Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Niyati
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NiyatiYour feedback matters!
My daughter had a tooth means, dentist treatment, and while doing so, unfortunately, the toung inside got bleeding, and now it got swelled, what is to be done, can somebody would advice please.
I brush everyday, but my teeth are yellow. What should I do to make my teeth white and shiny? And I also get stink from my mouth.
My father is 67 years old and he has no teeth. He need to reliable and economical solution as he did not take any food due to same issue
Hi, my tooth hurts when I walk or while I exercise. But it doesn't when I eat. Kindly suggest what might be the factors.
I have a gums problem. Like swelling, blood, and smell. I had already consultant dentist but am not got proper solution. Please help me.
I got a toothache in my tongue, And that wound is to be 1 year. And I have done tests too. Test is all right. Please tell any medicine.
I am 25 years old age I have teeth problem when hot items are taking my teeths are so paining please tell me wt I do can I remove my teeth or can I wear teeth cap to my front teeth.
My age is 32 i am getting tooth ache since last year diagnosed as peri odontitis gap in front teeth is increased can I under go clip method for reduction of space in teeth
I have dental problems, on the last corner of my teeth there was a black spot on the upper part. So kindly suggested me how to cure it?
Sir I got pain in left mandibular 6 no teeth and feel more masticatory force while chewing and wen I consult dentist he said that there is dental fracture which has led to deepening of developmental groove in centre of molar. Wat I should do now.
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.