Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ninesh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. NineshYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing fatigue and strain in eyes due to continuous use of computer. Eyesight is ok otherwise. Please advice how to relax eyes and how to get rid of dryness and irritation in eyes.
I am 22 year old girl . I am suffering for keratoconus from last 3 year . But know in may I was just done with C3R procedure . Now no complication is there. But due to this disease my eye goes to 6/18 and also it created lot of problem life problem in seeing the object in light .not correct vision even after wearing glass etc. I have done my C3R in less than 400 size of my cornea . Is it possible to correct my vision as my present vision is -6 in both the eyes and only cylinder . Please help me get my vision back so that I can also live a normal life.
Hello doctor good evening I have a some problem in my eyelid is continuously beat at left side only what I do?
I am 22 years old and I have squint in my eyes my left eye number is very high power above 6 and right eye is 3 and I had to work on computer in my job but I face a lot if headaches due to my poor vision is there any way to bring my number down , Or is there any way to stop headaches , I even get exhausted fast after sitting on long time on PC My main problems are headaches, irritation In the eyes, I have recently checked my eyes and brought myself new spectacles but still I am facing problems.
Why I am so coward, I get scared easily, I i get fear easily, I avoid confrontation, in school days people used to beat me and I used to say nothing to them ,why I do not have confidence to beat them, is this due to poor self esteem or lack of confidence I have a squint in my eyes and even if a small child tease me or say something me I get hurt easily, why I am so morally weak, why I am born such morally weak.Please tell.
Good nigh! I am ramin and I am 21 years old. Question: the darkness around my eyes has increased can you please tell me what is the causes of it and how to treat this. Thanks and regards! Ramin.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I have a genuine problem of colour blindness since last few days I m unable to rectify the difference between colours. So can you please help me. I hope that you will resolve my problem.
Conjunctivitis, also known as pinkeye, is a very common eye disease. Though it is not harmful, anyone suffering from this infection must consult a doctor and receive treatment so that it can be cured in 7 to ten days.
Conjunctivitis can be treated through a range of medical treatments. Usually, one goes to an optometrist but have you tried consulting a homeopathic for a change?
Advantages of Homeopathy
Natural medicine: Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine and is considered to be an alternative form of medicine. It would not aggravate the problem, but it would find a quick solution to relieve you from it. Allopathic medicines contain certain chemicals and drugs which might not be suitable for many individuals.
Can fight all the symptoms of conjunctivitis: This disease has some common symptoms. Some of them are redness, swelling of the eye, yellow discharges, water flow from the eyes, and others. These symptoms can be well managed by homeopathic medicines as well. These medicines work to heal the root cause of the disease and cure it.
You recover quickly: Usually it takes around a week to t10 days for conjunctivitis to completely heal. For this period, it is advised that the affected person stays indoors to avoid contamination and spread of the disease. Adhering to homeopathy can actually reduce the time span of this disease, thereby completely healing you in no time and so that you can go about your daily routine.
No side effects: Most medicines are made of drugs and chemicals and have various side effects. But with homeopathy being a naturally sourced medicinal option, the chances of having side effects are less. However, it is advisable to know beforehand if homeopathy suits you or not. If it does, then there are lesser chances of side effects.
The above factors have made it clear that conjunctivitis can be easily treated with homeopathic medicines. In case homeopathy suits you, then it might be a good idea for you to follow this course of medicine to treat this disease.
Homeopathic Medicines For Conjunctivitis
Here are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for allergic conjunctivitis-
The dosage and the exact medicine varies from patient to patient and depends on the severity of the problem. This does not in any way mean that only these 5 homeopathic medicines that can be used in conjunctivitis. There are dozens of other medicines that are required at times depending on individual symptoms of the patient. It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any such medication. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!