is 383 and she has a planus planus skin doses Dr. please suggest me what should I do.
I am age 69 years. Having diabetes, b.P.I was very healthy before 7 years after surgery of spine became slow in motion before two years i was working on one project it was seating in front of computer and totally absent of walking or any other movement so more become sluggish now i wish to gain again even 60% energy in my legs and walking kindly advise.
I am 63. Diabetic for last 16 yes. Sugar levels fbc 150 pp 200 average. Metformin 500x2 glemi 2mgx2 telmisartan 20 ecosprin av 75/10. Now having symptoms of neuropathy i. E numbness. Pricking etc. Pl guide me.
I am 54 years male and prediabetes. Fasting bsl is 115 and pp is 110. My wt is 70 kg. How to reduce fasting sugar level I am taking 1/2 glycomet SR 500 tab. I am pure veg person and also have high uric acid problem since many yrs. What is low carb diet for me. I heard that intermittent fasting can reduce sugar level. How to do it.
My daughter suffering from thyroid last 2yrs, his age on 11yrs, so pl suggest me which medicine take in homeopathic.
Hi. I am on Eltroxin 25 mg since 6 months. My TSH now is 5.90. Am I supposed to change my medication?
1. Foods Belonging to Brassica Family:
Consume foods like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries:
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega-3 fatty Acid and Proteins:
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain l-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products:
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach and Collard Greens:
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods and Anti Inflammatory Foods:
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods and Vitamin D:
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin d rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20-30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, and Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C and Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.