Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Niren MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have very high congestion in lungs. What should I do as I'm feeling uncomfortable while breathing.
Erectile dysfunction and feeling small penis then earlier. From 2008 to 2013 I have taken treatment of depression after that I have this problem. please help me out now it's time for my marriage and i am very nervous.
Hello Dr. My father is suffering from chest TB. And I want to know what should I do for not getting infected. please suggest me diet or any way.
Hello, Every morning and during sleeping my mouth was full with water and as well that water was coming continuous until I brushed. Why this happen and how does it cure?
I am suffering for the dry cough for the last two weeks. So can you suggest me the solution that Wii help me. Thank you.
I am 20yr old male and I am suffering from itching between my legs upper section. (behind the testis) it got something like burnt marks after I applied a hair remover cream. It makes a problem when I walk. please help.
I am facing an early ejaculation. How can improve my stamina. Is that good to use growth Harmon for pennies.
I am 23 years old boy having problem in stomach. I used to drink a lot and smoke also. Is the health problem causes by the drink? And what is the cure?
I am24 years old . My penis is bent downside. I want to make it straight and thick. Please provide me solution of it.
M a bisexual and my partner also the same we going anal sex (on 21 October) without protection I am a bottom Now I realised it was the wrong things that I had done And m in doubt and in fear also What should I do now I wanted to be a medically fit Please help me what should I do now As on that area (anus) their are some small cut also. Nd little bit bleeding also come along with potty please help me wht should I do.
Hello sir, I am having frequent headaches due to my gas problem in stomach. I Keep on taking saridon daily which makes me relieved. Is there any permanent solution to this pain?
मेरा एनजियोप्लास्टी मई 2015 में रविन्द्र नाथ टैगोर कोलकाता हाॅस्पिटल में हुआ है Echo test में 60% blocked बताया गया एवं cholesterol भी बढ़ा हुआ था एक sent लगा है अतः उचित सलाह दें अब मुझे क्या सावधानी बरतना चाहिए एवं exercise के बारे में भी बताएं धन्यवाद
My father has polyp in the vocal chord since 5 years. We take homeopathy treatment for that. His voice is so hoarse. He don't have any pain BuT his voice is changed from years. He don't want surgery as in allopathy no other treatment. We also don't take endoscopy from 3 years. What to do. Pls suggest. Is dis matter is serious.
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.