Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Omkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
My father aged 55 years, is suffering from diabetes, he is using ayurvedic medicine,, but diabetic is every time Above normal limit. what precautions should he take and what should he eat to stay fit and healthy?
Homeopathic treatments are usually considered to be safe and effective for the long-run. But the biggest challenge in this kind of treatment is to forecast its length. Homeopathic treatment depends upon a multiple factors. A homeopathic doctor takes every aspect of a patient's lifestyle into account during the treatment. Therefore, the treatment takes a long time. It should be allowed to take place at its own speed. It also depends a lot on the participation of the patient.
Factors that Determine the Length of the Treatment:
The length of the treatment varies from one patient to another. It depends upon the nature of the patient. Here are the essential factors that determine the length of the treatment:
- Patient's Vitality and its Level: It is assumed that younger people are more active and vivacious. They are dynamic and respond quickly to the treatment. For people who live a dynamic life, the symptoms appear and disappear rapidly. For example, even if you are an old person but still active as compared to the people of your age, you will respond to the treatment better than others.
- Social Background of the Patient: The treatment depends largely on the patient's social background and the nature of life he or she is leading. A patient might be poor but has mental peace and is active than a rich person. It is important to understand the social behavior, activities and mental or psychological issues of the patient also.
- Nature of Physical Pathology: There is no correlation between the length of the treatment and the type of disease. It must be clearly understood that the type of disease doesn't influences the length of treatment. While a minor skin disease may take months to disappear or even years, a more dangerous and chronic disease may respond quickly.
- When did the first symptoms occur: Suppose a patient developed a mental disorder five years ago due to any incident in the family. Later, when the treatment begins the patient will take five months to recover. Therefore, it is important to mark the exact time when the first symptoms occurred.
- Hereditary Links to the Disease: In case the disease has hereditary links, it takes longer time to get rid of it.
- Presence of Responsible Factors in the Patient's Life: If the interfering factors that aggravate the disease in the patient are still present in his or her life, the treatment will undoubtedly take longer time.
- The level of healing that the patient is looking for: The patient must understand what he or she is looking for in a homeopathic treatment. The initial symptoms or complications might vanish quickly. But, to get rid of the entire disease might take some more time. Some patients abandon the treatment just after the symptoms vanish. They don't understand that the deeper roots of the disease might still be present.
If Hba1c level falls below 5.9 %(after taking glycomet 250 mg (1+1) is pre-diabetic? My fbs is 99 & pps is 150. Can I stop talking medicines & maintain healthy sugar levels by diet & regular physical exercises. Please advice. Thanks.
I am taking glycomet 1 twice daily and my sugar level Fasting 110 and pp is 190 should I change medicine or keep it continue.
If you are diabetic, know that high blood pressure level can take a severe toll on your eyes in the form of blurry vision, cataract, glaucoma and retinopathy, if left unchecked. It can even lead to partial/complete blindness in young adults. Nonetheless, a strict control over your blood sugar count would prove effective in preventing such eye complications in the long run.
How does diabetes affect the eyes?
Blurry Vision: Diabetes can cause swelling of the eye and damage to your vision. In case you are already using glasses, it might bring about fluctuations in your optical power. Once your blood sugar count gets back to the normal level; that is within the range of 70 to 130 milligrams per deciliter, your vision would be normal again; though this might take some time (about 3 months).
Cataract: Eye lens works just like a camera, helping you to focus on a particular object. Cataract is a condition wherein this lens gets clouded with debris. Nevertheless, diabetic patients are more vulnerable to cataracts as compared to others. It has to be removed with a surgery wherein an artificial lens replaces the blurry eye lens.
Glaucoma: Pressure starts building up within the eyes when fluids do not get drained out normally. This damages the nerves and blood vessels, thereby causing vision loss, blurred vision, watery eyes and headaches. Generally, glaucoma can be cured with laser, surgery, eye drops or medicines. Medications do help in alleviating eye pressure, reducing excessive fluid production and facilitating drainage. Having said that, diabetics are likely to develop neovascular glaucoma, a rare complication wherein new blood vessels form on the iris (the ring-shaped colored region in the eye), obstructing the normal fluid flow and further increasing the eye pressure.
Diabetic Retinopathy: The retina is a cluster of cells behind the eyes that absorb light and converts them into images which are then transmitted to the brain through the optic nerve. High blood sugar levels damage the tiny blood vessels of the retina, leading to a condition called Diabetic retinopathy.
The stages of diabetic retinopathy
The retina requires a constant blood supply via a network of small blood vessels. In due course of time, a high blood sugar count might damage those blood vessels; primarily across three stages:
Background Retinopathy: This is a condition wherein tiny lumps develop in your blood vessels, causing slight bleeding that usually does not affect your eye sight.
Pre-proliferative Retinopathy: This is a condition characterized by significant bleeding from the eyes as a result of the blood vessels being severely affected.
Proliferative Retinopathy: Proliferative retinopathy is a condition wherein new blood vessels and scar tissues that bleed easily develop on the retina, leading to vision loss.
Are you at risk?
The risks of Diabetic retinopathy increase if one is suffering from diabetes. Apart from this, certain other factors could also aggravate the chances of this disorder:
Rise or fall in blood sugar
Rise in the blood pressure level
Excessive consumption of tobacco
When should you call a doctor?
When you experience spots in your vision
In case of blurred and fluctuating vision
Impaired color vision
Sudden loss of vision
Redness and pain in the eyes
These signs serve as an early wake up call. However, it’s not mandatory for these signs to indicate towards diabetic retinopathy.
How to protect your eyes from diabetes and keep them healthy?
Get your eyes checked periodically and try and maintain a steady blood sugar count.
Take the prescribed medicines on time.
Try to achieve and then maintain optimal weight levels.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and engage in some sort of physical activity.
Control your cholesterol levels by picking the right kind of foods.
Abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
Opt for a healthy diet comprising of green and leafy vegetables, oily fish, tuna, salmon; protein rich foods such as beans, nuts and eggs; citrus fruits such as oranges; pork and oysters. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!