Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nimish TutwalaYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with prostitute. While having sex I saw her organ in which we usually have a sex or intercourse. In simple terms vagina. But her vagina was red alot and o think little bit infected I mean abnormal. As I have seen many vaginas but they are normal. So I am little bit nervous nd also worried will I get affected bu HIV positive. Are there any possibilities for the same? But I had used the condom. Please help me.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
- Sexual problems
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Kapikachhu, Shilajit, Gokshura, Musli, Amalaki, Punarnava, Chandraprabha vati, etc. are very beneficial.
I in 21st week of pregnancy and done my triple marker test which is positive. I want to how risky is this and is there any way out?
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.