Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NilimaYour feedback matters!
Many of us tend to hurriedly rush to our workplace without having our important meal of the day. Yes, you got it right, the king of meals breakfast.
The meaning of breakfast is to end the overnight fasting. The body tries to repair and regenerate our cells and tissues when we are asleep.
After the process, the body tends to accumulate various by products that essentially needs to be thrown off the body. When you skip or delay your break fast, the toxins tends to build up in the body. Secondly, when there is no food source to provide energy, body tends to use the stored nutrients in the body very slowly and the body function slows down.
Later, when you have your brunch with loads of foods at a time, the body tends to accumulate it hoping to use it in times of crisis. This habit when followed over a long period of time tends to slow down the body's ability to maintain blood sugars as well as healthy weight.
So, dear all my friends do have a healthy, nutritious breakfast everyday to maintain your sugars as well as weight.
Just don't read but make it a everyday practice from today.
When the immune system of the body reacts against the tissues of its own body, it is called an autoimmune disorder. To put it more dramatically, the body becomes its own enemy. The immune system of your body keeps fighting disease causing germs and bacteria, but in rare cases, the immune system might malfunction and fight its own body causing different disorders. These disorders may be caused due to genetic issues or due to mutations. According to ayurveda, autoimmune disorders are a result of constant unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Ayurveda works at the root cause of the disease where it starts treating the malfunctioning immune system.
Here is how ayurveda treats autoimmune disorders:
- Toxin removal: Ayurveda starts working on removing the toxins from the body. According to ayurveda, toxins or ama in the body interfere with the proper functioning of the immune system, which often leads to autoimmune diseases. Usually shunthi, haritaki, pippali, maricha, hingu and saindhav lavan are used to detoxify the body.
- Metabolism correction: Not only will ayurveda detoxify the body, but it will also correct the metabolism which gets messed up when afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. Neem, guggulu, guduchi, vasa, patola patra and ghrita are used to correct the metabolism.
- Increase in ojus production: Ojus is the component which helps in the nourishment of the immune system. It is generally received from the food you eat. Due to dysfunctional immune system causing the impairment of metabolism, production of ojas decreases to almost nil. Hence ayurveda increases its production. Guduchi, haridra, manjishtha, amalaki, nirgundi, yashtimadhu and pippali are used to increase ojha production.
- Immune system correction: Lastly, ayurveda works at correcting the immune system. If the immune system is not corrected, then the above treatment procedure will just be useless. Ghrita, haritaki, bahera, amalaki, ela and dadim are used generally to calm the immune system and rejuvenate it. They help correct the immune system for normal functioning.
Autoimmune disorders may not be easily treated, but that doesn't mean you cannot expect it to cure or witness a miracle. You just need some faith and confidence alongside proper treatment and you are ready to roll. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. The amount can vary, as can odor and hue (its color can range from clear to a milky white-ish), depending on the time in your menstrual cycle. For example, there will be more discharge if you are ovulating, breastfeeding, or are sexually aroused. The smell may be different if you are pregnant or you haven't been diligent about your personal hygiene.
None of those changes is cause for alarm.
Any sudden change to your discharge may indicate a vaginal infection. You should be aware of how your discharge naturally varies throughout your cycle and what isn't normal, but obvious warning signs of infection are:
• a change in colour or consistency
• a sudden bad smell
• an unusually large amount of discharge
• another symptom alongside the discharge, such as itching outside your vagina or pain in your pelvis or tummy
• unexpected bleeding from the vagina
What causes abnormal discharge?
Any change in the vagina's balance of normal bacteria can affect the smell, color, or discharge texture. These are a few of the things that can upset that balance:
• Bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection more common in pregnant women or women who have multiple sexual partners
• Chlamydia or gonorrhea (STDs), sexually transmitted infections
• Pelvic infection after surgery
• Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
• Trichomoniasis, a parasitic infection typically contracted and caused by having unprotected sex
• Vaginitis, irritation in or around the vagina
• Yeast infections
• Antibiotic or steroid use
• Birth control pills
• Douches, scented soaps or lotions, bubble bath
• Vaginal atrophy, the thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls during menopause
• Cervical cancer
How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem
Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:
• Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water. One can use vaginal wash available in market.
• Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
• Wear cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.
• After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
• Avoid vaginal douching unless recommended by doctor.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #gynecologist #healthtips #womenshealth
Hii doctor, I'm 21 years old. Mera periods 2 month se nahi aaya hai. Mujhe ovary cyst hai, to periods aise 45 to 46 days ki cycle me aate hai. Par is bar 2 months s nahi aaya hai. Usse pehle I had humping with my boyfriend but there was no intercourse he was wearing condom which slip from his penis once. Also I tested with I can pregnancy kit the result was negative. Please help me is there any chance of getting pregnant in this condition?
On april 4, 19 and 30 I had unprotected sex. On april 16th I had a very light period but I normally have a pretty heavy flow. On may 8th I had an iud put in place. I had extremely light spotting for three days in may june and july. I have been experiencing all pregnancy symptoms. And just recently my boobs started leaking a yellow white fluid. I have been also having a lot of watery discharge. Could I be pregnant?
Hello, meri sister ki pregnancy ko abhi 6 weeks hue h jeeju ne ultrasound krwaya Dr. Ne kaha heart beat nhi hai baby ki or development bhi nhi h koi abortion k lie Bola h kya koi sujhav h please btaie ye meri sister ka first baby h.
I am taking furocyst for last 50 day but from last 25 days my periods are not stopping. What should I do? ू
Does vagina becomes tight when do not do sex for 1. Year but before this I do sex once in a month for 1 year.
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is a rich source of minerals and vitamins including vitamin a, b12 and e; calcium, magnesium, iron and selenium. It has loads of living chlorophyll and also contains many antioxidants. Following are 11 of the many benefits of this amazing plant called wheatgrass -
1. Wonderful healer: wheatgrass heals effectively for the presence of proteins, minerals and amino acids. The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass helps in building blood cells.
2. Anti-ageing agent: the enzymes present in wheatgrass decay superoxide radicals present in human body to control age-causing factors, thus slowing down the ageing process.
3. Colon cleaner: the crude form of chlorophyll has cleansing effect on colon. It also helps in curtailing the development of harmful bacteria. Liquefied wheatgrass renews colon tissues to make them healthier.
4. Skin soother: application of wheatgrass paste or juice on skin cures it of dryness, burning sensation, itching, infection or even insect bites.
5. Sinus decongestant: the insertion of wheatgrass packs inside the sinuses dries it up and decongests it within a day. It throws out the toxins from the body and neutralizes their negative effect.
6. Energy provider: the starch present in wheatgrass gets transformed into simple sugars and renders quick energy on intake. Wheatgrass juice can be consumed by athletes for its rapid assimilation and release of energy.
7. Fertility restorer: the magnesium content in wheatgrass gives rise to friendly enzymes that help in the revival of sex hormones.
8. Body deodorizer: juice of wheatgrass can be effectively used as body deodorant.
9. Dental healer: daily intake of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay and renders relief from dental infection and toothache.
10. Hair vitalizer: application of wheatgrass juice to scalp and hair roots prevents hair fall, dandruff and delays graying.
11. Pain reliever: scientific evidences have shown that consumption of wheatgrass helped in minimizing pain of cancer patients going through chemotherapy without interfering with the efficacy of the treatment.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hi I am navdeep kaur. 25 years old. I am married. My mensus period is 40-45 days from last 2-3 years even when I was unmarried. Please tell me suggestion.
Ear infection is a disorder which can either be viral or bacterial, affecting one’s middle ear the most. This disorder is painful as fluid accumulates in the ear leading to inflammation. Infections of the ear can either be chronic or acute in nature, the damage is more prominent in case of chronic infections. Acute ear infections can be painful but they usually fade away in a few days’ time.
In case of an ear infection, you will experience pain in the ear. A pressure may develop in the ear accompanied by drainage of pus from the ears. Some severe cases might also lead to loss of hearing, be it temporary or permanent. The symptoms of ear infection may develop and affect both the ears. Fever during ear infections is another common auxiliary condition.
Ear infections tend to occur when the Eustachian tubes in the ear get blocked as a result of fluid accumulation in the ear. The Eustachian tubes can get blocked due to the following reasons –
- Being affected by allergies
- Conditions such as cold can lead to ear infection
- Problems in the sinuses
- Excessive smoking
- Infected adenoid glands
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors which can make one prone to ear infections, some of them being:
- Narrow Eustachian tubes in children increase the risks of ear infections
- Changes in climate and altitude
- Second hand exposure to cigarette smoke
For mild symptoms, simple home remedies will suffice. A warm compress on the affected area can reduce the pain. Taking pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen can also help in reducing pain. For moderate symptoms, antibiotics may be required to treat the bacterial infection.
If other treatments do not work, then surgery may be required. Usually tubes are inserted in the ear to drain the accumulated fluid. If it involves the adenoid glands, then surgical removal of the adenoid glands may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.