Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NishaYour feedback matters!
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have 2 babies. One of 4.5years old & second is 1 year 4 months old by cesarian. Earlier I had 3 miscarriages. I usually have a pain in my stomach, when I do some heavy household and there also starts white discharge from my vagina. But if I use belt then there is no such problem. I want to lose my weight especially of stomach and hips. What should I do. I got tensed very soon also. Please guide me.
Mujhe ye baat bta skte ho aap agr hum one day me 4 ya five times hum sex kiya to koi problem.Please tell.
It helps the growth of the tissues, in addition to increase of resistance & immunity power of the body, that helps to fight infections with immuno creative & rejuvenating treatment.
It makes an individual healthy bodily & mentally to live long disease free.
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
I am 20 years old I had realtionship with my bf on 18 aprilmy period date is 8 and now I m not feeling welli am feeling like vomiting since one week I want to ask that I m pregnant or not?
My wife is 21 years old n we already have one child. But now we have aborted two times. Is it a problem to worry abt. Which is the better time to have the next baby (how many months. She aborted the second just now. Is their any problems for her health.
Hello mam I had an intercourse on 27th od december. I.e 7th day of my period. And took unwanted 72 widen 2 hours. I got little bleeding in urine after 7 to 8 days of sex. Its more then a month today. My period date was 21. Its got delayed. Can I know whats the issue?
I am not getting menstruation regularly. It's been 3 years I am facing this problem. I got menstruation in 10 months.
The recent study says an initial analysis found thousands of chemicals in the clothes and around 100 chemicals were identified. Exposure to these chemicals increases the risk of allergic dermititis. Some of them are suspected or proved carcinogens and some have aquatic toxicity.
The highest concentration of quinolines and aromatic amines were found in polyester. It is difficult to know if the levels of these harmful substances are hazardous and what effects chemicals in our clothes can have in the long run.
I am 28 years old lady, many times not able to wake up early, dont have energy levels, feel mentally tired out.
Women with pcos (polycystic ovarian syndrome), are researched to be at a greater risk for heart diseases, obesity, diabetes and infertility.
A few dietary guidelines to combat pcos
Try to select lower glycemic index foods such as whole grains (jowar, bajra, whole wheat, green vegetables, etc) as they will cause a slower rise in blood sugar levels. For example, oat flakes or wheat daliah (10 gm fiber/1/2 cup) has a lower glycemic index than cornflakes (1 gm fiber/1/2 cup. Simply put, add fiber in your diet by selecting wheat breads over white breads, wheat rotis over rice or maida naans, fresh fruits over fruit juices.
Do cut down your carbohydrate levels so low that you induce ketosis. Try to space the carbohydrates evenly through the day and eat small and frequent meals rather than 3 large meals.
Restrict intake of those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings (i. E. Refined sugar, sweets, candies or chocolates which triggers craving for some people). Choose dates or honey to meet your sugar cravings.
Suggested vitamin/ mineral supplements: taking calcium 1000 mg - 1500 mg (take two - three 500 mg pills a day as prescribed but be sure to space them out as you can only absorb 500 mg at a time). You may also add a multivitamin with minerals like folic acid, especially so, if you are trying to get pregnant.
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day as a high fiber carbohydrate intake can cause dehydration.
For heart health, limit foods high in saturated and trans-fats (i. E, whole milk and products, butter, red meat, fried foods, rich desserts, etc.). Select mainly monounsaturated fats (i. E. Olive oil, canola oil, nuts) and omega 3 fats -fatty fish (such as bangda, rohu, sardines, and surmai), flaxseed, and nuts as these fats are heart friendly. Exercise on a regular basis to lose weight and improve insulin response.