Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan RathodeYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years female and I have a clump in my right breast and I have this from 20 yrs. Is this a cancer clump or just fibroid.
I am 24 years old. I started chewing tobacco in my school days. But last few months I am not using any tobacco product. Today I found that there were white spots in my gums in corner side. And as I know It can be a symptoms of oral cancer so I would like to know that should I take a checkup for oral cancer. And if yes than what will be the charges.
My father in law has diagnosed 4th stage lung cancer 4 months back. He is of 72 Does chemo help. He has hone through his 1st chemo. But no signs of hairloss or anything showed. Y What shud b d duration between cycles of chemo Is der any prblm if d 2nd cycle b delayed.
My father age is 59 was suffering from tongue cancer stage 2 And he is taking ayurvedic medicine what food he want to take please tell best food and best Fruit please tell good solution to cure.
Hi, now a days major problem is cancer. What r the ways to prevent it. Pls give some suggestions for not getting that. Food that we can keep in the diet which help in preventing the cancer. Thanks.
My mother is suffering from esophagus cancer locally advanced. Three cycles of chemotherapy given. As cancer is not spread I want to know can radiation help her and if yes then how quickly we should give them?
Hi, I got a small tumour on my tongue from past 4 Years. Once I had undergone operation to get rid of this but again after few months its starts growing. I have gone through some sites and I have seen some pictures which are close to my type and they are symptoms of oral cancer. Please suggest doctors.
I am 25 years old man. I am having lymph node on my right side collar bone. My doctor told its a extra pulmonary tuberculosis after NAFC diagnosis. I have already completed two month medication. As per him it will take one year more for medication and after that again based on report only he can tell whether this problem have solved or not. What is other way to face it or get rid of this? Second is this is infectious. I mean can spread to people around me. And can I still make physical relation with my spouse?
My Grand mother died because of breast cancer. I was obese since 15 years and was PCOd. Due to joint pain, sciatica and spine pain, I was not able to exercise. I have recently reduced 31 kgs. But I still feel the pain in my breast. On ultrasound nothing came out. Do I suspect something wrong. After reduction of 31 kgs my periods are normal.
I am 32 year old suffering from prostatitis. semen culture and urine culture are negative. All reports are negative Doctor give me trimethoprim 100 mg twice a day for 1 months is this a standard treatment. please really me.
Hello sir/Madam, Am dastageer I just want to no there is any hospital which provide blood cancer treatment for free of cost. In karnataka.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
OK I am 39 years old and I have been smoking cigarettes since I was 14 and I am so worried that I have lung cancer or heart disease because my left side of my upper chest aches its a dull pain that comes and goes throughout the day what could it be and what can be done to stop it.
Enlarged prostate surgery is a very common type of surgery that many have to undergo nowadays. An enlarged prostate causes many health problems including urinary tract obstructions and urinary tract infections. It may also lead to the passing of blood via urine. Thus, enlarged prostate must be treated as soon as possible as neglect may lead to prostate cancer and its associated health issues. There are various types of prostate surgeries that a doctor performs on his/her patients. However, of late, radical prostatectomy is the most popular of them all.
What is Radical Prostatectomy?
This process can be handled in two ways. Firstly, the prostate can be reached through an incision in the abdomen. This would help the doctor work with precision and carefully avoid all the other nerves and muscles in the area the operation take places. The prostate is examined and any nodule or lymph formed over it is carefully removed. The advantage of this surgery is that the patient is less likely to suffer from any erectile problems post- surgery. The second option would be to make an incision between the scrotum and the anus. This process is best for those who are obese. The surgery is performed quickly and there is less loss of blood. Furthermore, the healing time is less too.
How To Recover From The Surgery?
Like most other prostate operations, even in radical prostatectomy, you would have to wear a catheter till you recover completely. For a few days post the surgery your urine would be collected through a urine bag attached to the catheter. One might feel a little sore in his/her genitals after the surgery, but that is quite normal to occur. The soreness is caused due to the surgery and the incisions made and would heal in a matter of a few days. Interestingly, since the urethra plays an important role in this surgery, the catheter has to be in place for at least two to three weeks but the patient can be discharged after a two to three night stay at the hospital. It is advised that the patient takes ample rest. But this does not mean all rest and no work. In fact, it is seen that patients can walk a little and even go back to a normal diet within a week to ten days of the operation. But regular checkups, till the urethra is healed, are compulsory.
Hence, these are some of the recovery procedures after an enlarged prostate surgery. Such surgeries are quite common and heal quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.