Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin M JainYour feedback matters!
There is coming an sound from bones of my arms and my neck is also paining. I think it is because of using mobile. My doctor gave me medicine called 'Supracal' but my pain did not stop. Now he is telling that it's normal.
Am a diabetic for last 20 years. Fasting :99 PP BS :112 Hba1c: 6.6 Kidney function Blood urea :26 Serum creatinine: 1.2 Serum uric acid: 4.1 Serum calcium :9.0 In view of above, any further advice please.
I feel totally lazy and tired due to my flat stomach. So please suggest me how can I get ripped stomach and help me how to improve my digestion.
I have been having this Fungal infection and its spreading all over my body. I even consulted a local doctor who gave me treatment which included almost terbinafine containing medications. But it gave me only temporary relief and now its returning again. It's itching all over my body. I can't tolerate it. Please help me doctor.
How to make desi haldi milk? By boiling milk with haldi or just add haldi in a warm milk? Pls tell me what time is better time for drinking desi haldi milk? Which haldi is good haldi?
Age 50 male too much stomachache and gas formed in stomach his total bilirubin is 1.5 serum sgpt alt is 80 and serum amylase is 42 what does this reports indicate from 7 days pErson continue suffer from stomachache.
I am masturbating since last 3 year sometime I masturbate daily will it effect in future I even smoke ciggrate daily.
Hello Doctor I ma 9 weeks pregnant I have constipation I can not empty my stomach please suggest some tables or any syrup safe during pregnancy.
I am 43 years old feeling heavyness in chest for 5 days and suffered from diarrhea along with high bp150/100, vomit once, now diarrhea cured bp 130/84 but feeling vomiting tendendenct and slight heavynes in chest. It seems like something going to happen wrong, what I will do?
I am 21 male. I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of masturbation like in weight? And how many times it is preferable in a week?
Meri wife 2 and half month Ki pregnant h. Use right ovary me cyst v h. Cystic SOL (4.4×4 cm) hai. Kuch dino se uske stomach me right side me bohot pain ho raha h. please help us?
I am suffering from epilepsy and get attacks minimum twice a month. I am not getting a good result from the medicine prescribed to me currently. What can I do to get cured?
I m 26 years male. My erection power is very weak. I had least erection. I m also a smoker. Suggest me some helpful measures.
I am 21 years old. I get lots of sweat in this season which ultimately don't let my makeup to stay. I need to ask for a a tip to keep my makeup last longer? I will be thankful to you.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.