Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishant NanavatiYour feedback matters!
Hi Is it ok to give water to 6 months old baby. She is taking fruits and vegetables juice etc. But doctor did not permitted us to give her water. Please suggest.
My baby is 4.5 moths old. She is having lots of cough. We went to a Doctor and he gave me medicine and said put a warm cloth on the chest of the baby i'm doing that from 2 days. But today in her poo I found some blood. Like when the girls are having mensuration that sticky blood. I'm quit worried for this.
According breast feed: I had stopped feeding my 4th month baby after 2 month. Now lactation stopped completely. Can I get back usual like breast feed as 2 month .what I have to do.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
My baby boy is 9mnth old. Today done with measles vaccine. Aftt few hrs vomitings strtd. Please could you tell me what could be the reason and what i. Need to know .
Hi 3.6 years daughter having cramp in stomach and thread like appearance in stool. Pls suggest what to do.
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
Hi. My son is 2.6years old. He was using Johnsons n Johnson baby soap but he got skin problem so doctors prescribed him Dermadew babysoap. So I stopped Johnson baby soap. I want to know which face powder to use for my son who has skin problem? Pls suggest me.
Hi All, I blessed with baby girl after completing 9 months Baby girl weight is 1500gms its been 2 week she born Now she is suffering from cold We visited doctor last week and he given nasa spray but cold did not got reduced ,now we are worrying a lot as she is already low weight Can any one please suggest how long it takes to reduce and how to treat it Symptoms Sneezing Slight sound while breathing She is drinking milk but reduced some what now No fever.
My girl baby 5 months old, she is drinking very less mother's milk due to reducing milk, we are give nan pro milk, 2 times (30ML 30ML) per day can we give any other food, please suggest me.
My son is one year old. He is in a stage where his teeth are coming. He is suffering with loose motion for the past 5 days.
My son is 2 year 9 month old he is not eating food they want only fruit how increase its health he was become to road how to increase his health ?
I am a new born baby mother 22 days of my baby son n I have done post cizor recently but I unable to breast feeding to my baby becoz I can not properly sit I can not feed him now wht 2 do.
If the father have diabetes after his parenting then how is the link of his child's have diabetes. Is anything matters related to his gene or something else? If the risk is more then what care should someone suppose to take to avoid the risk?
My 2 months baby boy was vomiting a little bit of milk after feeding. some times after one hour of feeding he is spitting little bit of milk(look like card). Please suggest me to prevent the vomiting
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I want to give my 1 year baby cow milk. Please let me know which variety of nandini can be given to her. I stay in bangalore
Hello Doctors Team, My son having 5.5 months old and his weight is 8.4 kg and he is having his food as Mothers Milk with the addition of formula Milk (Similac 1 Advance ), now I would like to know like when we can start other foods and what kind of foods we can start and the schedule intervals. Better to suggest the way forward and what is your suggestion about COW MILK / Packet Milk for baby feeding? Thanking you in advance!
My son is just 14 days old. Today he did not go to a deep sleep, just crying and potty is not clear. What should I do?
At the point when your child is around six months old, you can acquaint him with a variety of foods. Giving your child a solid, balanced diet will guarantee he has the vitamins and supplements he/she needs to develop.
Do not get into the easy trap of feeding junk to make the kids happy. Never give your child foods that are high in sugar or salt. These foods are low in vital supplements and it's easy for your child to feel full after eating them, leaving less space for healthy meals.
So which foods and drinks should you limit as your baby grows?
Below is the list of the worst foods to feed your child.
1. Crisps and Crackers: Crisps and crackers are typically high in salt. Babies require just a little measure of salt: under 1g (0.4g sodium) a day until they are 12 months old. Your child's kidneys can't adapt to more salt than this, so it’s best to avoid crisps and crackers.
2. Fizzy Drinks: These beverages come with zero health benefits, and their acidic nature can harm your infant's developing teeth. Also some fizzy beverages contain caffeine, which can make your child jittery and disturb his/her sleeping patterns, giving him/her a headache as a result.
All your infant needs to drink is milk. Likewise, sugary beverages are high in calories, and can make your child overweight in toddlerhood, if given to him/her regularly.
3. Fruit Juice: Fruit juice may sound like something very healthy. However, it's advised not to give your infant fruit juice for the same reason as you should avoid soft drinks and sodas. Fruit juices are high in natural sugars and are acidic, which means they can harm your infant's teeth.
Water and breastmilk are the most suitable beverages for your infant until he's one year old.
Milk contains essential minerals and vitamins, for example, calcium, vitamin B2, and vitamin B12, which are essential for your baby’s proper growth and development.
4. Sweets and Chocolates: High sugar foods such as desserts and chocolates means are best avoided. Sugar creates acid in your child’s mouth and attacks his enamel, causing cavities and consequently tooth decay.
However, if you want to give your child sweets, feed them to him/her during meal time. The amount of saliva in the mouths increases while eating a meals. Saliva, being a natural antiseptic, neutralises the effects of the enamel attacking acid produced by these sugary delights.