Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Metrorrhagia is a medical condition in which uterine bleeding occurs regularly or irregularly outside the normal menstrual cycle. Generally Metrorrhagia occurs due to hormone disorders or any other such irregularities. It could also be an indicator of some serious health issues such as endometriosis, cancer of reproductive organs or uterine fibroids. Read on more to find all about them.
Metrorrhagia can occur due to a number of reproductive disorders as well as certain diseases. Syphilis, infection, malignancy, pregnancy and many more are listed as the reasons behind Metrorrhagia. Metrorrhagia can be a serious issue as it can be painful, irritating and a major inconvenience.
Metrorrhagia is a medical condition which might be due to certain disorders or medical conditions the patient might be suffering from. They are mentioned as follows:
- Hormone related: Irregular uterine bleeding can occur due to hypothyroidism, adrenal deficiency and low progesterone. Metrorrhagia in such situations can be resolved if suitable treatment is administered in the right time and for that, correct diagnosis is absolutely important.
- Reproductive related: Endometrial hyperplasia and endometriosis and such other reproductive disorders or diseases could be a cause for Metrorrhagia. In such cases, early diagnosis is absolutely recommended for a speedy and complete recovery.
- Benign Tumors: Certain benign tumors like ovarian cysts and fibroids can also cause irregular uterine bleeding. Though benign, a physician should be consulted immediately for a speedy recovery as Metrorrhagia in itself can prove to be critical.
- Malignant Tumors: Ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer can also be a reason for the cause of Metrorrhagia. In such a condition early diagnosis and treatment is highly essential for a full recovery.
If the patient is suffering from Metrorrhagia, then they are advised to consult a physician as Metrorrhagia could be a sign of something more serious. Depending on the diagnosis the doctor can prescribe medications or if necessary, certain surgical procedures. Some of the medications and surgeries which can be prescribed by your physician include oral contraceptive pills, progesterone pills or injections, endometrial ablation and hysterectomy among others.
Hello. I'm 20 years old. I have the problem of irregular periods. But when I get my periods, the flow used to be normal. But from last 2-3 times the flow is very less. I'm very worried of it. My tummy has become huge. I got my periods today and can you please tell me what to do for this. It looks very ugly to carry such a huge tummy. Please suggest me some food to increase the flow. Thanks.
Does home pregnancy tests are accurate at 9 weeks of intercourse. Does the kit get overloaded. I had used preganews. It shows negative.
Sir jab first time mane mere wife ke saath sex kiya tha tab bleeding nahi aya. Bleeding ana jarori ha ya nahi sir .or bleeding nahi aya to koi problem to nahi ha na sir..
Health benefits of consuming dates:
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin b1, b2, b3 and b5 along with vitamin a1 and c.
3. It helps improve the digestive system
As it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7. Dates also help in lowering of the ldl cholesterol.
8. Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
9. It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
10. It helps increase one's sexual stamina.
11. Soak one handful of dates in goat's milk overnight. In the morning grind the dates in the milk and add honey and cardamom powder and drink it.
12. Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
13. Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.
14. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
I have felt one of my breast has swollen & without pain is it a symbol of cancer. My weight is not getting increase.
gynecologist suggested the pre scanning pregnancy test approx 2 months for my wife .can you please tell which kind of scanning it will be .will it be a laser scan or something else. And also will the actual delivery dates can be provided after this scanning? Please guide.
Hello Doctor, I am 25 years old and unmarried can I take primolut 5 mg to delay my period this month. Only 2 days are left for my periods and I want to delay my periods for 2 to 3 days only if safe then how to take this medicine?
While many fitness experts suggest using protein powder for improving your body composition, the type of protein powder can make a big difference in your results. Egg protein powder and whey protein powder are popular supplements, but they have significant differences that can influence your rate of fat loss or muscle gain. Although both products can be beneficial, you should consult a doctor
If you are using protein powder as a supplement to fuel weight loss, satiety is an important factor to consider. While fiber and fat promote satiety, protein powders typically contain little or none of either. However, research reported in the October 2010 issue of the British journal of nutrition found that whey protein provided significantly more satiety than egg and other types of protein.
If you are lactose intolerant, you should choose egg protein rather than whey protein. Whey protein is made from milk, which contains lactose. While certain protein powders claim to be low-lactose or lactose-free, they may also be more expensive. If you experience bloating, cramps, diarrhea or gas from 30 minutes to two hours after consuming dairy products, it may be a sign of lactose intolerance.
Egg protein and whey protein powder are very similar in calorie content: one scoop of egg protein provides 100 calories and one scoop of whey protein contains 120 calories. The difference of 20 calories is just 1 percent of your daily calorie intake.
Whey protein and egg protein powder provide the same amount of protein per serving, 24 grams of protein per scoop. If you need more protein, you can mix your powder with milk rather than water.
Whey protein powder is slightly higher in fat than egg protein powder. This is because whey protein is made from dairy products, which naturally contain fat, and egg protein powder is made from egg whites, which do not contain fat. One scoop of whey protein powder contains 1 gram of fat, with. 5 gram of saturated fat, while one scoop of egg protein is fat-free.
Whey protein powder and egg protein powder contain carbohydrates due to the sweeteners used to flavor them. Both powders are low in carbohydrates, as whey protein powder contains 3 grams of carbohydrates per serving and egg protein powder contains 4 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
My wife is 39 years old and right now she is conceived, and 4 months running, As per her statement she got the last period on 4th of March but as per the USG on 3th June the Doctor say the age of the fetus is 14 weeks few days, My question is that how come the age is increased whereas as per the LMP it suppose to be 12 to 13 weeks app.
Is this possible to conceive baby with only one tube. In first pregnancy baby wrongly placed in one tube, so doctor removed on tube. Now much percentage of pregnancy.
I am suffering from period problem as I HV bleeding continuing for several days. Wht may b the reason nd wht should I do?
Morning walks don't let you easily fall into the hands of diabetes. It reduces the risk of increasing your body's sugar level to a great extent. A diabetic patient is advised to go for brisk morning walks as this control the blood sugar in their body. It is also said that if the patient keeps up the habit of going for a morning walk regularly from the initial stages, the blood sugar of the individual may come down to normal.
Your blood circulation becomes absolutely perfect if you prefer going for a brisk morning walk. This, in turn, reduces the risk of many diseases which may be the cause of the lack of physical activities.
The loss in one's weight is what every individual urge and desire for. It becomes much more applicative in case of food lovers, also termed as 'Foodies.' It becomes a heavy task for them as it is heartbreaking for them to leave the delicious food in front of them and most of them do not really bother about walks. But, this seems to be a bad idea. It is advisable to take the pain of a morning walk and redeem the gain of healthy life. Morning walks are proved to be great accelerators in reducing your weight.
Reduces risk of heart diseases:
Morning walks are like heart cures. when you make it a habit to move out in the morning for the sake of your health you reduce the risk of heart diseases manifold. It is also because of a larger amount of intake of oxygen which resultantly purifies the blood, decreasing the risk of diseases. Morning walks have also be proven healthy for the heart as it burns down extra and undesirable fats of the body which in turns maintains the cholesterol level in the body. This process reduces the risk of heart diseases to a great extent.
I had sex on sat with my gf then I gave her an I pill and now its monday and she have a problem that white water is continuously coming out of her vagina nd is very paining. She also have got (chilly ) in her vagina. Is this normal or any serious problem?
Plz give a advice ,my mother had underwent surgery of endoscopic discetomy before 20 days ,crp levels are 49 mg , is there any risk ,please say.
Toxic shock syndrome is a severe condition resulting from a bacterial infection. This infection is caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus Aureus, which enter the bloodstream. Once into the bloodstream, the bacteria start producing toxins in the body. This is common among menstruating women who have a habit of using super-absorbent tampons. It can, however, also affect men and children.
In case of toxic shock syndrome, one might experience symptoms of low blood pressure and fever. Dryness of the eyes and the mouth, muscle pain and diarrhea are also common symptoms of this disorder. Your blood pressure may drop suddenly, making you prone to fatigue and nausea.
This type of infection occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a cut or sore on the skin. Women who use tampons during their menstrual cycles are vulnerable as tampons happen to be thriving spots for bacteria if aren’t changed frequently. Fibers present in the tampons may also create friction against the vagina, thus creating an opening for the bacteria to enter the bloodstream.
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors for toxic shock syndrome:
- Presence of an open wound on the skin
- Giving birth to a child
- Using vaginal sponge or diaphragm as contraceptives
This disorder is considered to be a medical emergency. To combat the bacterial infection, antibiotics are administered into the body via intravenous means. The course of the antibiotic treatment lasts for about 7-8 weeks. There are other treatments for this disorder, which mainly depend on the causes. If the cause of the disorder is a tampon or a vaginal sponge, then it will need to be removed from the body. In case of a wound being the cause, the pus from the wound will need to be drained. Blood pressure medications are also possible treatment modes for toxic shock syndrome.
You can also follow these preventive measures:
1. Replace your tampon regularly
2. Avoid using super absorbent tampons
3. Use sanitary napkins when the volume of bleeding is low
4. In case of wounds, keep the area clean and dry
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dear Mam, My wife is 26 years old and her period is regularly comes on date but some few month almost one and half month my wife's period is not come suddenly today my wife starting bleeding but her blood is black colour. So pl. Help me it's normal or not. And Mam we tried for child last three month. But not success. Pl. Give me a your valuable reply. Thanks.
Some one please help explain what is causing my boyfriends cum to smell so bad inside of me? Sometimes it takes a week for it to fully leak out of me! Sometimes I feel like it rots in there and then leaks out. It smells so bad! I need advice as to what is causing it and how to get rid of it.
Seeds are the most basic parts of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well. Here is a list of such seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: They are rich sources of vitamin E which are essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immunity system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. It helps the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence they help in making the bones strong and keeping them healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work on.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 Diabetes and are good for heart, liver health and also prevents insomnia.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres, which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.