Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nishikant BorseYour feedback matters!
Mujhe week eyesight ki problem hai koi 3 mahinu se aur mere lens ka no. Hai -0.5 and -0.2 kuch aisahe toh kua meri ankhien bohat zyada weak hain. Aur main unko normal karna chahta hu aap mujhe bool sakhte ho kaise.
My mother's right eye vision lost for 2 hours while she was taking bath in morning. We consulted an eye specialist her specs no. Got increased and he was saying it was due to BP attack. She is taking Amtas-at tablet for last 5 years. What should we do next?
Am 21 Years old and I have eye sight of 5 plus for both the eyes so what should I do in order to get complete free frm spots other then laser treatments any other way of curing it?
My eye-sight keeps on increasing in number. Please tell the required remedy. And to reduce the number.
There are many reasons why we are required to wear glasses or contact lenses including poor vision, far sightedness, inward eyelids and a variety of other conditions. These contact lenses have to cleaned, worn and stored properly so as to avoid complications in the eyes. Contact lens discomfort includes symptoms like redness, puffiness, swelling, itching, watering and burning of the eyes along with cloudy vision and pain.
If you are facing contact lens discomfort, here is what you will need to do:
- Cleanliness: The first thing to do when you face even a slight discomfort is to check your lenses properly. You will have to ensure that you clean your contact lenses before and after use, especially if they are not the disposable kind. Yet, any discomfort can point at the fact that there may be some contaminants and infectants lurking around on the surface. Ensure that you clean the lenses again and then wear them. You must make sure that your hands are clean when you are handling them and that you are not using a lint ridden towel to dry them off as this lint can easily get onto the surface of the lenses and cause severe itching, irritation and burning.
- Make Up: Have you used your make up before wearing your contact lenses? Then chances are that you have transferred some of that makeup onto the lenses while wearing them. This makeup can get trapped in the lenses and cause severe discomfort. So remember to apply your makeup only after you have worn your lenses, and remove the makeup only after you have removed the lenses so that you avoid any discomfort.
- Type of Contact Lenses: Prolonged discomfort and pain may point at the fact that your contact lenses are less than ideal for you. You may want to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist in order to check the lens fit and size as well as the material of the lens, as unbeknownst to us, we may be allergic to certain material. Find out whether you need a hard or a soft material or if the soft disposable lenses have some elements that are not suiting your eyes and skin.
- Environmental Factors: You may also want to check with your doctor about conditions like humidity and heat as well as harsh winters and rain in case your contact lenses are causing problems for you. The doctor may be able to change the contact lenses as per the weather conditions so that you are more comfortable.
Tear film stability and dryness of the eye should also be checked before wearing a certain type of contact lens. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
I have numbers on my eyes. I wear glasses regularly but I don't like to wear this so can I do lasik surgery to remove the numbers? Is this safe?
My daughter 20year old some days her eyes portion not pure white, red lines there. First time first month when her periods not come. What we do. What test. She has 70kg weight.
Here are some tips to manage cataracts
Tips to manage Cataracts
Hi! I’m Dr. Rajeev. I’m a Senior Consultant in Glaucoma Cataract and Defect Surgery.
Today, I’m going to inform you about Cataracts. Cataract is a condition wherein, there is a opacity in the normal crystalline lens.
The normal lens of the eye is transparent. Any opacity in the eye is called as cataract. Cataract is a word derived from an Egyptian word which means water fall. The fogginess of the waterfall is what a cataract means.
The most common cataract that we come across is called as senile cataract. It is easily treated. The cause of easily treated cataract is multifactorial. There is no single cause attributed to the cataract.
All cataracts may not be operated. Any cataract that affects the normal visual functioning is to be operated. There is no medical treatment for the cataracts.
Cataracts can easily be treated with surgery which is called as phacoemulsification or which involves giving a small incision in the cornea, in cornea and in which we cut and suck the cataract with the help of a pro and implant a lens in the space. It can be done under topical anesthesia or without injections and the patient starts seeing within the days’ time.
Post operatively, some medications are prescribed some medications are given which need to be taken for two to four weeks. Glasses can be prescribed after four weeks and you can resume your normal functioning within a day’s time.There are special lenses; there are wide range of lenses available for cataract surgery. This can be spherical, toric and multi-purpose lenses.
You can discuss it with your doctors depending on your need, he’ll prescribe what you want and if you want any further information about cataract, you can talk to me on Lybrate or you can search me online through Lybrate.
How to improve our eyes without lasik or any other operation. Please tell me the way to get rid of specs.
My eye sights is very low. Around 10-12 years before I injured by screwdriver in my left eye. From that time my eyes numbers increasing in every few months. Now my left side eye number is 13.00 Cyl. 1.00 Axis 155 and right side eye number is -11.00 cyl. 01.00 Axis 30 but number is not stable yet I have tried many big hospitals like center for sight etc. They have suggested me ICL to operate both eye. Please share your views on below queries. 1. ICL is best solution for my eyes? 2. Is there any side effect I can get in future. 3. Any other way or treatment you want to proffered me? 4. And also I am facing dryness problem in my both eyes. Any eye drop you want to suggest me? 5. Might be I am suffering from pathological myopia. What is pathological myopia?
I am suffering from a eye disease called myopia and I want to not to wear spectacle mlens power is - 2.5D please give me suggestions.
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.