Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nithin RahaneYour feedback matters!
In my face there is very dark spot and I am facing problem so if you help me to given me information I will highly obliged and thank ful to you.
Sir my skin got becomes darker and darker. How to solve the problem by taking which medicines or tablets?
I have a problem with my face & hand skin it's getting dark. I need to know reason why it's wasn't like that before but now I feel that I am dark why?
I have a boil above my lips. It is swollen, red and painful. I had 2 boils inside my nose few days back and they are healed. Why the boils are recurring please suggest me something on this issue.
Hello doctor i am male patient. My face skin colour is very dark. The under eyes also get dark. As my body colour which is covered is fair. Is this because of lot of melanin or improper diet. Please let me know. I am facing problem in my marriage because of my face skin.
I rubbed my cheeks and injured it. And got hyperpigmentation after its recovery? How to remove hyperpigmentation?
Honey +sugar or lemon +sugar which face mask is better for exfoliating the skin. Which one should I apply?
Hello my age is17 and I got a white patch on my forehead since 1 month. What could be the reason for dis. Please can I knw.
I am 20 year old I have pimples and my face going dark please tell me the best fairness cream and pimple remover and dandruff remover.
I am 22 years men I am blackish in colour not so dark I want to become better white not to white better than present.
I have black heads I used facial cream to remove it but couldn't see any affect over what should I do.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Blood test cancer prostate is PSA. It is done only if there is a suspicion of cancer. Most cases can be managed by medication. Surgical removal procedure needs a minimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.