Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishant NanavatiYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctors, My younger daughter is 8 years old, suffers occasionally from cluster sneezing (sneezes upto 5 times in one go many times everyday especially in the mornings.
Hello doctor My son is one year old. More than a week he is suffering from loose stool. May I know why he is suffering like this problem. please send me clear answer.
My baby is 25 days old and every time she passes gas or even otherwise little poops comes out. Her normal poops are abut 3 to 4 times per day but this small ones means I am changing her nappy in every five minutes. Please advise is this normal or not.
Hello Doctors, how many days should a normal healthy woman should breastfeed the baby? Please enlight.
My daughter is 4 years old. Tomorrow night she fell down and her lips got cut by teeth and her nose was bleeding. Please help me.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
My baby is 3/2 years of old, and his weight is only near about 5 k. G. How can I try to gain his weight?
Hi, My 14 months baby is complaining pain in his left arm, above and below. He presses his arm gently and shows that he has pain there. My kind requests to Doctor, to suggest us why he is having pain there?
I m suffering for tinnitus for one year all reports are positive doctor say ur audiotary nerve become week sir I m now depress any solution
My child perform well at home, but she does not perform well in school. What may be the possible reasons and how to tackle this issue?
Hi, My daughter is 3 years 4 months old we recently shifted to Bangalore. Here the climate is not getting suited for my daughter, regularly she getting cold & cough. From past 2 weeks she taking homeopathy medicine, still she has cough. How many days will it take to cure thru this treatment.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
My cousin sister is 8 years old, from last 7-8 months I have observing different changes in her behavior. She do not gell up with kids at school, apart from that, she have even started getting jealous with the others, if her parents give attention to some other child, though she is the only child. As per what I have observed, the jealousy or insecurity she faces is with the child of same gender (ex. If her parents gifts anything to any girl, she starts crying loud, or even if they talk to any other kid politely, even then there is a trouble.(i have not seen the same for the other sex). I am very much worried because few months back, it never happened & now this thing is at its pace.
Hi Doctor, My daughter is 5 years old once she had fever all of sudden so met pediatric and be said there is small sound in heart. So I met cardiologist and did scanning after that's be said normal, but in blr again we retested there he told rhythm is less so worried what to do can you please let me know is there any problem. But they asked for symptoms but nothing I can see in her.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
My age is 32 years, and I have a one child who is 2 year old. Last 10 days when I do the sex then I have a pain in my lower abdomen. please tell me its a normal or not.
My twin sons born on 11-08-2015. Three vaccination 6, 10 &14 weeks injected on tamil nadu primary health centre. Any extra vaccination must injects? Pls. Given details.
Thalassemia is a type of a disease, resulting in the abnormal production of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin stimulates oxygen circulation all over the body. Therefore, a dip in the hemoglobin count can lead to anemia, a disease inducing weakness as well as fatigue. Acute anemia can take a toll on the organs and ultimately cause death.
Severe thalassemia in children yields symptoms, such as dark urine, abdominal swelling, slow growth, jaundice, a pale appearance and deformed skull bones. Diarrhea, frequent fevers and eating disorders are also common.
- Blood transfusions: Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment needed for beta thalassemia aiming to keep sufficient Hb level to avoid long-term complications, though bone marrow transplant is radical cure for the disease.
- Iron chelation therapy: The hemoglobin in the red blood cells is rich in iron-protein that gets deposited in the blood with regular blood transfusion. This condition is known as iron overload as it damages heart, liver and various parts of the body. Iron chelation therapy is used to prevent this damage as it helps to remove the excess iron from the body. Deferoxamine and Deferasirox are two such medicines used for this therapy.
- Folic acid supplements: Folic acid being a B vitamin produces healthy red blood cells and is therefore recommended as a substitute for the above procedures.
- Transplant of blood and marrow stem cell: A blood and a marrow (a substance within the cavities of bones where blood cells are produced) transplant replaces the faulty stem cells with healthy ones contributed by a donor.