Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin KakkaYour feedback matters!
Staying out in the sun too long can cause you to suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My face is tanned as compared to my body? If I apply lemon then it gives me pimples what to do? I'm oily sensitive skin?
Can I get answer to cure the skin lpp pigmentation problem I was very unhappy with I want to escape from this problem permanently.
I have a bad mark in my forehead. Which not recover in 8 years so which medicine can fully recover this mark.
You might be spending a lot to add to your beauty. But there are many bad habits which affect your beauty. Here is the list of the most common terrible habits which might be damaging your skin and health.
1. Squeezing pimples: When you pop a pimple, clogged pore is burst open releasing bacteria. These bacteria come in contact with your rest of the skin and increase the acne. Moreover, habit of squeezing pimples may also leave scars and pock marks. The best way to get rid of pimples is to use medicated/ antibacterial soap and let it heal itself.
2. Licking/ chewing your lips: Chewing your lips make them even drier and chapped. It makes you to lick and chew your lips more often. Excessive lip biting also results into bleeding and infection. To avoid this, get yourself a good lip balm and apply regularly to moisturize and protect your lips.
3. Nail biting: Nail biting result in ugly hands, fingers and nails due to cuticle biting. It can also result in infections of nails, mouth, finger and dental problems affecting your smile too. Work upon triggers to prevent these issues by yoga, manicure etc.
5. Sleeping with makeup on: Make up clog your skin pores and oil glands, making it difficult to breathe and prone to acne. To avoid this, spare sometime before going to sleep to cleanse your makeup and moisturize the skin well.
6. Ignoring the sunscreen: Ignoring sunscreen in summer is exposing your skin to UV rays. UV rays cause wrinkles and dry your skin giving you the older look. To protect your skin from UV rays, use sunscreen before half n hour of going out.
7. Inadequate sleep: Inadequate sleep releases the stress hormone in the body. It also ages your skin by decreasing collagen from skin. Hence try getting enough sleep. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon.