Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
HOW CAN SURGERY BE SCAR LESS?
It is not possible to magically perform operations without access to the abdomen. Scar less or SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) is an advanced technique in laparoscopy where the procedure is performed through the umbilicus instead of the traditional 4 or more laparoscopic incisions. As the incision is through the umbilicus the scar is virtually invisible. Single-incision laparoscopic surgical procedures require an experienced surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced in laparoscopic surgery.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SCAR LESS LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY (SILS)?
In addition to improved cosmetic outcomes. Single incision laparoscopic surgery leaves the patient with the potential for less post-operative pain, quicker recovery time and reduced risk of wound site infections.
DOES IT NEED SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT?
SILS surgery needs specialised ports and instruments so that we can achieve triangulation at the surgical site. The imaging system should be high resolution with a HD or 3D camera. The most important factor is a surgeon with the large experience in these procedures both by open as well as laparoscopic route so that it can be done safely.
CAN ALL SURGERIES BE PERFORMED LAPAROSCOPICALLY?
Though a wide range of surgeries have been attempted by SILS as of now it is performed on a regular basis for few standard laparoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy and obesity surgery. Especially for surgeries like cholecystectomy with risk of bile duct injury it should performed by a surgical gastroenterologist with in-depth knowledge of the gallbladder and bile duct anatomy and physiology.
IS IT A SAFE OPERATION?
Patient selection is very important Not every patient who wants scarless surgery can be offered surgery. Generally patient uncomplicated appendicitis / cholecystitis can undergo scarless surgery. However if local factors are not conducive safe completion of the procedure is more important than cosmesis. Patients should be prepared for conversion to reduced port or multiport laparoscopic surgery if situation warrants.
IS IT AN EXPENSIVE OPERATION?
If the patient built and local factors make it feasible to perform scarless laaproscpic surgery the cost is only marginally higher than standard laproscopic surgery because of the few additional specialized equipment used. It is definitely not much expensive compared to standard surgery.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AFTER SURGERY?
The surgery can be performed in about one hour with a typical hospital stay of less than 24 hours.
You will have mild pain and soreness at umbilicus with a 1.5 to 2 cm incision hidden in the umbilicus grove. Patients will probably be able to get back to normal activities within 3-4 days time, including driving, walking up stairs, light lifting and work.
In two weeks time the scar is contracts and disappear into the umbilical fold & becomes virtually invisible. You have undergone a magically scarless operation on your tummy!!
Hi, I am 26 years old & i am having period related problem my periods are not regular from the starting 3-4 year before I took the medicine till 6 month deviry tablet I took then my period cycle got 40 days BT from Jan' 15 again i am facing problem in the periods I got periods after one & half month 2 month like this I took again deviry problem BUT again my prob is same please suggest something for my this problem.
Hello am 25 years old and my husband is 30 years old. My blood group is A-ve and my husband's is A+ve. Does that affect in any way as we are planning to have a baby. If there then what is the solution for that.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.