Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nirav DavdaYour feedback matters!
Sir I wear glasses my no is increasing nd increasing till the day when I used to wear glasses what will I do to reduce it?
My brother gets itching in his eyes every evening and water in eyes. Eyes get red and he is unable to open his eyes for half an hour. What should be done? and what can be the problem?
I've a perfect vision. I can see clearly things written far on war. But still when I wake up n when I use fon I get really red eyes? What's the problem?
Ultrasound of left eye of my mother aged 69 suggest asteroid hyalosis bodies in vitreous chamber. Lens echos also show cataract changes. Should we go for removal of cataract at this stage.
I get lot of pain in eyes and head when I sits in front of system. I also get it checked from eye specialist. I wear specks. But as per doctor issue is not because of number change. It is due to dryness. When on leave or holiday its normal. Pls suggest.
I have red eyes over a long time and slightly itching. Even though if I had a proper sleep some times I see smoke all over the places but when I ask someone did you see the smoke tht time they tell me that the place is clear so what can I do for this.
I have red eyes for 3days what I have to do to decrease that and I had a small mark in the left of my eye from couple of days and I am getting the Head heak I think for that above mentioned reason I getting the Head heak how can I control this.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am 19 years old boy. I have eye problem, I couldn't see properly in the day time, when I see in the sunlight tears comes out. So what precautions should I take?
I am short sight problem in my eye. I am wearing spectacles at the age of 10. Currently my power was - 2.5 in each eye. Is it possible to reduce my short sight ranga in future.
I got eye tested recently. It was R sphere - .25 cylinder .5 axis 140 L sphere - .25 cylinder .5 axis 180 1.5 years before it was R + .25 70 axis L + .50 85 axis Do think they made mistake while testing. Why is it negative. Does the difference make sense.
I am 20 years old college student. I have a probal that when I study ay night trn water comes from my eyes. Please suggest me some tips.
1. Use good posture when sitting with your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
2. Give your eyes a break from looking at a computer screen every 20 minutes.
3. Properly adjust lighting in your home and the brightness of you monitors.
4. Blink. Don’t worry, there are not scary statues of angels trying to get you!
5. Eat healthy fruits and veggies to improve vision health.
6. Take care of your glasses and contacts.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.