Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nutan SawantYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.5 years old. The skin/cover of his penis does not open. Is it harmful for future? may it cause urin infection?
My daughter age is 8 year 5 month. Her height is 118 cm and weight is 18. 5 kg. How improve her growth properly. Plese help
My son (4 years) he is suffering with aplastic Anemia. Now platelet count is 23000 only. Is there any treatment for this with out BMT (transplantation). please send your response.
Hello Doctor, my daughter is 5 and half months old, on 19th she will start her 6th month. My baby is suffering from loose motion and vomiting. When ever she drinks milk she starts motion and after finishing her milk she starts vomiting like curd. Medicine which I give her for vomiting and loose motion are ONDEM, oral solution and VIZYLAC, dry powder. We give our baby cows milk. She becomes well for a while and again starts motion. What to do doctor, is there any best home remedy. Please reply.
My baby is 2 and half year old and she is just 11 kg. she is very fussy eater and doesn't like to have anything at all. What can I do to improve her apetite and increase her weight? Please suggest!
Hello doctor. My baby is of 6 months . Can I give her mosambi juice now. In our area its raining. Whether it will cause cold?
My grand son is 16 months, diag rickets, 25-oh vit d3 - 8.8, cal 8.51, phosphorus 4.0, APD 999. Without support can not sit from bed can not standup. He walk when made standup, what to do for his cure.
Hai doctors, my baby is three and half month old. Always he is keeping his leg fingers are bend. Is it normal. When I checked wth doctor he told it will be normal. I'm realy worried. Please suggest me.
My baby boy is 45 days old. Since 4 days on-words he is not going to motion but he is releasing gas and struggling to release the motion. I used the arizyomye syrup but no use. He stomach is also not so hard. He is passing urine heavily. I am using my breast milk and powered milk (Dexolac). Pls, say me the solution, I am worried.
Dear doctor, my 2 years 6 months baby boy visited andhra pradesh for family visit after cumin back to Hyderabad he got high fever with cough n cold 20 days back for which doctor prescribed taxim, crocin ds and cherry cough syrup for 5 days. Recently we spotted out few lump's on bck of his head. When ask no he say no pain bt while sleeping he is having itching at times. Kindly extend your all suggestions on this. Regards.
Breast feeding should be started within the first 30-60 minutes of birth.
The thick yellow initial secretion (Colostrum) should not be discarded as it is rich proteins, vitamin A, prevents the development of allergies, and contains antibodies that protect the baby from infections.
The newborn should not be given honey, water or any other fluid other than the breast milkBaby should be breast fed on demand every 2-3 hours devoting 10-15 minutes to each breast.
Baby should be properly latched to the breast. Part of the areolar (the black area behind the nipple) should be in his mouth.The baby should be exclusively breast feed for at least 6 months.
Breast feeding helps in better mental development of the babyIt reduces risk of ear infections, chest infections, diabetes and skin rashesIt helps in strong bonding between mother and childIt leads to lesser pain and bleeding after delivery.
It helps the mother in losing weight fast.Breast feeding protects the mother against breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
It’s Breast Feeding week, so share these facts with your friends and family.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?