Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. O P KabraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from PCOD problem how can I get pregnancy as I vexed with many doctor s prescription? Could you please sugest any remedy for my problem.
Sir, The surgery of hole of the heart is successful in which largest size? Above 3cm or below? And the success range of above 3 cm. My friend is the patient of medanta-the medicine. So plss tell the percentage of successful surgery.
Hello Dr. Am rupa, 24 yr.i got chicken pox last month. It has gone but I am unable to sleep from that time. Has been suffering from 2 months with sleepless nights. Could not even sleep for 2 to 3 hrs normally. And became very weak. Please suggest me something to sleep normally.
My father is a diabetes patient. Which kinds of care I do for him? He is filling very tired at work time what is the reason behind this?
Hi what are the cause of b12 vitamin deficiency. And how it can be sought out. Kindly let me know how b12 deficiency can be removed.
Which type of problem a patent face in hernia? In the age of 78 and any other option instead of operation?
This is dhananjay verma unmarried. I am suffering from night fall and earlyejaculation. Pls sugest me medicines.
I used to have asthma at the age of 6-12 (now 15 years old) and took seroflo 250 and other tablets as medicine (take it in emergencies only in winter) and what I know is the shakiness in body should stop after I stop using it but its not I just wanted to know if there isn't any problem and another question is that my left ear has completely stopped hearing and my right ear can hardly hear anything I visited a nearby doctor he said the fluid from wet cough has gotten into the ears but is still repairable I just want to know any better medicine for it thank you.
When a person suffering with diabetes he just control with medicine naturally, but the patient got sexually nerves weakness and face many failure attempts in sex .So what is the best medicine for the patient to recovered from that situation with out side effects. Please guide with pleasure
I have muscular spasms in my left and right sides of my back and some in other parts like chest, throat and legs from my childhood and has gradually increased in intensity and duration with age. Pain starts slow but increases and sometimes last for more than 5 to 7 mins. Stretching helps sometimes but its seem to get worse by the day. please advise.
I am going to complete my age 21 in upcoming May month but I think I am suffering from phimosis because my foreskin of penis stretched rarely and m tensed about my sex life.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi I am 30 years old girl. I have lip infection and it occurs after every 2-3 months. It cause my lips swell and very bad smell watery rashes (diane). I feel very bad. It heels up after 3-4 days and take 7-8 days for full clear. So please tell me what is this infection and how can I get rid of from this problem?
I have undergone angioplasty 30 months back with success. But still I am having continuous pain. Remedy please
What are the symptoms of gastric problems. How can I discover then what should I do if it is a gastric pain.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.