Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilima MasurkarYour feedback matters!
46f suffering from prolonged and heavy flow periods. Other than heavy there is no other complaint. Periods are regular Dark patches (brown) on nose ,below the back neck,
Premenstrual syndrome is a common condition that affects women who are menstruating. A multitude of psychological and physical symptoms might show up before the onset of a menstrual period. What causes PMS is unknown, but fluctuating hormonal levels (progesterone and oestrogen) seem to be linked to it.
PMS has many symptoms. These vary in severity and frequency and aren’t the same in every woman. These are the common symptoms of PMS:
1. Tenderness of breasts
3. Increase in weight
5. Impaired concentration
6. Backaches or headaches
10. Depression or mood swings
11. Overeating or food cravings
A doctor might recommend a few tests to understand and rule out related symptoms:
- Diary: Keeping track of the PMS symptoms in a diary for a few months to check the duration will help you understand the condition better. You might be able to see recurring patterns in your behaviour and moods after keeping track of them for few consecutive months.
- Thyroid test: Thyroid disease is fairly common in women and a lot of its symptoms match those of PMS. To rule out any thyroid problem, a test can be done to check the efficiency of the thyroid.
Relief can be found by treating the symptoms as there is no prevention of the condition. A nutritious diet, sufficient rest and exercise can help deal with the symptoms better.
- Nutrition: Proper nourishment leads to overall mental and physical well-being. Dietary changes like consuming less caffeine, sugar and salt might reduce the PMS symptoms. Supplements prescribed by your doctor such as vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 help as well.
- Medications: Painkillers such as naproxen, ibuprofen and aspirin may provide relief from cramps, backache, breast tenderness and headache. If the PMS causes severe depression, your doctor may prescribe certain antidepressants.
- Being Informed: Tracking your periods by maintaining a monthly diary can help you understand and in turn prevent the severity of the PMS symptoms. Learning about coping mechanisms can help you as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi I am working woman, I got married 1 year back, and we do not want baby for 2 yrs, but unfortunately I got pregnant and it was 6 weeks running, but as we do not want baby I took tablet name (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) once in my life, that too half tablet I took, I was afraid of taken that, so both tablets I took half-half (not full). And it works successfully. And also sometimes I used to take papaya after sexual intercourse. As we do not use any protection. And papaya always works fine. As it is a great fruit which wash out everything. I always natural remedies we have sexual intercourse anytime that too before my menstrual itself. So my question is do all these effects in future if we plan for a baby?
I am 25 years old female suffering from PCOS. I feel lazy and heavy all the time, even sometimes I crave for sweets. Kindly tell me to control my cravings and also tell me how soon I can get pregnant.
I got married last november. I and my husband are trying for a baby. We tried for 4 months but failed each time. He is a seafarer n is now working on ship. He wil be back in this november and I want to conceive. What should I do?
Hello. Dr.i m nitu. My age 26 year old. Mame merit mc date 13 Oct .ko hui thi. Cycl 28 ka h.lekin abab 11 nov gya. Lenin mere mc ni aai. Maine sex time condom use kiya. Kya m pregnant hu?
If you search for sugarcane juice benefits, you'll find that it has been attributed as a natural remedy to a score of problems. It's rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It's rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it's great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body's protein levels. Besides these, there are a few more great health benefits of sugarcane juice that you must learn about:
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An Energy Drink - Sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that 'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (Source: ayurhelp.com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.
Hello mam/sir she had periods on 14 november of this month and we had unprotected sex on 17 november after 10 to 15 mint I give her unwanted 72 to and after 22 november she is bleeding and now before todays ago she had STOMACHACHE what should she do. Is there any chances to get pregnant.
Red colour of urine after sex. I did inter course with partner today and after 2-3 hrs of sex my urine colours turns into reddish. Is it a sign of virginity loss or something else .Please respond me as soon as possible.
I am 19 yrs old female. Sir I feel weakness in my body. My face becomes dull and shrinking and also my body built is getting weak day aftr day frm the last 6-7 months. Please suggest me what type of meal and nutrients I should eat? Or either I should start taking Any supplements?
Mere period 10 din miss ho gaye hai air main Ghar per pregnancy test ki Jo negative aka rahi hai main kya karu ?
It seems I missed my periods. Last month I have on 13 Nov. But diss month I think I missed that. Is It mean I am pregnant?
Are you struggling with a stubborn midsection? Losing that belly fat is about more than just aesthetics; having excess weight around the midsection can increase your likelihood for a variety of illnesses, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and certain cancers. This article will teach you how to lose belly fat and improve your overall health in the long run.
1. Eating Right
Reduce your caloric intake. While it's impossible to lose weight from only one part of the body, people who lose overall body weight tend to lose belly fat first.
• Cut down on sugar and starch. These types of foods tend to be stored as fat if the calories are not burned off immediately, and provide little in the way of nutrition. Instead, eat a diet that is primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins like fish, chicken, turkey, and tofu.
• Keep a diet journal to help you keep track of the food you eat. Studies have shown that people who keep diet and exercise journals tend to lose more weight than people who don't.
• Avoid snacking in between meals or late at night. If you are hungry in between meals, munch on healthy things like carrots, celery, nuts, or fruit.
• Reduce your portion sizes. Remember that all foods can be enjoyed in moderation, as long as you don't overdo it.
• Water keeps you full in between meals, and helps avoid mistaking thirst for hunger. You should drink atleast 8 glasses of water everyday.
• Drink one full glass of water before every meal. This will fill up your stomach so that you feel fuller faster.
• Skip the sugary sodas and fruit juices and opt for water instead. This will save you hundreds of unneeded calories.
You should get half and hour of moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise atleast four times a week. Ideal exercises include jogging, walking, and uphill cycling.Whatever exercise you chose be sure you are getting your heart rate up.
• Choose an exercise that you genuinely enjoy. If you are having fun, you will be more likely to stick with it.
• If you don’t have time to go to the gym or get formal exercise, then find ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily life. Do chores around the house, walk to your destination rather than driving, or go out dancing with friends. Remember, that exercise doesn’t always have to feel like work.
Get Enough Sleep:
People who are sleep deprived tend to feel sluggish, causing them to overeat to compensate for the lack of energy. Getting atleast 6-7 hours of sleep a night is crucial to maintaining your overall health, and can help you manage your weight in the long run.
While a certain amount of stress is unavoidable, too much stress can increase the level of cortisol in the body, which is responsible for excess fat storage.
• Regular exercise can manage stress. If you suffer from chronic stress, consider taking up yoga,meditation, or any other mind-body activities that focus on breathing, good posture and relaxation.
• Eliminate stress inducing people and/or things from your life, if possible. If your job is the cause of your chronic stress, consider changing careers or cutting down on your hours.
• Manage your time. Constantly running late and feeling pressed for time can be a major cause of stress. Better manage your time by making a list of things you need to accomplish in a given day, and check each one off as you go. Use a daily planner to to help organize your schedule and keep track of obligations.
Don’t try to spot reduce;
Crunches and other ab-busting work outs are great if you are trying to build muscle, but if you have excess belly fat, these type of exercises will build muscle underneath the fat without without targeting the fat itself. Instead of trying up your stomach only, focus on total body toning exercises that build overall muscle mass. The more you have, the more calories you will burn even when you are resting
• Stay focused and think about the clothes that you want to be able to wear.
• Track your progress by taking measurements, taking "before and after" pictures, and weighing yourself at least once a week.
• Time how long you run/ do exercise daily.
• Find an exercise or diet buddy to help keep you motivated.
• Cook meals at home when possible, and use olive oil or cooking spray rather than butter. When eating out, opt for protein-rich foods over starchy foods like pasta. Ask for dressings and sauces on the side to cut down on extra calories.
• Consider hiring a nutritionist or personal trainer to help point you in the right direction and keep you motivated.
Set yourself a goal and when you reach it, award yourself.
Dr Vivek Moitra,
Instant Healing Physiotherapy Clinic,
Near Sambhram Engineering College,
Vidyaranyapura, Bengaluru- 560097
Contact: 9886555614/ 9945352211