Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilima
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NilimaYour feedback matters!
Hi. My periods get delayed by 12 days last time and this time it has to com on 12 th this month but not getting yet. My periods are regular before marriage. What is the reason ? Thankyou.
Hello Friends, I am Dr Anubhav Gupta and I am consultant Plastic surgeon working at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, today I am going to talk about hand surgery. Now hand surgery is a very vast felid which involves a lot of conditions like if you look at congenital since birth there are many kids who have absence of finger, absence of thumb, then there are many times the fingers are joined that condition called Syndactyly, then there are many time extra digits which is polydactyly. So these are the common conditions which are present in our hands at the time of birth. Then there are many conditions which are acquired like for example, there are injuries, common cuts in kitchen then finger getting into the washing machine simple cut by knife then road traffic accident wherein the part of the hand is cut from the body it is amputation and abrasions, avulsions, crushes, bruises. All these kind of injuries, loss of tissue, fracture all these comes into under the preview of hand surgery, then injury to nerve tendence. Then the third group is the burns, burns related when there are burns of the hand they cause contracture they cause the abnormal position of the joints with the inability of the person to do his works. These all category comes under the gament of hand surgery. Now, who is qualify to do hand surgery, with the basic training of at least and a person should be a qualified orthopaedic surgeon or a plastic surgeon which special interest and having worked in the field of hand surgery, such people are more qualified to do hand surgeries. I always tell that we should never take any injury to the hand lightly because there are very important vital structures which are moving under the skin. There are tendons and nerves lot of things which make this hand work. So even if thus a small it should always be super wise examined by an expert because even a small cut can cause injury to a vital structure leading to loss of function.
You can compare our hand to a crane, for example, the crane has a metallic part then there it has a lot of wires which act as pully, picking up the weight and it has a wires circuitry which is electricity which provides it. Similarly, if you look at our hand the bones soft tissues provide the framework of metal just like a crane and the pullies the tendons and the ligaments they are the pullies for lifting the weight and electric circuitry are the nerves. So, if we look at this analogue hand, works like a crane so any part of this complex system if it is injured then it is not working properly. Again another thing which we should understand it many times even after surgery the return to function depend a lot of things like Physiotherapy exercise what your surgeon tells you. It is like a machine if we don’t lose it, it will rust and it will not work. So we have to understand the complexity of the injury, the outcomes which are dependent or not only on the surgery but lot of other factors for example, the education of the person, if he is well educated there is always a chance the person will understand the mechanism how his hand works he will be able to get a better result as compare to the person, who doesn’t understand the importance of these systems.
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
Hi. Last cycle I underwent follicular study .and on my 12th day it was 11 mm. Post wic it dint grow. I used siphene tablets from day two. Could you tell me the reasons for not growing.
I have done sex for the first time but I didn't bleed. I mean that generally we girls bleed if we lose virginity but I haven't. What can be the reason for this?
Hello doctor I am unmarried. I am suffering from irregular periods. I have this problem from beginning of my menstrual cycle. Now I am 24 yeas old. I want regular periods. My doctor suggested me to take krimson35. She told me that start the medicine from 5th day of my period. But I didn't got the period on 5th day. Then what I have to do? Shall I start the medicine or not?
Hi, my periods are usually regular (26-28 days). However I have not got my period this month, I am 5 days late. I am sexually active, use a condom and also did a pregnancy test to rule that out - it was negative. What should I do?
Small endocrine glands, which are located on top of each kidney are known as Adrenal glands. These Adrenal glands produce hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the Adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all endocrine glands.
Different types of Adrenal gland disorders are:
- Cushing's disease: This disorder occurs when the Adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that Adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The cause of this disease is the intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. Its symptoms are increase in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer: Presence of cancerous cells in the Adrenal cortex leads to Adrenal cancer. Symptoms of the disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the Adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the Adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. Symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytoma - It is a tumor that develops in the adrenal gland and causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamine. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone Aldosterone is produced in excess by the Adrenal glands. Symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.