Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirmal Surya
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmal SuryaYour feedback matters!
My hands are shivering. I feel that this is because of nerves weakness. Could you suggest a method through which I can cure this. Please also suggest some food items which will strengthen my nerves. Please.
I have less sensation on the left side of my lap when I touch, unless I press that area hard? What should I do?
I'm suffering from severe depression. I have tried many drugs but nothing happened, no improvement also. I am a doctor by profession. Kindly help to get rid of this insomnia.
Sir i am trying to sleep from last 4 days but cannot sleep fr a second. I have my usual time for sleeping is 2 am. But last 4 days I am trying to sleep but not single things working.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side. In ayurveda it is called vamkushi:
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fats gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of parkinsons and alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to ayurveda.
Pins and Needles sensation since 15 days. Had slept on a sofa cum bed where the upper part was hard and lower part was soft. Since the I am having this pins and needles sensation in my legs and feet.
Hello sir, My uncle has met with brain stroke 3 years back. As of now he is gud but his left hand is just like we keep the hand when fractured and his fingers are closed just we close our fingers. Nerves are clumsy and are not free to move. His ring finger makes all fingers to be close. His fist is always closed due to tight fix of nerves. Is there any injection to free up nerves so that he can easily open and close his hands.
Hi doctor I am not able to lift my hand and I am feeling numbness on my left hand one of my friend when playing caught left of my neck by mistake so suddenly numbness started. I consulted a local doctor he told it will go in 2 hours but it dint go this happened at yesterday 3 pm and still dint go what should I do doctor?
I am trying to quit smoking, but its very hard to quit smoking, I am getting head ache and my fingers are shivering, can you please advise me to get rid of smoking.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.