Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin AhujaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dental cavities although I am using Doctor's prescribed toothpaste but it does not works properly. Can you give me any another workable suggestion to get rid from it?
Yesterday I had beer and in the morning, muh me chaale ho gye left and right side me l. Kya krna chaiye? Ek bar phle bi hue tb 5 din me thik hue h.
How to take your food on time so just maintain our teeth what is our fruit n food and what about sleep.
Sir I am having problems in my tooth like black spots. How to remove spots please give me idea. Thank you.
I have pain in my teeth and consulted doctor and he has examined the same and suggested to go for RCT followed by capping. Price quoted was 4500 plus 5000 for capping separately. Please advice if the rates are genuine. Thanks ,
Sir my mouth was getting smell Im doing brushing daily 2 times what can I do what is the cure for this.
My teeth are very dirty due to eating tobacco teeth colors are yellow suggest me to what I m doing what type of medicine and paste all teeth are perfect but teeth's are dirty.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.
I have pain in my upper one teeth from 5 days. I don't eat anything from left side teeth because of pain. What should I do please tell me.
I'm 20 years old and i'm gonna get braces, will they be effective at this age? also my dentist told me that I need to get my wisdom tooth removed via a minor surgical process, if I don't get it removed will it cause any problem further, also would getting braces hurt and what is the average duration of the teeth straightening process? are there any other options for teeth straightening, my teeth have no gap so extraction of canines is required so is there anything else I can get? I got a wire retainer for 6 months before.
There is a whitish skin in side may chick, I also have some pain there and I split blood sometimes which comes out of the gums. What should I do?
Blood is coming from my mouth from last 3 Year whenever I brush, suggest me what to do nd any medicine if exists.
Mere frnt ke teeth ke niche ki jo skin hoti h wo normal se thodi niche h sirf 2 daat ki waha pain bi ho raha h. What to do?
Sir i'm 36 female, since two weeks i'm suffering with ulcer in my mouth, I think its happened after taken me some other tablet, so kindly advise me a solution.
My front facing teeth are little big so I want reduce size of my teeth so it possible that my teeth can be smaller than they are now? And what will be the charge for it?
I have pain on my tooth on the right corner of upper jaw, since 4 days. I need to know why is this happening. I didn't have cavities.
Good oral hygiene involves:-
1. Brushing your teeth for two to three minutes twice a day (in the morning and at night), preferably with an electric toothbrush
2. Using toothpaste that contains fluoride (fluoride is a natural mineral that helps protect against tooth decay)
3. Flossing your teeth regularly (preferably daily)
4. Not smoking
5. Regularly visiting your dentist (at least once every one to two years, but more frequently if necessary)