Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. O VengsarkarYour feedback matters!
I recently got tonsured (3 days back). Today I got small white bumps on backside of my head. Daily I'm having head bath with shampoo. Im afraid of those. Please help me how to get rid of those?
My wife aged 40 years has following problems. (1) Swelling in Right leg from knee to toenail. (2) Pain at the joint of right leg and stomach.
I am 21 year old female, my nipples are paining badly, it is felt around the breast too. Any movement or jerk in my body makes me feel pain sometimes they protrude or else be soft. Red in appearance. What might be the problem. Is anything serious. Awaiting for your reply. Thanking you!
I am suffering from back pain from last 2 days. Can you suggest what should I do to get relief from this problem?
I am thirty years old and got my second baby delivered a year back. I am now experiencing hip and body pain before and during my menstruation period. It was not there before. From the time I attended puberty I have not experienced any stomach pain also during menstruation. What's the reason for this? PS. I had both normal deliveries.
My back side of the head pains a lot when I'm stressed but goes back to normal after sleeping. Am I going to die? Please help me. I have a family to support:
Knee pain in right leg since about a month. In any position, becomes stiff in about 20 minutes. Pain. Difficulty in movement. Totally avoiding squating. No habit of taking pain killers. What do u suggest.
Doctor, My wife is suffering from joint pains in shoulders, wrists and spinal cords mostly behind neck for the last 3 years. Please give me the names of medicines in allopathy to become normal. She has a thin body means less fats and lack of appetite also. I mean she is weak and cannot accomplish house-hold house wife's work. Please give me the names of the medicines available in Rajkot, Gujarat to get it totally cured. Thanking you.
I am back pain. My working profile is not a hard working but I use to seat in office near by 8 hrs. So is this reason for back pain or it is something else.
I have some pain in my both legs when ever I have folded my legs some pain in my both legs. Is it because of lack of calcium What should I do ?
I'm suffering from pain in my Lower Back. It usually pains when I sit for a Long time and during rushes.
I am 27year old male I have anxiety problems and so I got pressure every time I can't able to feel free headache and back pain causes when I am getting pressure in my mind what can I do when this happens I am a shy type also and getting feared easily tell me any suggestions.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.