Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NilimaYour feedback matters!
I had a miss carriage in Oct 2015 (placenta detachment in 9th week of pregnancy). I have been trying for 4 months and haven't been able to conceive. I had been asked to take tests for 1. Lupus anticoagulants 2. EIA - Auto immune 3. Anti phospholipid IGM antibody 4. Autoimmune IFA (all 4 test were clear) Another doctor has asked me to take the following tests: 1. Protein C and S activity and 2. Antithrombin III. As these test are really expensive I wanted to know if they are really required or can be avoided.
Dear dr., I have used ipill for my wife as an emergency contraceptive. But after that she had period 3 times in 45 days and I am not getting what would be the problem over there. I am so scared too. We haven't shared this problem with any one else we know. I hope you would understand my well. Thanks. Kiran.
Hi, I delivered a baby one and half year back and now I stopped lactating too but still my periods were not regular. I got my periods during may month and that too only after taking tablets. It's almost four months now that I didn't get periods. I have also done family planning operation after second delivery. So I am not pregnant. Please suggest.
I have 3 years old one baby boy and planning for second child since last 4 months. I have removed my copper t since last 4 months. I just want to know how do we know when I'm going to evaluate and is there any side effects of copper t on conception after its removal.
Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy? And can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help. ;(
Sex on 4th march. After that she is having her periods every month. Sequences is 6th march, 1 2 april, 14 may, 14 June,19 July, 19 aug ,20 sep, 27oct.but sometimes she feels that she is pregnant. Is it still possible to be pregnant after 8 periods?
Hi doctor, can you tell me whats the procedure of taking iPill? At what time should it be taken and after how many hours of sex? What problems I will face after it? Please answer in full detail.
I am 25 female. We are trying for a baby while doing intercourse penis is going to vagina but it is coming out with in seconds why it is happening like this?
I have undergone the laparoscopy two days before doc said uterus mouth is so tight dat may also be the cause of infertility and they loosed it during laparoscopy and saying there s a chance .my doubt is once if uterus mouth is loosed it will remain the same hereafter and can easily conceive.
Hello doctor, I have had a missed abortion at 7 week 6 days have aborted the same by oral medicine as per the doctor suggestion am turning 30 in few days and my husband is 43 and we are not blood relatives. Its 6 years in the marriage I can't afford to loose a month also so can I conceive in the same cycle. .If I conceive will the pregnancy be affected from the medicine I have taken.
Sir there is infection in my wife's uterus kindly advise medicine during her periods she has to suffers a lot of pain and when we make relation she feels jealous.
After how many weeks fetal heart beat can be recognized. My cousin is currently at 6th week undergone for scan, unfortunately heart beat not recognised on fetal.
At some point of time we all go through a rough patch and these are the times when we suffer from certain disorders. In slightly more medical terms, sexual disorder is known as sexual dysfunction. Sexual disorders are health conditions that could surface in both males and females. This not only acts as a hurdle in the path of an alternative understanding of sexuality, but also deters spontaneous reporting of sexual problems.
Patients largely feel the need to redress such problems; the fear of being ridiculed or being mocked deters them continually. Another way of approaching the problem and its subsequent treatment is to identify the factors leading to its development. Your way of life plays an eminent role in deciding the quality of your health. You may seek help from a professional to bring about fruitful changes in your lifestyle.
Sexual disorders can be categorized as follows:
- Desire disorders: It often happens that a male or a female repeatedly feels laidback about indulging in sexual activity. The problem could be persistent in general or it could be directed towards a single partner. You may or may not develop this condition all of a sudden. Low levels of estrogen in females and low levels of testosterone in males are known to lead to such sexual irregularities.
- Sexual arousal disorders: Females at an older age or after childbirth often suffer from a sexual arousal disorder. The condition could also be found in young adults. It is characterized by a dry vagina and the lack of pleasure during foreplay or intercourse. Amid males this problem is prevalently known as erectile dysfunction. A man might not be able to enjoy physical contact with his partner. Men usually face difficulties in having a proper erection. The male organ in such a case is only partly erected.
- Sexual orgasm disorders: If you are on certain medications or have been experiencing frequent bouts of anxiety, attaining climax can be a headache. Patients of this disorder either fail to have an orgasm or it is extremely delayed.
- Sexual pain disorders: Pain disorders are more common in women. In most cases, painful intercourse is the result of lack of arousal. If the vagina is not sufficiently lubricated, a woman might experience severe pain. Pain can also be the symptom of a serious underlying disease like vaginismus. A medical condition where a man faces painful erection due to excess accumulation of blood in the penis is referred to as priapism.
Drug eruptions are mild to severe skin conditions, where the skin shows some form of drug induced adverse reaction, which may be visible or not visible, but causes discomfort, pain, visible lesions and hives or rashes, etc. on the patient's body or some areas of the skin. This is caused when a drug given, for some reason, causes side effect or extra reaction. Often drug reactions are not serious or fatal except in some cases and can be controlled once the causative drug is withdrawn from administration.
Types of drug eruptions:
The common drug eruption types are as follows:
Type 1- Urticaria, anaphylaxis, or angio-oedema, which happens due to mediation of IgE and protein such as insulin.
Type 2- Purpura and haemolysis induced by a cytotoxic reaction for the administration of sulfonamides, penicillin, rifampin and cephalosporins.
Type 3- Due to the action of sulfonamides, salicylates, and chlorpromazine a complicated reaction develops resulting in serum sickness, vasculitis and urticaria.
Type 4- These reactions, which are caused by the hypersensitivity of cells and come in a delay cause photoallergic reactions, contact dermatitis, or exanthematous reactions. They are most common types of reactions and occur when the drug is applied topically.
All of these types show how drugs can cause several different types of reactions. Though eruptions are visible on skin, some discomforts are not visible, and then it takes time for diagnosis. However, diagnosis of the reason behind drug eruptions has to be done as soon as possible to avoid further serious types of reactions like anaphylaxis and angioedema.
Managing drug eruptions
Management of drug eruptions has to be tactful. Often drugs are taken by patients who have a lot of problems, or sickness, and are not fully fit. Moreover, they take not just one drug, but a bunch of drugs for several problems in the body. Therefore, to understand which drug caused the problem and discontinue that one is often a challenge. However, it has been seen that discontinuing the affecting drug really helps to get the eruptions eliminated after some time. However, to stop a drug when it is most needed for a certain problem or cure and that too by diagnosing the exact drug takes some time and needs experimentation from the medical caregiver or doctor.
While the drug is still continued, treatment with antihistamines, epinephrine and corticosteroids is done to relieve the patient from the pain and discomfort. If antibiotics are given to the patient, they are stopped to see how the body reacts. To avoid an eruption sometimes premedication can be done to soothe the eruptions in case of patients with a drug eruption history.
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of our body. They are found in the blood, tissues, organs and immune system. These powerful stem cells are found in umbilical cord blood. They have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves and differentiate into specialized cells, thus they can replace diseased cells and can be used for the treatment of life threatening diseases.
What is umbilical cord and why is it so awesome?
Throughout the pregnancy, the umbilical cord functions as a lifeline between mother and baby. It carries rich nutrients, oxygenated blood from placenta to the developing baby through the umbilical vein. The baby in turn pumps nutrient-depleted, deoxygenated blood back to the placenta through umbilical arteries. Yes it’s reverse! Umbilical cord is a rich source of cord blood and cord tissue stem cells. Stem cells have a unique ability to differentiate into functional cells which can help treat more than 80 diseases in the baby after birth. According to the WHO report, minimum 2000 Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplants are performed annually to cure diseases such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassaemia, cerebral palsy, myeloma, lymphoma and more. More than 35000 cord blood stem cell transplants have already been performed worldwide and 53% of cord blood transplants have been performed in children. (World Cord Blood Congress 2015 Report)
5 unique qualities that make umbilical cord blood banking so convenient and important.
Umbilical cord blood banking is the process of collecting and preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells for future medical uses.
1. Collecting umbilical cord stem cells is a quick and easy procedure and painless for the mother and baby.
2. Stem cells from the umbilical cord blood are young and unexposed to the external environment, thus they can be transplanted with higher chances of acceptance in the patient body.
3. The therapeutic potential of umbilical cord stem cells is vast. These stem cells are already being used to treat more than 80 life threatening diseases.
4. Cord blood stem cells are genetically unique and exclusive. If your family has a history of complex diseases, like: Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart disease and stroke, chances of your children inheriting them are higher. These life threatening diseases can be cured with cord blood. All the more reason why you should opt for preservation of cord blood stem cells.
5. Umbilical cord stem cells if preserved are readily available in case of emergency for the baby and family. This ensures that in situations of crisis, you wouldn't have to spend months or years finding a donor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.