Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nita Mahesh JagadYour feedback matters!
Kawasaki disease is a rare condition that mainly affects children under the age of five. It's also known as mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome?
Sir, my son is 5 years old. He urinates in bed every night. We are giving him Depsonil 25 mg before sleep since two months. He is still unable to wake up timely. Sometimes he does it twice a night. Kindly provide some help.
Hi sir, my son is 3 years old is victim of un-descended testicles can you suggest me up to what age surgery has to be done?
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Dear doctor I am father of nine years old daughter. From last one or two years we are facing a problem. Some times it happened like when we are sleeping my daughter get up and start moving around in the room or near by it seems like she is sleeping and un consciously making all the moves. I would like you to suggest me some good medicine and suggestion for further treatment. Regards inderjeet thanks doctor.
My 6 weak old daughter keeps on crying while she awake or keep sucking milk otherwise she sleep. What should I do to keep her calm.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.
Dear sir I am asking this for my son who has just completed 9 month on 25th. Last 2 days he was having dehydration which we thought is bcz he is getting the teeth. He has suddenly starting avoiding his formula milk or any milk which he use to take regularly. He is even not interested in any food and living in ORS. What should we do please suggest.
My son age is 12 years old, he is suffering stomach problem since 5 or 6 years of age. Everyday he has a tendency to go to latrine 3 to 4 times and also feeling stomach pain off and on. Generally Most of the days he is going spit type of latrine. Please help me what to do?
Hi Doctor, My baby boy on 13th completed his 3 month. Last week he suffered from serious issue, in his poo I saw blood so I consulted with my paediatric Dr. he said it's fresh blood and it's because of infection, and he gave him Taxim-O-O syrup for 5 days. But still issue is remain as it is. But blood may comes in every poo it comes in mostly morning poo. 1 or 2 times. Along with that he also have congenital heart disease it's because of that. He is on medication like calcium syrup and tonoferon. It's because of this medication. Is this a serious issue what can I do for this pls help me Dr. His weight is 4.24 n it's low so Dr. gave him simyl MCT OIL.
1. Infant oral health exam, which includes risk assessment for caries in mother and child.
2. Preventive dental care including cleaning and flouride application as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
3. Habit counselling like pacifier use and thumb sucking.
4. Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite.
5. Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
6. Management of gum diseases.
7. Care of dental injuries for examle-fractured, displaced or knocked out teeth.