Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. OmkarYour feedback matters!
STDs can have adverse effects on the human body, if left untreated. The challenge with these diseases is they can be silent and present with absolutely no symptoms for a long time. The disease, however, does its damage on the body with even infertility and death being extreme results.
Homeopathy as with all other diseases treats not just the symptoms of the disease but treats the root cause of the problem as a whole. After a long chat, the homeopath will identify the whole set of symptoms and then provide treatment. The following are some common STDs and their homeopathic treatment options.
- Genital warts: There are more than 40 types of viruses that can cause genital warts which can be vary in size, shape, and appear within weeks to months of exposure to the virus. A tincture or paste made of bloodroot or comfrey can be used to treat most genital warts. They can be quiet for weeks to months sometimes and therefore it is very important to get treated if there is a suspicion.
- Genital herpes: Caused by both type 1 and 2 herpes viruses, they also affect other parts of the body including oral cavity and throat. The type 2 is almost always limited to the genital area. This can be transmitted through oral or genital route and in most cases the first lesions appear about a couple of weeks after exposure. It is very important to clean the bathroom and shower area if it has been shared with someone who could be infected. These can be very painful, and though there is no cure, some topical treatment in the form of paste of licorice root and rice can be helpful. Peppermint tea also helps soothe the pain in the genital area. Bicarbonate of soda can be used on a cotton ball to clean the area and prevent itching. Cotton balls soaked in milk are also useful for topical relief. Using ice packs or cold used tea bags also provide topical pain relief. In herpes, it is essential not just to treat the person but also the partner(s) who could be involved.
- Chlamydia: Another silent disease which can affect the internal organs leading to serious issues like pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility without showing any symptoms. About 50% of the females and 40% of the males do not show any symptoms and diagnosis is usually delayed, prompted by other symptoms. Coptis and Scute are two homeopathy components which are shown to provide relief in chlamydial infections.
Sexually transmitted disease, if suspected, needs to be discussed so that the disease can be managed at an early stage and serious complications can be prevented. It is also important to get your partner tested for the disease as well.
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition wherein the body doesn’t metabolise sugar properly. Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. When the pancreas fails to produce insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine. Homeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Homeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
- Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic medicine is best for diabetics who have weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
- Phosphorus: If symptoms include weak vision, Phosphorus is the best remedy for it.
- Syzygium Jambolanum: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for diabetes mellitus. It acts efficiently and promptly in lowering sugar levels.
- Phosphoric acid: If you feel exhausted or weak all the time, either physically or mentally, then Phosphoric acid is beneficial. Weak memory, forgetfulness and numb feet are also treated with Phosphoric acid.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: Sometimes, diabetics drastically lose weight and have low energy levels. Gymnema Sylvestre is an excellent remedy for such symptoms.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms. Some common combinations include:
- Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus are combined in a treatment to treat retinopathy, which is damage to the eyes caused by diabetes.
- Serum Anguillae, Arsenic Album and Lycopodium are used together to treat kidney damage (nephropathy) in diabetics.
- Helonias, Sulphur and Phosphoric acid are taken to deal with neuropathy or nerve problems such as numbness in feet and hands.
- Syzygium Jambolanum is combined with Secale Cornutum to treat skin ulcers, which is a common problem among diabetics.
- For people suffering from constipation due to diabetes, Natrum Sulph, Defloratum and Carlsbad are the best medicines.
- To improve weak memory, Phosphoric acid, Nux Vom and Kali Phos are the best remedies for diabetics.
- Sometimes diabetics complain of extreme, incapacitating weakness.
To improve energy and boost overall health, Carbo Veg, Phosphoric acid, Phosphorus and Arsenic Album are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.