Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Gajjar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin GajjarYour feedback matters!
Ozone in pivd/slipped disc
In case of prolapsed inter-vertebral disc (or, slipped disc) different other mechanism acts. Inter-vertebral disc is filled with nucleus pulposus which is a jelly like material which holds water (90% of disc material is water). When ozone is injected into the disc the proteo-glycan bridges in the jelly-like material are broken down and they no longer capable of holding water. As a result disc shrinks and mummified which is equivalent to surgical discectomy and so the procedure is called ozone discectomy or ozonucleolysis. It has been published in anesthesia and pain journals that up to 85% of disc operation can be avoided with these non-surgical interventions. Success rate is about 88% which is comparable to surgical discectomy (50% to 90%). Complications are remarkably low and much less than surgery.
Minimally invasive procedure using small needle and probe to remove disc material of prolapsed disc, releasing pressure on nerves and relieving pain in most of the patients of prolapsed / bulging / slipped disc.
Rotating probe is inserted through needle into the disc under x-ray/ fluoroscopic guidance
Rotating tip removes small portion of disc material. Because only enough of the disc is removed to reduce pressure inside the disc, the spine remains stable
Insertion site covered with bandage. Recovery is fast as unlike surgical decompression no bone or muscle is cut. 2-3 days of bed rest and may return to normal activity within one week.
Ipsc india has been pioneer in ozone discectomy or ozonucleolysis for slipped disc or prolapsed disc. We have treated thousands of patients not only from across india but also international patients from usa, uk, nigeria, afghanistan, iraq, bangladesh, nepal and saudi arabia. We have the original, closed circuit-self calibration ozone machine, imported from italy.
Sir, my mom is suffering from knee pain since 3 years. Now when she walks she looks like she is In pain, so she is not able to walk properly. I want you to suggest a permanent solution to this. I want my mom to walk normally. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance.
I am 24 year old male. I have knee pain since 6 month. I am a college going student. When I turned my legs, it create a sound like krrrr. In very low volume. Mostly I felled pain when I go to bed. What I do, please suggest.
A development defect is one sternomastoid muscle or mal-position of the neck in the uterus can give rise to the deformity. The shortening of the sternomastoid is the principal causative factor. There may be an associated shortening of the scalenii, platysma, splenius or trapezius muscles. Incidence is more common in girls, and the side affected is usually left. Occasionally, it may bilateral. The affected sternomastoid may get atrophied and facial asymmetry may occur in untreated cases.
Nature of the deformity:
The head is fixed inside flexion to the same side (i.e, on the side of the affected muscle) while it is rotated to the opposite side. The shoulder on the affected side is raised.
Scoliosis with convexity to the sound side may be present in the cervical region. Facial asymmetry with smaller eye and lowering of the corners of the mouth and eye with a deviation of the nose on the affected side may be present. In rare bilateral affections, both the sternomastoid are contracted. The head is protruded forward with associated kyphosis.
The basic objectives are:
- To correct the deformity by release of the contracted soft tissues and
- To maintain the correction by suitable exercise regime; avoiding recurrence.
Early mild cases
Children with a mild degree of deformity reporting early for the treatment can be managed with physiotherapy.
The physiotherapy procedures employed are:
I. Evaluation: Careful evaluation of ROM and the degree of deformity.
II. Massage: Massage can relax the muscle preceding the stretching manoeuvres.
III. Thermo Therapy Modality: Carefully administered thermo-therapy modality induces relaxation.
IV. Passive movements: The child is placed in supine position with head beyond the edge of the table with the neck in extension by positioning a pillow under the thoracic region; Shoulders are stabilized by an assistant.
- To attain relaxation, all the movements of the cervical spine are done in a form of slow relaxed passive movements.
- This should be followed by sustained passive stretching to the affected sternomastoid. E.g. when the right sternomastoid is involved the head should be gradually bent inside flexion to the left, held there for a while and then rotated gradually to the right. Try to gain as much overcorrection as possible by applying gradual traction to gain further stretching.
- Maintenance of Correction: Once the correction is achieved. It has to be maintained by passively holding or keeping a sandbag.
- The same manoeuvre can be repeated during the subsequent visits.
- Active correction: Active correction is best achieved by assisting the child head to follow an object moved in the proper arc of correction. The bright-coloured sound producing object is ideal to attract the child attention.
- PNF: patients with neck extension can be used to an advantage with emphasis on stretch and traction
- Home treatment programme: This assumes an important role as these manipulations needs to be repeated. The mother should be trained properly for this. The best method is to put the child in prone and the teach the mother to carefully move the head towards the affected side and the child is encouraged to look back over the right shoulder.
- Positioning: Exact positioning of the head during sleep is important. The child should be made to sleep on the opposite side of the lesion and the position of head adjusted by pillow or sandbag in a maximally corrected posture during sleep. This positioning has two advantages:- First, there is natural relaxation of the muscle- Secondly, whatever correction is achieved, it is maintained for a longer period during sleep.However, the mother should intermittently check the correction.
- Older children and adults: With advancing age the deformity gets organized and does not get corrected by conservative management.
- Surgical: The sterna and the clavicular heads of sternomastoid are divided close to the origin along with the release of the tight fascia. The head is then immobilized in a plaster cast in over-corrected position for 2 to 4 weeks. Mobilization is begun as soon as the cast is removed.