Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav DavdaYour feedback matters!
Iam having red eyes for few hours. I am a. Contact lens user and using it since 4 years never had such a issue earlier. It's only red in left eye. No pain and all. I used I kul plus for it and it's almost less now.
I am 18 years old male. I was suffering from kerato conus since I was 10. Reports say that it is stable now. But in the years, it has affected my sight a lot. I have great numbered specks. Can you please suggest me any way for the recovery of my eyesight? (other than operation). Also can yiu tell me the cause of kerato conus? In my case, it is not genetic. Please help.
Im having a problem of vision and I am using spectacles. I want to remove it and go for laser treatment. My power value is high as well as high axis. Can you help me out?
Hi, My father has glaucoma problem. 1 month back surgery was done. But still his eye pressure is not controlled (24). What is the solution for this? Please help me. Thanks
Sir/Ma'm, I have a habit of remain awake late night. Now I am having problems like Blurred vision and My sleep cycle is totally disturbed. Please tell me, What can I do for improving my eye sight And also how can I make my sleep Cycle Natural. Thank you.
Sir my eyesight is going weak day by day please suggest me which medicine should I take to regain my eyesight normal.
I am interested in joining navy but I have a high covered spectecles . Its about -2.5 will I be able to reduce my power. And how?
I have a black ring around my eyes. How can I solve this problem. I used many medicine but it doesn't clear my black Ring.
I m 45 and I have left eye detachment 3 time one gas type and two buckle type with oil surgery followed by macula pucker same surgery done still vision wavy and distorted any help pls.
I'm 22 yo and the thickness of my cornea in left eye is 473 with myopia of - 8.75 and in right eye the thickness is 482 with myopia of - 6.25. Kindly, suggest what treatment will suit me the most?
I am having eye sight weakness and having on my eyes and my major issue is dryness and due to this I am getting pain. Kindly guide any good medication or anything else which you think is best. Thanks.
I have 0.25 eye sight I can not see object clearly of distance and it is hard to work with glasses should I do laser treatment. If YES is there any side effects, will it work. How much will it cost.
My eyes sometimes become red mostly after taking a shower but not a big problem with that. Can I practice headstand once in a week, or please tell me my eyes would be affected by this. Thank you.
My eyes are paining I feel like I want to touch on every time to do massage on it. By the way I don't have any sight problem.
What Is Myopia (Nearsightedness)?
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.