Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Nimish PatelYour feedback matters!
I have severe headache running nose & I sneeze quiet a lot times. What is the reason behind my symptoms. Thanking you.
Hlo doctor. Am rachna of 18 yrs. I was a gud student n hrdworker of my class. But these days I am unable to concentrate and focus. And totally scattered. I feel lazy n sleepy all d time. And am sleeping more. Actually I read an article about" smart drugs" are they really work. I have my vry imp exam this week medical entrance for wich I can do anything. I dnt understand wats happening wid me. Is there any quick solution or there exits any pills so as to keep concentration and stay focused long time. And to stay awakefull. Can I use concentration capsules jusz for a week. Are thre any side effects. Am using short trm na. I willnt be addicted for sure. If there r such capsules/pills. please suggest me. And its dosage. N also its guds n bads please Thnk a ton in advance.
How to cure psoriasis? N wt are the food tat shd be consumed by a psoriasis patient? N how can he reduce itching sensation? Pls suggest the best treatment.
Please help me to avoid masturbation as effective a method. Im finding it difficult to leave that habit.
Sir I am a 23 year old male while giving answer of the quiz posted by you I think I am suffering from premature ejaculation it ejaculates with in a couple of seconds and by this I am having relationship problems with my partner as I am not able to satisfying her needs with due respect if you tell me something or suggestions to take some remedies I would be very overwhelmed please help.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from cold, swollen lymph nodes, salivary gland infection, dandruff, mainly cervical lymphadenopathy. I found it is mono nucleosis. Can you please give solution. I am suffering from six months.
Patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from nerve damage. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. An increase in the blood-sugar level can damage nerve fibres, especially in the legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication for people suffering from diabetes.
Types of neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy: This is the most frequently occurring form of diabetic neuropathy. It can affect the legs, feet, hands and arms of a person. Some of the common symptoms include numbness in the leg or arm, cramps, reduced reflexes and muscle weakness. This is accompanied by other problems such as joint pain, ulcers, and deformities.
- Autonomic neuropathy: This part of the nervous system controls the intestines, heart, stomach, lungs, eyes and sex organs. Diabetes can wreak havoc in these vital organs. Some of the common symptoms include bladder problems, vomiting, nausea, erectile malfunction, fluctuation in body temperature, decreased or increased sweating, and irregular heart rate.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy: This form of neuropathy affects the nerves in areas such as the thighs, legs, buttocks, etc. This condition is mostly witnessed in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. The symptoms are often observed on one side of the body, which includes abdominal swelling, pain in the thigh, hip and buttock, weight loss, difficulty in getting up from a particular position.
- Mononeuropathy: This form of neuropathy attacks a particular nerve and is mostly found in older adults. It doesn’t have any long-term implications. Some of the symptoms include paralysis of the face, pain in the chest, difficulty in focusing the eye, and pain in the foot.
Risk factors of diabetic neuropathy
- Being overweight: An increase in body weight increases the chances of diabetic neuropathy. A body mass index (BMI) of greater than 24 is considered to be alarming for a patient suffering with diabetes.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the arteries, thereby reducing the flow of blood to the feet and the legs. This increases the chance of diabetic neuropathy.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes can cause great damage to the kidneys, which increases the level of toxins in the body. This situation can aggravate to diabetic neuropathy.
- Poor control of blood-sugar levels: A poor control of blood-sugar levels is the biggest risk factor of diabetic neuropathy. Keeping the blood-sugar level under control helps the nerves to maintain a healthy condition.
Common complications of diabetic neuropathy
- Digestive problems: Nerve damage can lead to diseases such as diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite. It can also result in a disease called gastroparesis; this is a disease which doesn’t let the stomach empty at its usual rate.
- Limb loss: Gradual nerve damage can affect the limbs of the body. Diabetic neuropathy slowly damages the soft tissues and the skin, which eventually results in the loss of a limb. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..