Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nilima InamdarYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 38 yrs old and a mother of two boys ages 15 and 11 my problem is that I always had a normal period of 5 days with proper bleeding but for the past few months I only have a brown reddish discharge for the first three days and then heavy blood flow with cramps for the last 2 days is it something serious please help.
I am 28 having bilateral polycystic ovaries trying for baby since 3 years please help me how to conceive.
I am 18 and i had intercourse like twice monthly since last 4-5 months and i had once skipped periods for a mthn and now again i missed my date this month.I had done pregnancy test and its negative.Could u please tell what should i do now?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I have pcod. Before doing IUI doctor suggested HSG which show bilateral hydrosalpnix tubal blockage. So I consult many doctors some are saying do laproscopy and other one are saying go directly to IVF. I am bit confuse what to do which is to be done. Is there any side effects of laproscopy ? how many month should we TTC after laproscopy? IF open tube through IUI or IVF?
I have infertility issue from past 5 years. All the report s are next to normal according to doctor there is no such physical issue. Last doc to go for IUI but PCT was negative at that time and then IUI was not done. As we gone through IUI twice and IVF also was failure. Am completely stressful, what to do where to go. As one of my doc said there is hydro sulpinix so that embryo will not get attached to uterus and not growing so the IVF also failure. She suggest me to go for laparoscopy. 2 times the procedure withheld and the reason according to lapro surgeon was like not required in your case. Last month 3rd dy of my period I was suffering from severe pelvic pain and swollen lower abdomen. Again doc suggest me to go fr lapro and this month also the same pelvis pain with swollen abdomen. I cried like anything. Please help me out and please suggest me when lapro n IVF to be done. Which dy of my period. HSG, AMH is 6.0,PRL 12.43,TSH 3.80 ,progesterone1. 82 may vary monthly ,thyroid, USG report are also normal. Husband's report is also normal. Thank you.
Age- 29 sex- f height-5" 2 weight- 78 status- married children- one (2yrold) I want to lose my weight seriously to become fit and beautiful. Though I am very active in my daily routine but I don't look like odd to others. I can't walk alone as I have to be with my child all d time. Please suggest me the idea by doing that I will be thin within 6 months. I have uric acid 8. I have turned myself into vegetarian. I drink 3 ltr water. I m using olive oil n spinach in my food. Can I eat mango ripe. Please suggest the diet to loose at least 15 kg weight from my body.
I am 20 years old, I had unprotected sex 12 days ago, I missed my period now, it was supposed to come 2 days ago, I cannot take the pregnancy test this early as there are chances it may show negative result, can I directly take unwanted mankind abortion pills? Will it cause any side effect as I do not even know whether I am pregnant or not.
Ayurveda addresses the physical, mental and emotional well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, emotional instability is caused by miscommunication between the head and the heart. Here are ten ayurvedic tips to uplift your emotions and calm your inner self.
- Go to bed on time: A good night's sleep is essential not only for your physical health, but also for your mental health. Try going to bed by 9 pm on a regular basis. This will give you a restful night's sleep and allow you to awake feeling refreshed.
- Wake up with the sun: An early start to the day keeps you from feeling dull and tired and boosts your energy levels. This also prevents build-up of toxins in your body and helps keep circulation and internal communication lines clear.
- Go outdoors: Start your day by taking a walk outdoors early morning. This releases positive neurohormones that elevate your mood and activates the body's energy centres.
- Avoid constipation: Clearing the waste created by your body on a daily basis is crucial to having a calm persona and not suffering from low mood swings problem. Drink plenty of water and make it a habit to eliminate your bowels at a particular time of the day to prevent constipation. Eating food rich in fiber or eating a few prunes, figs or cooked apples before going to bed can also help prevent constipation.
- Eat food that is easy to digest: Food that is easy to digest does not cause bloating and other indigestion-related problems. It also prevents the buildup of toxic chemicals and boosts immunity. When your physical health is good, your mood gets elevated as well.
- Try herbs and spices: Spices and herbs help the body absorb nutrients and prevent the buildup of toxins in your body. Try including flavouring agents like turmeric, amla, peppermint oil, coconut oil and cumin in your food to make yourself feel happier.
- Get a massage: A massage relaxes the body and eases stress. It also releases toxins, improves circulation and invigorates the body. Use any oil you like for a massage as each has its own unique properties.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the cornerstones of good physical and mental health. Aim for at least half an hour rigrous exercise or break it into smaller intervals as per your time suitability. Yoga can also be very beneficial when it comes to elevating your mood.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is the yogic way of breathing. This teaches you to breathe slowly and consciously so as to release pent up anger, stress etc and calm the mind.
- Meditate: Regular meditation at the beginning or end of each day can also help calm the body and mind.
My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend on 28th Nov and den she had I pill, but she haven't got her periods and the pregnancy test is showing positive. What need to be done now.
Hello, I'm writing this on behalf of my girlfriend. She underwent laparoscopy in both her ovaries to remove the cyst. And the condition of her left ovary was very critical so a part of the ovary had to be operated. The operation took place in December 3rd. And after that she was under medication. A week ago she underwent an usg and the result showed that there is no sign of pcos but peripheral cysts have been found. What does this mean?
What is safe time for having sex with my wife after nd before her periods if we don't want any child! Eg. She gets her periods on 13!
My mother is 49 years old. She want to take calcium tablets can you prefer some calcium tablets for her which has no side effect for her? please Thank you.
Hi Sir, This is Badri, I am recently married having a doubt. When I am feeling sperm is coming outside that time I am putting my pennies outside. Is there is any chance to get my wife pregnant ? Thanks, Badri.
About 85% of couples get pregnant within one year, but 1 in 7 couples take longer than a year to get pregnant. The good news is that you can improve your fertility in 7 simple steps in less than 4 weeks:
1. Control Your Weight
2. Timing of Intercourse
3. Improve HIS health
4. Test Your Fertility
5. Eat Healthy
6. Reduce Stress
1. Control Your Weight
Being under or overweight decreases your fertility, and maintaining an optimal weight improves your fertility. The best way to find out whether you weigh too much or not is to calculate your body mass index, the BMI.
Losing some pounds is cheaper than expensive fertility treatments , PLUS with a betterw eight you decrease major pregnancy complications and significantly improve your chances having a healthy baby. So why not try it first?
Timing of Intercourse in Relation to Ovulation
First of all do you know your fertile days? Do you ovulate? Do you hav e a regular menstrual cycle?
Your fertile days are the 5-6 days leading up to ovulation and the day of ovulation. Many couples don’t seem to realize that you need to make love regularly to improve your fertility. That means making love regularly throughout the menstrual cycles and more frequently, probably every 24-48 hours during your fertile days.
The egg can only be fertilized for about 24 hours after ovulation but sperm can live in the lower portion of a woman's reproductive tract up to five days. You can potentially increase your chances of conceiving by making love during the 2-3 days prior to ovulation.
Finding out when you ovulate is the key:
Create your own Fertility and Ovulation Calendar
Chart your basal body temperature (BBT)
Chart your fertility signs like symptoms and cervical mucus:
Use Ovulation predictor kits (OPKs)
3. Improve HIS Health and Get Him Tested
It takes two to get pregnant. Over 50% of infertile couples have a male issues. Which means that if he doesn't have enough sperms or his sperms are not healthy enough then your chances getting pregnant significantly decline. Do a sperm count and find out if his sperms are healthy and if he has enough of them. Follow these ten tips to improve his sperm count.
Get him checked for varicocele
Remove all toxins from his diet
Add a vitamin and herbal supplement to his diet
Make him lose weight if he is overweight
Keep the testes cool
4. Test Your Fertility at Home
There are several easy ways to quickly assess major aspects of your fertility at home.
Do a Basal Body Temperature Fertility Chart
Check your LH levels
Measure his sperms
Check your vaginal pH
5. Stay Away From Bad Stuff and Eat A Healthy Diet
Alcohol and smoking decrease fertility, make it less likely to get pregnant and increase pregnancy complications once you get pregnant.
Stop smoking. It is common knowledge that smoking is bad for your health, but studies have also shown that women who smoke are less fertile than those who do not. Also, women whose mothers smoked during their pregnancies are less likely to conceive.
Reduce alcohol intake. Drinking alcohol, even in moderation, can decrease fertility. The results of once study show a greater than 50% reduction in the probability of conception when the participants consumed alcohol.
You are what you eat and many doctors now believe a healthy diet PLUS supplements like folic acid can improve your fertility.
So what should you eat?
More monounsaturated fats (like olive oil) and less trans fats (like the kind found in many baked goods or fast foods).
Increase intake of vegetable protein (like soy), while reducing animal protein (like red meat).
More high fiber, low-glycemic foods — like whole grains, vegetables, and some fruits, while reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars.
Consume moderate amounts of high-fat dairy products — like ice cream, whole milk, and cheese.
No more caffeine. Studies have shown that women who drink excessive amounts of caffeine have delayed conception. In one study, women who drank more than one cup of coffee per day had a 50% reduction in fertility compared to those who did not consume coffee.
Take your vitamins. Especially vitamin E. Women trying to conceive should take a multivitamin or prenatal vitamin in addition to vitamin E. When couples were given vitamin E in one study, their fertility increased significantly.
Try herbal supplements. Herbs like Vitex (Vitamins AND Vitex are in FertilAid), have been used to successfully increase fertility.
The right diet can made a difference because the majority of women experiencing ovulatory dysfunction were also suffering from undiagnosed or sub clinical PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), a condition related to insulin resistance that also affects ovulation.
Check your current prescriptions. Some medications can interfere with fertility. Consult your doctor or pharmacist to see if your current medications could be hindering your chances of conception.
6. Reduce Stress
It’s rarely healthy to live with a lot of stress and the relationship between stress and infertility is less clear. But there are several studies showing that reducing stress may improve fertility.
What can you do to reduce Stress?
Get regular massages
Take long weekends off
Listen to music
Read and write journals
Spend more time with your family and friend
Hold hands with your partner
There are some studies done in women with fertility treatments which show that acupuncture can improve fertility. If after a thorough fertility work-up no specific reason for your infertility has been found, why not try acupuncture? There is little harm to use these methods and it can save you money getting pregnant.
I hav irregular periods so Dr. prescribed me, T SYSRON N tablets. But I forgot how to use them. please tell me.
The word 'surgery' is often dreaded by most patients. Be it an invasive oral surgery or a keyhole gallbladder surgery, it does not evoke a ready 'yes' in most patients. There are too many patients who are ready to be on long-term medications if they could to avoid the surgery and its complications. While there could be swelling, bruising, tingling and many other symptoms, the one feared by most is the postoperative pain. What happens after the effect of the anesthetic wears off can leave many patients in a very anxious and fearful state. The trick is to prepare oneself not just for the surgery but for the after effects.
Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor on the following is very important:
- List of medications: Complete list of medications include supplements so that the medications used during and after surgery to avoid any potential drug interactions
- Type and severity of the pain: This will help you anticipate and be prepared for the pain after the surgery.
- Pain tolerance/threshold: Letting your doctor know your tolerance levels can help them prescribe an appropriate pain killer
After the surgery, the following are some ways to cope with the pain:
- Pain killers - Don't wait for the anesthesia effect to completely wear out. Take the painkiller much before the pain starts so that the onset of pain is delayed or nullified. For severe cases, opioids may be used to manage immediate postoperative pain. However, in most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen are used. They may also be used up to a few days after surgery to ease the pain and inflammation, depending on the type of surgery.
- Topical creams/lotions - In cases involving skin incisions, these help reduce the pain in the skin along the incision.
- Compression stockings - In addition to reducing blood clot, they also reduce pain in the legs.
- Physiotherapy - If there is a joint involved, doing physiotherapy after surgery is extremely beneficial. In addition to reducing pain, they also help improve mobility.
- Sleep - Sufficient sleep (more than you normally would) promotes healing and helps your ability to cope with the pain.
- Heating pads and ice packs - If these are your regular remedies for pain, feel free to use them even in postsurgical pains.
- Reduce Stress - This will help you cope better with the pain and heal faster.
A given patient and a given surgery are a unique combination. No two patients will react the same way to a particular surgery. Postsurgical pain can be managed very effectively with a little planning.