Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Gajjar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin GajjarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir mere Ghutne main 3 Years se Dard ho Raha Dono Ghutne main alga alag jagah dard hota hai ,main na he baith Sakta aur na he uth Sakta hu aache se kya aap Bata sakte ho mere Ghutne main kya hua hai.
Hello sir I am 22 years old boy and I have always back pain, my health is good but why this problem occur? Please advise.
Sciatica is probably one of those things which is vaguely familiar but a person is not fully aware of it. The sciatic nerve is one which is part of the spine and then spreads out over the legs. When this nerve gets pinched, it leads to sciatica, or pain of the sciatic nerve, which is tremendous! But, then, what exactly is a person to do in order to reduce the pain caused on account of sciatica?
- The best answer for this is not medication, though it does have its uses, but rather, exercises which help the situation improve and reduce the risk of the person going mad due to the pain! One of the simplest exercises that a person can start with is known quite commonly as the knee to shoulder exercise. All that one needs to do is to lie down on the back and then, raise one knee and pull it across the body, with hands wrapped around it, so that it touches the opposite shoulder. This position of the knee touching the shoulder is to be held for about half a minute. About 3 repetitions need to be done and the same with the other side.
- While it is important in the effort to relieve pain due to sciatica, it is equally important not to push oneself beyond natural limits, especially initially as this can cause injury. After all, more pain is the last thing which a person with sciatica is likely to want!
- Since it is important to keep in mind the fact that consistency is one of the key secrets to reducing the sciatic pain, it is worth keeping in mind the standing hamstring stretch. What this exercise can boast of is the fact that it is one which can be done nearly anywhere. Also, it is pretty simple, too!
- To do the standing hamstring stretch, one leg needs to be kept on an elevated surface which is not as high as the level of the hip. It is important to keep in mind that the leg is to be kept straight. The torso needs to then be bent towards the elevated leg. This process should be done slowly and again, maintained for about half a minute.
- The sitting pose is useful to remember, as well. Sitting on the floor, one leg’s ankle should rest on the other’s knee. Like the standing hamstring stretch, the upper torso is to be bent towards the extended leg. With all these exercises, relief is not far away!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 19 years old male, I am suffering from foot pain for a long time of 10 to 15 year. Doc says there is weakness in your body so what should I do.
Age 29 years I had a knee pain in right leg. After mri ,doctor told that it is osteochondral defect and suggest for immediate orthoscopy I consulted another doctor, he suggested for physiotherapy, Now my pain and problem is 60% reduced. Recently doctor has suggested to take lafarze medicine for 3 months (glucosamine sulphate 2kcl and chondroitin) to repair cartilage injury. Is glucosamine and chondroitin works? Can exercise cure me completely?
I have severe knee pain and wrist pain. What should I do? I want to know whether smoking is dangerous to health.
My dad is 50 years and age and he is having severe back pain in his lower back so can you please advise what treatment can we take wave also tried heating machines sessions through neurosurgeon.
I am 27 years old and my legs get itchy and swollen and big bumps appear on my whole body. I identify it when my motion is not free. And when I take laxatives and I get free motion my swollen legs and bumps disappear can you please help with it.
I am 34 years old male. I am suffering from back pain for the last 3 years. I have done MRI. In MRI it is found that 1. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L3-4 LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIORTHECAL SAC indentation MINIMAL NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. 2. MILD DIFFUSE DISC BULGE IS NOTED AT L4-5LEVEL CAUSING ANTERIOR THECAL SAC INDENTATION AND NARROWING OF BILATERAL NEURAL forminal AS WELL AS LATERAL RECESSES. MILD facial ARTHROPATHY IS NOTED BILATERALLY. please MAKE ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION.
I am having a severe leg pain for few day, tried few sprays and ointments still nothing cured anyone suggest me a good remedy please.
My mother suffering with there left leg, she is facing a problem in his knee with swollen and lot of pain hardly to walk since last 4 months. Please suggest suitable medicine or oil to relief.
Torn cartilages are quite a common form of injury occurring in the human body. While one can’t always be too cautious of injuries, one can still try to be conscious of their muscles and do not move about in an abrupt manner to cause injury to themselves. Further, even though torn cartilages are very common, they are quite painful and most often they occur in the knee. Here are some tips to ensure that your torn cartilage heals well and you are exposed to less pain during the healing period:
Rest: You must take rest. While it is advised to take bed rest, humanly it is impossible to spend all day in bed. Thus one can move about a little but avoid walking and straining their legs and knee too much. At times crutches can be taken while taking a few steps in the room.
Ice Therapy: Putting ice bags in the affected area helps in relaxing the muscles and reducing the pain quite a lot. Though previously people adhered to putting hot water bags, the scenario is slowly changing to ice therapy.
Compress: When you are suffering from a torn cartilage, the doctor often puts a bandage on the knee to compress the area. This is done so that the muscles are brought together and they can heal on their own with time and rest.
Elevate the Knee: Often it is seen that during such cases, the knee or the hands are rested in an elevated platform. This platform is created with the help of a pillow mostly. This lets the cartilage get time to rest and heal on its own.
Avoid Strenuous Activities: This includes jumping, running, jogging, kicking etc, when it comes to the legs and writing, lifting weight etc. when it comes to the hands. These activities require a lot of strength and power and most of all the use of the cartilages. Since the cartilages are torn and in their healing mode, it is best to avoid such activities for a certain amount of time to not put pressure on the cartilages and damage them further.
Painkillers: It has been already mentioned that the healing period can be painful. Thus, the doctor may prescribe some painkillers to ease the pain during this time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to deal with a torn cartilage. The recovery period may be painful, but it happens to many people and is completely healable in nature. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.