Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmal RautYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. I've frequent stomach problems, I feel unusual cramps. I feel the heat down my tummy. I was admitted recently as I was diagnosed with Diarrhea. This being one of the symptom of cancer has moved me.
My aunt has initial stage of Breast cancer & have removed left breast. Now Chemo therapy needs to be started. Doctor suggested Cup therapy or Vein therapy. Kindly suggest which is better therapy?
I am suffering from fibroadenoma since a long time but I have been taking homeopathy medicine since last six months. The time I take medicine my tumour is in small size but if I stop taking it, my tumour grows. What should I do to remove the tumour completely except having a surgery?
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
Doctor said it is normal. I do not have symptoms. Why to check for psa? What is the normal size of prostate? At 25age. All men have different size or same?
Whether enlargement of prostrate is harmful? How to prevent enlargement of prostrate in men and remedy the already enlarged prostrate?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
I checked my breast lump by mammogram and found it is only fibroblastoma. No malignancy. Is it harmful in future I am 20 years female.
I found a small breast lump near my nipple area. What should I do now? I also have PCOS. Please advise.
My mother died of breast cancer at the 70. For regular checkup can I opt for blood test i.e breast marker test instead of mammography. Please suggest I am worried.
I am 60 years Male. prostrate PSA 2.55.Later USG KUB done. Urinary bladder distended with mid wall thickening 4 mm. No evidence of calculi. Previous volume 520 cc. Post void vol 127 cc. prostrate enlargement size 5 * 4.4 * 4.3 cms approx wt 84gms. Can the prostrate enlargement be treated or is Holmium Laser enucleation of prostrate necessary. Whats the approx cost of it. Please advise.
Is cancer a genetic disease? As because three of my aunt that is my mother's sisters had cancer and all of them are own sister. Please help me with this.
Science has advanced a lot through the ages. Doctors have also succeeded in curing many diseases in this time. But even with one of the most advanced technologies, they still haven’t found a fool proof way to cure cancer. Even out of the many types of cancer, blood cancer is the worst among them. You surely wouldn’t want to get into such a situation. Would you? The best way out of blood cancer is never to get one. To prevent it you can take care of a few things:
- Maintaining proper body weight: Although you can’t do much to prevent cancer, you must ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight. This implied that your BMI should be normal (healthy weight) so that you have a good chance of fighting it. It has been said by many leading institutions worldwide as the best way to prevent cancer. One can maintain proper body weight by making sure they exercise every day for at least 30 minutes and also maintain a well-balanced diet. This would help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduction in the consumption of calorie dense food: Not only because calorie dense foods like cold drinks increase your weight, the sugar mixes with your blood and thus is difficult to transport through the body. Thus they add a lot of impurities to the body and must be avoided for the best interests in your effort to fight cancer. The worst fact about calorie dense foods is that you can easily consume 1000 – 2000 calories long before you can satisfy your hunger. Thus, it also defeats your first preventive measure to avoid cancer.
- Staying away from harmful chemicals like pesticides: You might not know it and be happily spraying pest control sprays everywhere without a proper mask thinking you will make the pests go away. What you don’t know is that those pesticides are harmful for your blood and one should avoid them. To increase the probability of winning against blood cancer, it’s vital to keep this in mind.
- Consulting a doctor from time to time: One should always go and visit a medical practitioner from time to time so that they can maintain proper health. Furthermore, if you see symptoms like fever, frequent infections, night sweating, swollen liver with abdomen pain, enlarged lymph nodes (they are usually painless), then be sure to go to a medical practitioner. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. Thus one should try to prevent blood cancer not cure it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.