Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niyogi Geeta Madhav
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Niyogi Geeta MadhavYour feedback matters!
A lot of people are obsessed with the idea of having a soul mate. This is probably because of the countless books and movies that have equated the idea of a soul mate with that of true love. Now, the idea of being with a soul mate is not unappealing at all, because after all, who would not want to be with the perfect partner? The idea of having someone who gets you is totally wonderful. However, it is also important to understand that the concept of a soul mate is very ambiguous and can, in fact, ruin your potential love life. Instead, when you are going out with someone, it is important to enjoy their company and be grateful for what they can offer, rather than scaring them off by constantly trying to impose your expectations of what they should be giving you. Here are some reasons why it is important to put your hunt for that elusive “soul mate” on a permanent halt.
Nobody Is Perfect!!
This is one of those quintessential reasons why you have to stop looking for your soul mate immediately. After all, what is a soul mate? Most people believe that a soul mate is someone who is completely perfect not only for them, but also as a person. However, these are very unrealistic expectations. It is not possible for an individual, whether a boy or a girl, to be completely perfect. If you are hung up on the idea, you might not be able to handle the problems and the shortcomings in your partner, because after all, it will not comply with your idea of how “perfect” your partner is and should be.
You Will Never Be Able To Accept Completely
A relationship consists of two people, where both individuals are equal participants. If one of the partners is in the relationship because they have found something attractive about you, and the other partner is in the relationship because they think you are soul mates, then an immediate imbalance is created. In the process, the latter would never be able to accept the smaller quirks, mistakes, flaws, and habits which do not coincide with their own, because obviously that is not what “soul mates” are supposed to be like, are they? Work on accepting your partner as they are instead of fitting them into the mold that you have created, because you never know, they might become your partner in life.
Expecting too much from a relationship or your partner can lead to heartbreak. So, keep your expectations real!
- People associate the concept of a soul mate with statements like “We share a special connection,” or “We are made for each other,” or even “We love each other unconditionally.” No matter how appealing and fairytale-like it sounds, you also have to make sure that you are firmly grounded in reality. Although thoughts like these can enhance a relationship, it is also important to note that a relationship cannot be solely based on such things. No matter what, there will be some amount of consternation, fighting, and misunderstandings, which will only increase when your idea of a having a perfect soul mate is violated.
- Marriage makes you complete and ends your loneliness: Marriage definitely provides you a companion (for life), but being lonely is something dependent on the person. As they say, be alone, don’t be lonely.
- You will know at first sight if the person is right for you: Not necessarily. The person may have been nicely groomed and dressed when you first met them. However, there is more to that person, and as you get to know them more, you will become aware of your likes and dislikes and other aspects, which are more important in helping you decide if the person is right for you.
- You need to remember every date that was a milestone in your life – the day you met, the day you proposed, the day you agreed, the day you spoke to your parents, the day they agreed…… the list can be very long Get real! All these lead to you two being together. They are good to remember, but do not call for a celebration every single time. Also depends on what you call as a celebration.
- Celebration: Instead of talking about past events, keep small milestones for yourselves and celebrate each event together. Celebration means going for a ball party where all break into a well-rehearsed song and dance. Celebration is being together and talking something meaningful. It could be cooking together or going for a drive or a movie. Important is to spend time together.
- Romance is in the air: Depends on your definition of romance. But, as the routine daily life begins, you realize you need to clean the house, cook food, and buy groceries to ensure it is running smooth. Romance is definitely there, but there are other things too to do.
- Love will help overcome all problems: Love definitely helps tide through problems, but whether it is money or people, you need to work on them.
- Communication: My spouse knows me so well, I don’t have to say a word: 'Totally wrong'. If you want it, say it. It is as simple as that. Telepathy does work, but it is better to talk out than assume. Communication is key to any relationship, especially marriage.
- Marriage is the bed of roses: No Married couples are always happy. Married couples also fight and argue and quarrel. No two people can think the same way. So agree to disagree and respect the differences.
- Possessiveness: Being possessive is a way to show love. After a certain point, being possessive can get a little irksome. Everybody needs their own space, so learn to give and take space and enjoy your own things. It becomes essential.
5 Do's In Marriage
- Accept that a marriage has ups and downs, is not always a jolly happy ride.
- Give time and be patient, marriage takes time and evolves over a period of time.
- Build trust over a period of time.
- Be frank in expressing your opinion, even if not during an argument.
- Give each other space and respect it.
- Talk and plan finances because you need to be planning together.
5 Don'ts In Marriage
- Don’t try to gain the upper hand always - the dictatorship times are over.
- Don’t expect every celebration to be grand; time spent together doing simple things matter.
- Don’t get possessive with your partner.
- Don’t expect to be aware of every activity that he/she is involved in.
- Don’t impose your friends on your partner, unless they also enjoy their company. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Pulmonary function test (PFT) is a diagnostic evaluation of the Lungs with a primary purpose of Diagnosing the Lung diseases and it's stage, to rationally treat the pulmonary impairment.
Pulmonary function testing has diagnostic and therapeutic roles and helps clinicians answer some general questions about patients with lung disease.
PFTs should be performed & interpreted by a Pulmonologist.
Pulmonary function testing is a diagnostic and management tool used for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Chronic shortness of breath
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
- Preoperative testing
- Impairment or disability
- Also as a tool to monitor the course of Disease (ASTHMA, COPD, ILD) and Individualise treatment plans, including Rehablitation.
Why is it necessary?
Just imagine not knowing Blood Glucose (Sugar) levels while treating a Diabetic patient, similarly Chest disease patients need Pulmonary Function Testing.
Which helps in:
- Differentiating between Asthma, COPD etc.
- Correctly Assigning the Stage of Asthma, COPD
- Choosing the Rationale & Cost effective treatment.
- Answering the most important question asked by patient, " Doctor I feel better than before, What should be my future medication course?
Frequency of Pulmonary Function Testing:
In most cases, at time of diagnosis and after that yearly (for comparisons with old reports).
Who should conduct PFT & Interpret the report:
Pulmonologist should perform 7 interpret all results of PFT Tests.
Why is PFT underused?
PFT is a speciality test, even today all medical centers treating Chest patients don't have this facility, hence most patients have not heard about it.
Is it a safe test?
Yes, patient has to only follow intructions to breathe in & out.
Will it be beneficial to all respiratory patients?
No, like all tests, PFT is a specific diagnostic tool with limitations.
Please consult your Chest Specialist before getting PFT Testing.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
My period started on 11Sep & ended on 14Sep. Had unprotected intercourse on 15Sep. Ipill taken on the same day. Today blood clot in black color coming with lot of pain. Is there any chance of pregnancy?& why so early this period coming. Kindly suggest in detail what to do. Regards.
Hi doctor please suggest me foods I must not eat during in early pregnancy in order not to take risk further please Fruits vegetables what I must not have is ginger and coconut harmful.
I am 61 years old. I have a medium size ovarian cyst which needs to be operated soon. Cause I also have mild bilateral pleural & pericardial effusion no doctor is taking the risk of operating on me. What should I do?
I am married we want more time while having intercourse but I am unable to do this suggest me some tablet to get some time while doing.
2. Intake of Junk Food
3.Lack of Exercise
Eating nutrient rich but low fat Diet helps in solving major problems.