Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nivvedita Patil KartikYour feedback matters!
On night when I watch tv then after some time from my eyes water droplets will came out or when I getting bored also from my eyes droplets will came out please give me solution what could I have to do.
1. This fruit is packed with plenty of vitamins such as vitamin a and e to improve your eyesight. In addition to it, custard apple has vitamin b2 and riboflavin that protect your eyes from vision problems.
2. Facilitates digestion- Rich in copper and dietary fibre, custard apple helps keep your digestive tract in the pink of health. The digestion of food and its passage through the gut and intestinal tract becomes smoother.
3. Treats arthritis- Magnesium in custard apples maintains a healthy balance of fluids and electrolytes in your body. This removes the excess of acids and fluids in your joints which leads to inflammation.
A kiwi looks like a fuzzy brown egg, on the inside its bright green pulp is sprinkled with a ring structured small and black seeds are superheated with important nutrients.
Once an exotic fruit, kiwis have now are plentiful.
Kiwis provide potassium in abundance, which help lower blood pressure and contain soluble fiber, pectin which help in cholesterol management.
Being high in soluble fiber, it plays a vital role in weight loss and management.
It contains powerful antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which are boon for eye health.
I feel headache and don't see the things clearly if I use cell phone for more than an hour. I generally use smartphones. I feel pain in my eyes despite I wear spectacles while using cell phone. What is the reason behind it? What should I do to get relief from it. Please reply as sooner as possible. I feel headache and don't see the things clearly if I use cell phone for more than an hour. I generally use smartphones. I feel pain in my eyes despite I wear spectacles while using cell phone. What is the reason behind it? What should I do to get relief from it. Please reply as sooner as possible. I feel headache and don't see the things clearly if I use cell phone for more than an hour. I generally use smartphones. I feel pain in my eyes despite I wear spectacles while using cell phone. What is the reason behind it? What should I do to get relief from it. Please reply as sooner as possible. I feel headache and don't see the things clearly if I use cell phone for more than an hour. I generally use smartphones. I feel pain in my eyes despite I wear spectacles while using cell phone. What is the reason behind it? What should I do to get relief from it. Please reply as sooner as possible.
Hello, my 4 year daughter's visual acuity is 6/18 in both eyes with use of glasses with following power (O.D. +1.0 spherical, -3.32 cylindrical 10 degree axis) AND (O.S +0.75 spherical, -3.0 cylindrical 180 degree axis). I am concerned about the development of her vision. Our ophthalmologist says she is expecting a good vision within 1 year of regular eyeglasses use. Is it amblyopia / lazy eye and should we look for any further treatment like pleoptic exercises for her? We have not been advised anything in this regard by our ophthalmologist. As per her she will have normal 6/6 vision within one year. Please guide.
I am 18 years old girl my eye power is increasing 2 year back it was -4.6 months back it was -5. And now its -6 do not know what to do is it normal? Please help me.
I have some redness I my right eye. I have taken medicine gudgesic plus and eye drop milflodex. But the problem usually occurs. What should I do.
When I see,I found black spot first in my right eye and later on it vanishes and I can see normally.Again If I change direction,same problem happens. Kindly inform what could be reason for this and these symptoms related to which disease.Is it any serious matter?please inform.I am running 60.
I am feeling eye pain while reading books during night time in I artificial lighting. But I can do it in ease in daytime. What should I do?
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.