Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
I am 67 years old having diabetics since last 10 yrs. From last one years it is not controlled FBS and PPBS s to more than 250 Glinison 2 daily two tablets one at the time of breakfast and another at the time of dinner moreover insulin human mixtard 20u before lunch and 14u before dinner recently Daonil started 1-1-1- please advise me.
Last night I had not taken salt in my dinner due to high blood pressure. Next morning I have given my blood for sugar fasting, serum urea.
I am from bilaspur cg. And my age is 36. I am suffering from thirod for 2 year. Please tell me any suggestion to treat it naturally. Please help me.
I am diabetic, and have been suffering from frozen shoulder since last one year. Also loose motion almost 3-4 days a week.
Hello sir I have a brother he is facing lot of prob we have got his blood check up done n found uric acid level is too much high in his blood he is not even having food please tell me what we need to do?
My mother aged 60+ suffering from thyroid since 2years ago her (t3) 89,(t4) 8. 1& (tsh) is9. 85. Now she is taking thyroxine 100mg. Your advice for medicine & diet.
My wife iz 27 years old n we have two child. She iz suffering from thyroid n her hemoglobin iz 7.1. Last 1.5 months ago we toch physically. Bt nw she feels that she iz pregnant. Bt we does not want to take another baby in this time. Wat we will do.
I am 14 years old and I have thyroid disorder I take 75 mg. Of thyroxine med, please suggest me what diet should I take daily?
I am having sex problem from 2 month from 3 month I have diabetes & thyroid I consult to doctor & taking tablets.
Hi Doctor. My name is Gopi. Im here to ask you a question. Is there any therapy or procedure to reduce diabetes.
My mother is a diabetic patient. What are the chances for me to also have diabetic in future. And what should I do to prevent myself from having diabetic in future.
Hi I am 43 years old, I am diabetic patient, my sugar fasting 140, and after food 126. Is it normal. Only under walk & dieting I am not taking any medicines. What is your suggetion. Why empty stomach 140. After eating why 120?
I gained weight on pregnancy and cesarean, now my last child is 5 years old But still I do not loose weight. I am 4.10 feet weight 57 kg. I take Sarpagandha Vati once in the morning for BP. I do not feel hungry frequently I take food after a gap of 4 hours and can not even eat more than a half plate however yet I'm gaining weight inspite of doing alternate days workout for half hour and wow Green Coffee beans yet not effective I even tried No fat capsules .I sometimes feels heavy and tired. thyroid TSH 0.6 taking Kelp when it was 5.11 previously. Please help me what is the problem of gaining weight in spite of not over eating nor large quantity. And why is so hard to burn my fats.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy and satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is thyroid and how to test? and please tell me how to remove piless give any tips for me and solve it please any medical solution tell me.
Low sperm count. This is most often the cause of male infertility.
Low sperm motility. Second most common reason
Abnormal sperm. Another common reason
Low sperm count should not be viewed as a definitive diagnosis of infertility but as one indicator of a fertility problem. A normal sperm count is considered to be 20 million per milliliter of semen.
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the cause of the problem may be found out. Roughly 2/3rd of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes.
Male infertility affects approximately 7% of all men it is commonly due to deficiencies in the semen, and semen quality is used as a alternate measure of male fertility.
A lower amount of semen may indicate an issue with the seminal vesicles, blocked ducts or a prostate gland issue. Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
Types of infertility and causes of infertility in men:*
* Male subfertility
* Low concentration of sperm in the semen
* Sperm abnormalities/abnormal semen
* Abnormal shape/morphology of the sperm
* Problems with movement/motility that makes sperm delivery difficult
* Abnormal liquefaction, absence of viable, healthy sperm,
Blockages or obstructions in the genital tract that prevent sperm delivery that can occur due to:
* Developmental disorders of the epididymis, vas deferens or seminal vesicles
* Scarring from inflammation
* Infertility caused by medical conditions, such as varicoceles and testicular torsion
* Genetic abnormalities
* Hormonal imbalances
* Lifestyle choices and environmental exposure.
* Idiopathic Infertility.
Initial testing will likely include:
Semen analysis, Ultrasound, Post-ejaculation urinalysis, Genetic testing, Sperm function tests, Hormone testing, Blood tests
Treating Male Infertility -
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
IVF, GIFT, and other techniques
Drug therapy for hormonal disorders
Treatment for problems with sexual intercourse.