Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Top rich probiotic foods and its benefits
Probiotics are live microorganisms, that when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.
Through the years, many other definitions have been suggested, but this definition is most broadly accepted in the scientific community.
Scientists are learning more each day about the role of microbes in keeping people healthy and the multitude of health benefits associated with consuming the right type and levels of probiotic microbes.
Research has suggested that probiotic bacteria can:
Improve digestive functionreduce diarrhea associated with antibiotic therapyhelp reduce the risk of certain acute common infectious diseasesimprove tolerance to lactoseenhance immune functionreduce crying time in colicky babiessome studies also report that certain probiotics can play a role in reducing the development of allergy in children, decrease helicobacter pylori colonization of the stomach and manage relapse of some inflammatory bowel conditions.
Here are some top rich probiotic foods and its benefits:-
One of the best probiotic foods is live-cultured yogurt, especially handmade. Look for brands made from goat's milk that have been infused with extra forms of probiotics like lactobacillus or acidophilus. Goat's milk and cheese are particularly high in probiotics like thermophillus, bifudus, bulgaricus and acidophilus. Be sure to read the ingredients list, as not all yogurt is made equally. Many popular brands are filled with high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners and artificial flavors and are way too close to being a nutritional equivalent of sugary, fatty ice cream.
Similar to yogurt, this fermented dairy product is a unique combination of goat's milk and fermented kefir grains. High in lactobacilli and bifidus bacteria, kefir is also rich in antioxidants. Look for a good, organic version at your local health food shop.
Made from fermented cabbage (and sometimes other vegetables), sauerkraut is not only extremely rich in healthy live cultures, but might also help with reducing allergy symptoms. Sauerkraut is also rich in vitamins b, a, e and c.
4. Dark chocolate
Probiotics can be added to high-quality dark chocolate, up to four times the amount of probiotics as many forms of dairy. This is only one of the health benefits of chocolate.
This refers to super-food ocean-based plants such as spirulina, chorella, and blue-green algae. These probiotic foods have been shown to increase the amount of both lactobacillus and bifidobacteria in the digestive tract. They also offer the most amount of energetic return, per ounce, for the human system.
6. Miso soup
Miso is one the main-stays of traditional japanese medicine and is commonly used in macrobiotic cooking as a digestive regulator. Made from fermented rye, beans, rice or barley, adding a tablespoon of miso to some hot water makes an excellent, quick, probiotic-rich soup, full of lactobacilli and bifidus bacteria.
Beyond its important live cultures, miso is extremely nutrient-dense and believed to help neutralize the effects of environmental pollution, alkalinize the body and stop the effects of carcinogens in the system.
Believe it or not, the common green pickle is an excellent food source of probiotics. Try making your own home-made pickles in the sun. Here's a great set of instructions for making your own probiotic-rich dill pickles.
A great substitute for meat or tofu, tempeh is a fermented, probiotic-rich grain made from soy beans. A great source of vitamin b12, this vegetarian food can be sauteed, baked or eaten crumbled on salads. If prepared correctly, tempeh is also very low in salt, which makes it an ideal choice for those on a low-sodium diet.
An asian form of pickled sauerkraut, kimchi is an extremely spicy and sour fermented cabbage, typically served alongside meals in korea. Besides beneficial bacteria, kimchi is also a great source of beta-carotene, calcium, iron and vitamins a, c, b1 and b2. Kimchi is one of the best probiotic foods you can add to your diet, assuming you can handle the spice, of course.
10. Kombucha tea
Kombucha is a form of fermented tea that contains a high amount of healthy gut bacteria. This probiotic drink has been used for centuries and is believed to help increase your energy, enhance your well being and maybe even help you lose weight. However, kombucha tea may not be the best fit for everyone, especially those that have had problems with candida.
Thanks for reading health article about top rich probiotic foods and its benefits, kindly share this with your near dear.
PMS is one of the worst food sensitive diseases. Symptoms include moodiness, bloating and headache. All it takes is one symptom to crop up for the whole body to go down. While environmental changes and preventive measures play a crucial role in dealing with this condition, careful choice of food goes a long way in keeping PMS under control. Here is a list of some best and worst food for PMS:
Foods that are Good During PMS:
- Brussels sprouts, Artichokes and Broccoli: These veggies with high fibre content are known to ease bloating. Furthermore, the high water content of these veggies effectively deals with gas, discomfort, and puffiness. The idea is to refrain from foods with high sodium content that only contributes to the suffering.
- Quinoa, what berry and popcorn: These foods help to deal with a short temper which is a very common occurring of PMS. Some other good effects of a high carb diet such as these include fighting anxiousness, depression and maintain composure. Consuming whole grain on a daily basis also helps to keep the mood cheerful. This happens because of the added secretion of the feel good factor hormone called serotonin.
- Banana: Many women tend to face sleep disturbances before the period sets in. A recent study at the John Hopkins University found that less sleep before the period makes a woman susceptible to cramps and discomfort. Banana contains melatonin. The latter helps the body maintain its natural rhythm.
- Eggs: The cravings during PMs can be very difficult to handle. It is therefore very important to start the day a very healthy breakfast. The right amount of protein and healthy fat present in an egg helps to keep the body energised throughout the day. Scrambled egg and an ounce of chicken is a perfect answer to PMs craving.
Some foods to avoid during PMS:
- Processed fats: Processed fat contains a lot of processed fats, sodium and salt. Processed fats make a woman puffy and increment bloating. Processed foods contain very high protein content that becomes very difficult for the body to process during PMS.
- Sugary foods: Craving for sugary food is pretty normal during PMS. However, too much sugar consumption during PMS fluctuate the blood sugar level. They also aggravate tension and mood swings. The latest study has found that refined sugar can disturb the immune system and creates a lot of fatigue in a woman.
- Caffeine: Restricting caffeine during the period can help prevent the cramps and bloating. Certain caffeine such as coffee, cigarettes and chocolate can aggravate breast tenderness, anxiety, and depression. What's more, they systematically create a craving for sweet and other caffeine-related stuff. A better alternative to caffeine during PMs is herbal and green tea, water and fruit juice.
I have itching in my vagina I took treatment but didn't got cured it is due to I have sex with my bf without condom and took ipill.
What is the difference between pcos and pcod? And how to cure it? Suggest natural as well as medicinal way to solve the problem.
I have tested twice of my pregnancy but the result is negative and have missed my periods for 3 weeks. I am not having any symptoms of pregnancy so what is my problem. What should I do to have regular periods.
Here are some tips to help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Check your risk of diabetes. Take the life! risk assessment test and learn more about your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A 12+ score indicates that you are at high risk and may be eligible for the life! program - a free victorian lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Manage your weight. Excess body fat, particularly if stored around the abdomen, can increase the body’s resistance to the hormone insulin. This can lead to type 2 diabetes.
Exercise regularly. Moderate physical activity on most days of the week helps manage weight, reduce blood glucose levels and may also improve blood pressure and cholesterol.
Eat a balanced, healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. Eat more fruit, vegetables and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit takeaway and processed foods. convenience meals are usually high in salt, fat and kilojoules. It's best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Limit your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol can lead to weight gain and may increase your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. Men should have no more than two standard drinks a day and women should have no more than one.
Quit smoking. Smokers are twice as likely to develop diabetes as non-smokers.
Control your blood pressure. Most people can do this with regular exercise, a balanced diet and by keeping a healthy weight. In some cases, you might need medication prescribed by your doctor.
Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease have many risk factors in common, including obesity and physical inactivity.
See your doctor for regular check-ups. As you get older, it's a good idea to regularly check your blood glucose, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
I have depression and take anti depressants. Is it safe to have a baby. Alongside I have diabetes n bp too. But before having all these problems I had a son who is now 3.5 years old. I am confused.
Ok but I can get pregnant then if he come in me on 25th which 14th day as it said on Internet that best time to get pregnant as that when egg get released asking you as you doctor.
Giving birth to a child is a joyous and emotional time. After nine long months of pregnancy, one greets the arrival of baby with great anticipation. It is absolutely normal that the time post delivery marks a drastic change in sexual desire. While both women and menexpect changes in their sex life immediately after the birth of a child, but as time passes by, it is normal for both partners to wonder when things will ever return to normal. It is a fairly common condition to have a decreased sex drive after giving birth and this feeling can last for months which can be attributed to many factors. Refer to the following tips to get your drive back.
- Consult your Gynaecologist: One should take gynaecologist into confidence to discuss how one's libido has changed after child birth, who will in turn help to rule out any physical issues if any.
- Emotional & Physical Fatigue: Nursing a new born is no joke and it drains you physically. In a post delivery scenario, ones libido has to fight with overwhelming emotional as well as physical fatigue that results from nursing of a new born. One can share the night-time feeding with one's partner and try to catch up on the sleep with day time nap. One simply cannot look forward to sex if one is deprived of sleep.
- Release the pressure and guilt: The body is still recovering and one may get a feel that one is not attractive as before, which makes a dramatic impact on body image. Communicate honestly with your partner about the lack of drive. It is likely that he will also be experiencing similar issues and conflicting emotions. Giving reassurance that one is working on increasing the libido can help ease the pressure on both the individuals.
- Prepare for sex: Do anything to relax and get into the mood before hitting the bed. It can be as simple as a hot shower or a refreshing drink, but it is important to help your body transition from mother to lover.
- Use a lubricant: It is hard to look forward to something that is painful. Breastfeeding plays a significant role in the decrease in libido. Oestrogen is an important hormone that decreases with breastfeeding which affects vaginal tissues. The most common vaginal side effects of decreased oestrogen are dryness hence it's important to use lubricants to minimize the discomfort of vaginal dryness and make sex more enjoyable.
Libido is a complicated and there will be times one has to do even if one is not in the mood. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get the libido back into gear. Once one gets over the hurdle of not being in the mood, one may just realise that one is enjoying the act.The good news is that this decrease in libido is temporary. With time and patience, one can rebuild a satisfying sexual relationship with their partner.
I am 7 weeks old pregnant I want to get this pregnancy terminated is there any pill which I can take and terminate this pregnancy.
My wife age is 35 and my age 24. we are love married I have doubt she pregnant or not she have this possible to get baby.
Maintaining proper oral health is very essential for everyone but it becomes more important for women who are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Studies reveal that if a woman is suffering from gum disease, the chances of the baby being born prematurely or having inadequate weight increase.
Moreover, the alteration in the levels of the hormone in the body caused due to pregnancy might also trigger gum disease and a condition known as pregnancy gingivitis, which makes taking care of oral hygiene mandatory for expecting mothers.
How can you ensure proper oral hygiene before conceiving?
Visiting a dentist before conceiving is necessary to diagnose and treat any issues related to oral health, so that it doesn't affect the health of the baby in any way. During this visit, you can opt for professional cleaning of your teeth and proper scrutiny of your gum tissue to detect any oral health issues, which might influence your pregnancy.
How can you maintain proper oral health during pregnancy?
You can take the following measures to ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Visit your dentist regularly - Pregnancy should not keep you from going for regular dental checkups. The dentist can conduct the requisite periodontal exams and provide you instructions for maintaining healthy gums and teeth during this period.
- Inform your dentist about the drugs you are consuming - Letting your dentist know about all the medications you are consuming and their dosages is advisable so that he/she can accordingly design your dental treatment plan.
- Don't avoid dental X-rays - If you need a dental X-ray, you can opt for it even while you are pregnant. Informing your dentist about your pregnancy will ensure that, he/she takes extra measures for your and the baby's safety by protecting your thyroid gland and abdomen from the rays.
- Consider morning sickness while choosing your toothpaste - Morning sickness often hinders with the normal process of brushing due to the taste of the toothpaste. In this case, asking your dentist to recommend a suitable brand for you would be the right thing to do.
- Ensure that you follow a healthy diet - Following a diet which contains a minimum amount of sugary snacks and more dairy products like yogurt and cheese is recommended for expecting mothers. This not only decreases the risks of tooth decay but also ensures proper development of the baby's gums, bones, and teeth.
Related Tip: 5 reasons to get regular dental cleaning