Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nilima InamdarYour feedback matters!
Sir I doing only one time sex with my girlfriend and I cannot use the condom so how to skip a pregnancy please tell me.
Before 8 month ago I had ectopic pregnancy in that case my one fallopian tube removed but now I want to conceive so please tell me what should I do.
I am 27 year old female and pregnent in 7th month. Yesterday morning after burshing the teeth, I saw few blood in the cough. Few nosal blood also. What should I do now?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I'm 22, I have my periods only for a day or max only for 2days. But It comes on the regular dates every month wit a lot of pain. Please help!
I am 24 years old last 8 years I have suffered for period pain. I have applied various types of remedies. But the pain is not remove. What can I do for this?
Kya Kisi bhi din se oral contraceptives pill stat kar sakta h? Kisi bhi din start Karne se koi problem to nhi hoga?
Hello Dr, i am 23 yrs old female I am 4 months pregnant, and I want to do abortion because my husband expired, so I cant manage with this baby And I intake 3 misoprostol-200 tablet, but still their is no reaction, please help me for safe abortion.
I had unprotected sex on 19 october & my period is of 31 days .I have my period on 1 nov but this time there were bleeding on first day & then brown spotting & clots & cramping in abdomen .this lasts for 4 days. But my period lasts 6 to 7 days each time. I took hpt on 11 nov & 13 nov both are negative. I have my next period on 28 nov which is 3 days earlier. I have the symptom of tire ness little. Can I be pregnant?
Im in relationships with stone, we have just engaged and early going to marrying, problem is both side, we have tried to intercourse many time but im unable to do properly, im unable to put my organ into her, every time the same problem, she aged 23 but having faced so much pain at the time, why, I have used many positions but nothing works, even when she become exited she tried it herself but can't. Im so afraid to do forcedly. Please suggest. I know that first its so painful but we have to do it, its all about our future, please suggest.
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.