Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishant NanavatiYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 years old man and I believe I am suffering from adhd for the last 6 years it has had negative impact on my studies and my social life I am able to concentrate on my studies my mind keeps on wondering to random thoughts, I procrastinate work too much, I cant sit still and breathe easy, there is a feeling of something brewing in the area just below my stomach and above the rectum, I over think a lot mostly about negative thoughts what should the course of treatment for me?
My baby is 2 month year. His mother not producing sufficient amount of milk for feeding. Please tell me what can I do n if any medicine available please prescribe me. I heard from my friend that PERINORM is used for it. Please guide me. Thanks.
My 2 Months baby boy taking bottle feeding(Mother Milk not coming).He is taking NanPro1(Suggested by Doctor). Right now we are using only D3 drops. Some times he is feeling uneasy, is there any medicine for digestion. Please suggest me
My head started paining before 3 days and now slowly cough is also occurring, is it symptom of tuberculosis. please tell me.
Hello Our baby is one month old. From last 5-7 days she is passing urine after long hours like 5-6 hours. She is having cough also and her nose is also a bit jam. She also takes out her tongue very frequently with a lot saliva. She is also taking less feed. She takes very less feed and she keeps sleeping all the time and avoids feed for 3-4 hours. She takes very less feed and then again goes back to sleep. Please advice.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?