Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav NastaYour feedback matters!
I have alot of unwanted facial hair under my eyes. How can I reduce hair growth there? Laser is very expensive for me. Kindly tell me some home remedies for thinning or reduction of unwanted facial hair. Secondly I have a very dull face. I want a glowing skin without any dark circles and flawless complexion. Kindly tell how can I achieve the same? Thanks alot.
I am suffering from eyes irritating problem. Because of this I can't open my eyes properly and feel pain in my eyes. So kindly give your best advice to me. To cure this disease.
I am using specs from last 1 one year but now I want to remove specs so what should I do to remove specs.
I have red eye from three days，I tried many eye drops but it does not effected please suggest any prescription.
I won't sleep in nights and more I work on system. I am working night shifts. Please suggest me the best solution to protect my eyes and get the sleep well.
I am 22 years old, I can't see in left eye when I was 1 year old and it also shifted in left corner (crossed eye). Now if I got the surgery the eye Will be straight? If yes, for how many days it will be straight? please help me I am in a frustration.
I am 24 years old girl. Doing job in late night shifts till 2: 30 am. My eye side is weak, wear specs of -2 in left and -1.75 in right eye. Usually, have headache most of the time feels like haziness, headache remains even after sleeping.
My eyes become red when I go outside in dust or exposure to sun or watch TV under fan, what should I do?
I am 15 Years old and my spectacles number for both eyes is 4 . My question is that can my eyesight be normal and how. By wearing my glasses can my eyesight increase.
Eye floaters can make your vision interrupted as spotted vision will be experienced as a result of this kind of condition. Peripheral vision gets diminished and you will find severe eye flashes that are pretty disturbing. Vision spots are viewed easily and before these spots go worse you should report the same to your doctor.
What are the homeopathic treatments for curing eye floaters?
There are many homeopathic eye drops that are usually recommended for getting rid of the unwanted symptoms or signs of eye floaters. There are some specialized ingredients that are being used in these eyedrops for reducing or eliminating the symptoms. Though homeopathic remedies are safe, but over dosage of these remedies should be eliminated for avoiding unwanted reactions. This is the reason only prescribed medicines should be taken.
Some of the most useful ingredients are as follows:
- Cineraria Maritima: This is one of the leading homeopathic ingredients that are quite helpful in supporting eye circulation. All kinds of eye toxins are completely removed as a result of which vision difficulties can be prevented. On the other hand, eye tissues are thoroughly nourished as a result of using this kind of ingredient.
- Euphrasia: Traditional eye tonics are usually created with the use of this particular ingredient and this is the reason it is of greater importance for curing eye floaters. Different eye related issues can be efficiently dealt by the use of this ingredient like light sensitivity, burning, dryness and many others.
- Causticum: If you are facing tremendous eye pain due to eye floaters, then nothing can be the best option other than choosing those homeopathic medicines that include this ingredient. Spots or cloudiness can be reduced to a great extent with the consistent usage of this ingredient. This is why maximum experienced homeopathic doctors are prescribing the medicines that have this ingredient to most of the patients facing the concerned eye trouble.
- Sepia: Different vision issues can be effectively dealt by this ingredient like veiled vision, spots, glare, light blurring streaks and others.
- Calcarea phosphorica: Painful and blurry visions are being effectively tackled by means of this ingredient. Foreign-body sensation in your eyes can be easily corrected by means of the same.
- Calcarea fluorica: Tiny eye capillaries can be strengthened by means of this specific ingredient. Other troubles of eyes that can be corrected by the ingredient are corneal opacity, cataract, blurry vision and others.
If you are using glasses, are 18 years or older , have to wear glasses and wish to seek treatment for your glasses , you need to read on.
Brief information about LASIK Laser Vision Correction
What does Laser vision correction do ?
Laser vision correction is a technique used for the correction of spectacle number being worn by the patient . This treatment enables the patient to see clearly without glasses.
Who are the likely candidates for laser vision correction ?
Patients of Myopia ( wearing minus glasses ) , Hypermetropia ( wearing plus glasses ) with or without astigmatism are suitable candidates for laser vision correction. In addition , the patient must have achieved 18+ age and his/her spectacle number must have remained stable for 6-12 months .
What types of eye glass numbers can be treated ?
We can treat :
(-) Minus numbers
(+) Plus numbers
& Cylindrical numbers
What are the different techniques for correcting eye glasses ?
Beyond using glasses and contact lenses , there are basically two different ways of correcting the number of glasses.
1. Laser Vision Correction popularly known as LASIK
2. ICL or Phakic Lenses
Are there more than one techniques of Laser vision correction ?
Yes , there are different techniques to correct glasses with Laser
1. PRK / LASEK / ASA
2. Microkeratome based LASIK
3. Bladefree LASIK
The choice of technique for a particular patient depends upon the suitability determined after assessing the various parameters of the eyes with Pentacam topography which tells us about the thickness of the cornea amongst many other details. Depending upon the number of your eye glasses and calculating it against the corneal thickness helps us deriving the technique(s) available for your eyes specifically .
Bladefree LASIK utilizes two different lasers for doing laser vision correction .
Bladefree Lasik workstation with the Femtosecond Laser on the left , the Excimer laser on the right and a swinging patient bed which shifts the patient between these two lasers.
What is ICL ?
If after detailed checking ,corneal thickness is inadequate to carry out Laser vision correction , then ICL phasic intraocular lens implantation is considered as the final frontier.
With the ICL , very high numbers can be corrected quite accurately. Here also we have to test the patient suitability for ICL implantation.
How long do I need to stay in the Hospital for Laser vision correction ?
For PRK you may need to stay for approximately 6 days
For Normal LASIK , approximately 3 days
For Bladefree LASIK , approximately 3 days.
Local patients can reside at home.