Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Omkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am a hypothyroid patient I am 19 years old. Now my weight is 90 kg. And actually it is too much for me . I am consulting a md physician doctor. Actually I want to loss my weight so please give some tips for it and diet too.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that is very prevalent in the current generation. According to a report by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. The global prevalence of diabetes among adults over 18 years of age has risen from 4.7% to 8.5% from 1980 to 2014. Diabetes should not be taken lightly as it can affect other body organs besides the pancreas, such as the kidneys. Diabetic nephropathy refers to damage to your kidneys caused by diabetes, and may also lead to kidney failure in various cases.
Causes of diabetic nephropathy
Not everyone who suffers from diabetes will suffer from diabetic nephropathy. The main function of the kidneys is to filter waste from your blood. However, this is not always the case. Due to high a concentration of blood sugar caused by diabetes, several blood vessels in the kidney are destroyed, thereby, preventing the kidneys from carrying out its job. Over time, the kidneys may stop working altogether, resulting in kidney failure. If you are diabetic, the probability of you suffering from diabetic nephropathy will increase if you smoke or have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Catching it early
Today, diabetic nephropathy is the leading cause of chronic kidney disease in the US and other western countries. Since the symptoms of this condition aren’t visible in its early stages, you need to undergo urine tests on a regular basis. If detected early, the effects of diabetic nephropathy can be reversed. Common symptoms of this disease include the following:
- Swelling in legs and feet
- Detection of albumin in urine
- Decline in glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
- Elevated arterial blood pressure
What are the treatment options?
Medication to lower the blood pressure is the most commonly prescribed form of treatment suggested by doctors to prevent or slow the damage to your kidneys. There are other lifestyle changes that you may have to undertake in order to keep a check on the condition:
- Limit sugar intake and keep blood sugar levels within the target range
- Exercise regularly and work towards keeping your heart healthy
- Limit protein intake, as it could put extra pressure on your kidneys
- Limit salt intake to control blood pressure
- Quit smoking and drinking
Diabetes is an unfortunate condition to have to live with. But don’t let it bog you down! With these simple lifestyle changes and taking care of your general well-being, you can beat the disease and emerge a winner!
Sir I am 56 year old man suffering from diabetes since last year and I am not feeling well and I have also used many plant leaves juice and kadha but there is no any control, as it always get increase or decrease. What should I do?
In diabetes, what is Pancreas and its function in the body. Is it possible to repair pancreas so that insulin may release in the body again. How could we measure insulin level in our body?
I am hypothyroidism but take Thyronorm and TSH is under control and normal. I take Amodep 5 mg for BP and its normal But I have problem of weak erection. I do get regular erections but they r not strong for deep penetration. I also have low sex desire. My muscles are also weak and loose I am 42 years and weight 85 kg. I do not drink and smoke. My LFT and Lipid profile r normal. My test report Total and free testosterone: 260 and 5 resp, L H and FSH normal Hba1c 6.3, fasting glucose 107, pp 97 Sodium 145 , Calcium 9.2, Vit B12 423, Vit D3 4.2 taking Tayo tab 60k I do not want to steroid medicine like Viagra as they have side effects. Pl suggest some gud medicine without side effects No advise from sex quacks only gud sexologist.
If I have triglycerides level 235 mg /DL and having history of DM type 2 and taking metformin 500 mg bid! Is it better to take nuts along with breakfast?
My aunt is a known case of diabetes since 20 yrs. And she was prescribed with jardiance 25 mg. And she already suffering from urinary inconvenience and itching in the pelvic area. Where as jardiance side effects include these two. How come it is possible to prescribe a medicine with out any intervention with the patient. Already patient is in insulin n metformin. Prescribing jardiance may cause hypoglycemia. What is the justification for this prescription?
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!