Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nishanth S. Rao
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nishanth S. RaoYour feedback matters!
I have gone through one of my tooth extraction today. Do I need to talk less. I am not having much trouble while talking.
Experiencing pain in gums and became reddish. Location of gums is below the lower front teeth behind the lower lip. I am on moxikind cv 625 and ketorol DT daily 2 times after meals and Rantac 150 before meals daily morning. Pls suggest me whether i'm on correct medication?
I had problem of halitosis disease. I even had consult with dentist and got scaling and filling done on my teeth. But problem of bad breath still occurs nothing benefited my situation. What should I do next? Which doctor should I consult. How can this halitosis or bad breath can be terminated.
Am under treatment of alignment of tooth I mean wearing braces. Yesterday night suddenly pain in right side to last teeth now in that teeth gum becomes swelling and paining please suggest me some medicine. Daily am washing mu mouth with hot water with salt and regularly using mouth wash also why it happen I don't please suggest me again it won't come.
Sir I quiet chewing tobacco since 2 weeks but also my mouth has been locked by tobacco and on my tongue their is so many ulcer and also on that side which I use to chewing tobacco. So please recommend me some gel or medicine so I can get well.
I am 22 years old. I have problem in my teeth, its getting yellow and when I eat something its pain. Please suggest me some tips what should I do?
Hi doctor, I'm 25 years old for last 4 days I'm suffering with mouth ulcer what I have to do please let me know so, what to do?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.