Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Nupur K. NerurkarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old male, I am suffering from swelling of tonsil below my tongue and also suffering from cold. I am feeling very uneasy while talking, eating or drinking. Please suggest the treatment and medicine for quick relief ?
My mom is behaving like mad. Talking to herself. She is saying that she is hearing some voices. Not sleeping in night. She also said I am hearing buzz sound every time. Is it related to ear problem or any other Mental Disorder?
While sleeping I snores and in-between my breathing stopped for like 12 to 20 seconds. I guess it's sleep apnea. Can you tell me of any cure. Besides operative cure.
Doctor my throat is paining from last eight months and I feel blistering feeling on my tongue but blisters are not visible what could be my problem.
I have dust allergy, if I get cold it turns out to be worse. Continuously nose block, thick mucus, I get heat boils . Nerves become weak.
I get gradual headache and throat infection. It gets cured after consulting a doctor and taking antibiotics. Bt after a couple of days it starts again. Can you please tell me the reason and the solution for it.
My throat is looking redish. When I eat any food items I feel much more hot at throat. No other irritation, pain or cough. Whats the problem in my throat.
I am 25 years old and am suffering foem sinus and how to reduce the problem am requesting you to say ke how to know to reduce the pain.
I have severe dry cough for the past 8 days or so and even soar throat I am taking medication but still it's not. Fine i. Need help please help me what should i do ?
I am constantly suffer from throat itching and light cough in the morning. Each time I visited doctor they said it is winter allergy. Its been throughout the year. Please help.
I am feeling dizziness and don't know what to do. Also having a serious pain in my spine. Please say what to do?
Have pain in my ears! I mean from a week n this is causing pain in my my both ear n mouth which is making pain in my mouth allowing nothing to eat. Plss help me.
I have some throat pain when I drink water and swallow food or any thing from 6-7 days. Please help me. Thanks.
I am suffering from wet cough and a throat problem please suggest me what should I done in this situation.
I have problem in my nose. And my one nose hole is small I think it is sinus. Can I know what are the symptoms of sinus?
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.