Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nimish ShahYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, I have a bad habit that I take tobacco and thats why my teeth became dirty. But I can not clean my teeth by tooth brush So give me some suggestion that I can take care of my teeth.
My father had operated in 2013 for mouth cancer and now it appears again so what to do I have some reports that I can send you please advice me what to do.
सर,मेरे दांतों में एनेमल जम गए है। मैंने स्केलिंग भी करवाया था कुछ दिन तक ठीक रहा पर फिर से यही समस्या है। मसूड़े दांत छोड़ रहे हैं और दांतो के बीच गैपिंग बढ़ रहा है। भोजन के एक-दो घंटे बाद हल्का स्मेल आने लगता है। सबसे ज्यादा चिंता गैपिंग बढ़ने को लेकर है। विक्को का पेस्ट और मंजन यूज़ कर रहा हु सुबह शाम। सर कोई सोल्युशन बतायें। धन्यवाद!
My teeth have suddenly become very sensitive. What might be the reason? Very difficult to eat hot or cold items. Mostly the molar teeth region.
When I eat sweets and drink cool water I will get teeth pain and bleeding. Why? please give me remedy for that.
I'm suffering from tooth problem. Always my mouth used to smell and while brushing bleeding taking place in my gums.
Hi i Am eating to much of polo and pass pass am too addicted I don't known why? what will happen. If I eat this too much.
I have mouth ulcers for almost 2 weeks tried many home remedies and medicine too but no use now what should I do? I frequently sure with headache for no cause what should I do? I had gastric problem and how should I reduce it? I had lot of hair fall need some suggestions to reduce it? I have back pain problem at an age of 18 how can I manage my rest of life?
Can mouthwash be replaced with smearing toothpaste over our teeth and then rinsing? since our teeth just needs fluoride and mouthwash is most probably a product created by marketing.
I have got a a lump on the side of my tongue its black in colour but doesn't pain its been there for a long time now. What can it be?
I have a ache in my wisdom tooth area, due to inflammation in my gums near wisdom tooth. My Dr. is suggesting to use, novomix650MG/METROGYL 400MG/DICLOFENAC SODIUM/PAN, these 4 tablets for 5 days, will this affect my health. One more Dr. is asking me to use moxikind cv 350/zerodol, Which you prefer. Shanu,
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.