Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Niyogi Geeta MadhavYour feedback matters!
I am on weight loss programmer, but my bowel movement has become irregular now. (On alternate days) Moreover I have severe bloating and flautilance with a filthy smell which was never before. When I work out it becomes more. Please help.
I have lots of pain during periods in lower abdomen vomiting and fever also first 2 days too much pain on legs or back.
If she have sex with her boyfriend with condom. Is it safe? And if by chance the condom gets torn then what should be done?
Hi. I want to ask about pregnancy yesterday me and my gf met but we don't have intercourse I only drop my sperm on her vagina. So I want that she will get pregnant or not is there any chances of pregnancy. My age is 20 and her age is 20.
Whiplash injuries caused by a sudden jerking of the head forwards and then backward which lead to the stretching of the soft tissues of the neck beyond the limits can cause severe neck pain.
I am 40 years female. I am suffering from IBS. Taking medicine like zolpidem and mirtazipine since 5 years. I suffer from hyperacidity during menstrual. Is this the problem due to above medicine. I even suffer from insomnia during menstrual even on taking above medicine. Is there any other medicine for sleeping as I think the above medicine is causing stomach problem. I always feel my stomach is empty even after eating. So not able to sleep properly. I am taking pan 40 almost regularly. During menstrual my stomach problem starts mainly nausea and burning sensation. I even follow strict diet. Still there is problem. Please help me to come out of this.
I have a problem of vagina discharge. Can you tell me what is reason for this. Any medicine which will help us me. Or any homemade medicine.
Most people will give you a blatant NO. And they are quite right to do so. But if you have been a habitual offender who can't unwind without their drink, pregnancy is going to be a big problem. So does the rule stand in all cases? What if you drank when you didn't know you were pregnant yet? What if you had a light drink here and there, will it literally spell disaster? Let's find out.
Contradictory advice everywhere:
Most doctors will advice you to stay away completely from alcohol as soon as that first positive emerges in your test. Others may give you a little leeway and let you have an occasional drink. There are friends who'll confess to have cheated during their pregnancy and snuck in a beer or two and say that their kids turned out just fine. There are other friends will scorn on you for even thinking such a thing. Same goes for your relatives. Like all things in pregnancy, random advice will just not work.
How much can you drink?
Let's assume that you are confident nothing will happen and want to be adventurous and give it a cautious try. Danish researchers have some good news for you. Some studies have shown that low to moderate consumption of alcohol does not harm the baby. In fact, in 2012, Danish researchers released a highly publicized study that found no major problems in children below 5 years whose mothers had consumed 1- 8 alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, not all research is made equal. With pregnancy, each mother, each child and progression of each pregnancy is different. It really has to be on a case by case basis and nothing can be taken on face value. Most people will still advise you to completely go off alcohol as there is no "safe" amount during pregnancy. Some women have a larger quantity of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol. If a woman with lower levels of this enzyme drinks alcohol, it is more likely to harm her unborn child as the alcohol will remain in her bloodstream longer.
How alcohol can affect your child?
There are a huge number of disorders that can affect your child when in the womb and even after because of alcohol consumption. These disorders are collectively called "Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder". It is characterized by increased risk in miscarriage and stillbirth. It can also result in the baby having low birth weight and increase problems with learning, speech, attention span, language and hyperactivity. Alcohol consumption may also affect a girls and boys differently. While both may turn out to have aggressive and delinquent behaviour, girls are more likely to develop mental health problems too.
If you are unable to give up on alcohol, you need to immediately get professional help to overcome your addiction.
Also note that the term "non-alcoholic" beverage is misleading as they can contain trace amounts of it. Consult a doctor today on which drinks are safe for you.
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman’s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels.
Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary. Several remedies and treatments are available to reduce menstrual cramps, and some of them are listed below.
- An Improved Diet: The easiest way that you can adopt to tackle menstrual cramps is to improve your diet. You must reduce consuming fats and turn to vegetables as your primary food. Low-fat diet always helps to decrease the overall inflammation in your body. Its effects on menstrual cramps have also been noticed. Thus, it is beneficial to stop consuming saturated unhealthy fats and start consuming unsaturated healthy fats.
- A Painkiller is Effective: The most popular remedy for pain has always been a painkiller. Though treating your menstrual cramps with pills is rare, but a safe painkiller with no steroids can seal the deal. However, as it with any medicine, consult your doctor before consuming any.
- Tea: Just plain tea or herbal teas can be helpful to reduce the menstrual cramps. Though the research on this particular relief method is extremely scarce, it is a traditional remedy and has been giving some refuge to women under cramps. Tea with cramp barks and tea with peppermint oil are a few of the most popular home remedies to manage the pain.
- Fish Oil and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 has been proved to be useful in treating menstruation cramps. A study published in September 2014 in Global Journal of Health Science showed that women who were consuming fish oil supplements or Vitamin B1 or both showed reduced effects on cramps than the women who didn’t take any. Moreover, consumption of fish oil supplements or vitamin B1 or both disappeared the cramps faster than usual.
- Essential Oil Massage: A study published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research in May 2012, showed that a massage with aromatic essential oil over the abdominal region, both upper and lower, helped to reduce the pain and the cramps. Take a few drops of the oil and massage frequently over the course of your period, and it will provide you with some relief.
- Hot Pad: Perhaps the most followed remedy to menstrual cramps is the hot pad. Curl up with a hot pad over your lower abdomen, and it is sure to give you relief. This is great for minor cramps.
Traditional and home remedies provide relief in most cases. However, if the pain is unbearable and occurs along with vomiting or other problems, visiting your gynecologist is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to drink milk standing or sitting? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than having it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, and hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesphegal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This may cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain.
If you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is in turn is supported by your thighs.
Benefits of drinking milk
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits. They are as follows:
- Milk is calming and cooling, which helps in balancing Vata and Pitta.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for human beings, which they are accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to correct obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!