Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NilimaYour feedback matters!
I have breast fibroadenoma since 3 yrs, I got surgery and took out two lumps from breast (right) but again within 1 years two lumps got sprouted. And I again visited doc so they told me to operate again but they doesn't take guarantee that it" ll not sprout up again, so in this case I told them is there any possible reason to uproot it but being only 28 years they disagreed to throw out the breast tissue and I am mum of one daughter. So, what to do doc please suggest me a suitable and fruitful advice?
आयुर्वेद ग्रंथ 'भावप्रकाश' कहता है कि 'लहसुन वृष्य स्निग्ध, ऊष्णवीर्य, पाचक,सारक,रस विपाक में कटु तथा मधुर रस युक्त, तीक्ष्ण भग्नसंधानक (टूटी हड्डी जोड़ने वाला), पित्त एवं रक्तवर्धक, शरीर में बल, मेधाशक्ति तथा आँखों के लिए हितकर रसायन है। यह हृदय रोग, जीर्ण रोग (ज्वरादि), कटिशूल, मल एवं वातादिक की विबंधता, अरुचि, काम, क्रोध, अर्श, कुष्ठ, वायु, श्वांस की तकलीफ तथा कफ नष्टकारी है।
मेहनतकश किसान-मजदूर तो लहसुन की चटनी, रोटी खाकर स्वस्थ और कर्मठ बने रहते हैं। यह कैंसर से लड़ने में खास उपयोगी है क्योंकि यह खाने -पीने की चीजों या प्रदूषण से शरीर में बनने वाले नाइट्रोसेमाइन के असर को कम करता है। हृदय रोग समेत कई अन्य रोगों में भी यह सुरक्षा कवच बन सकता है। इसे पूरे शरीर के लिए एक शक्तिशाली टॉनिक बताया गया है। पिछले महीने एनालिटिकल बायोकेमिस्ट्री पत्रिका में छपी रिपोर्ट में कहा गया कि नाइट्रोसेमाइन का संबंध कैंसर से होता है। ज्यादातर सब्जियों, डब्बाबंद आहार और उद्योग से निकलने वाले कचरे में नाइट्रेट की मात्रा होती है। करीब 20 प्रतिशत नाइट्रेट शरीर में जाकर नाइट्रोसेमाइन में बदल जाता है। इस अध्ययन में शामिल लोगों को, एक हफ्ते तब बिना नाइट्रेट और लहसुन वाला भोजन दिया गया। इसके बाद उन्हें सोडियम नाइट्रेट की खुराक इस प्रकार दी गई जिससे वह टॉक्सिक में न बदले। इसके बावजूद, पेशाब की जांच में, इसके टॉक्सिक में बदलने की प्रक्रिया का पता लगा। इसके बाद स्टडी में शामिल लोगों के एक ग्रुप का इलाज लहसुन के डोज से किया गया। उन्हें एक, तीन या पांच ग्राम ताजा लहसुन या तीन ग्राम लहसुन का रस दिया गया। दूसरे ग्रुप को 500 मिली ग्राम एस्कॉर्बिक एसिड या विटामिन-सी दिया गया। दोनों समूहों को सात दिन तक ये खुराक दी गई और हर दूसरे दिन उनके पेशाब के नमूने लिए गए। जांच से स्पष्ट हुआ कि लहसुन का सेवन करने वालों में नाइट्रोसेमाइन की मात्रा कम थी। 'एनल्स ऑफ इंटरनल मेडिसिन' और 'जर्नल ऑफ न्यूट्रीशन' के अध्ययन का भी निष्कर्ष है कि लहसुन सेवन से कोलेस्ट्रॉल में 10 फीसदी तक की गिरावट हो सकती है और हर हफ्ते सप्ताह लहसुन के पाँच दाने खाने से कैंसर का खतरा 30 से 40 फीसदी कम हो जाता है। वस्तुतः,षडरस अर्थात् भोजन के 6 रसों में, "अम्ल रस" को छोड़,शेष पाँच रस लहसुन में सदैव विद्यमान रहते हैं। आज षडरस आहार दुर्लभ हो चला है। लहसुन उसकी पूर्ति के लिए बहुत सस्ता, सुलभ विकल्प है। इसीलिए,लहसुन को गरीबों का 'मकरध्वज' कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसके लगातार प्रयोग से मनुष्य का स्वास्थ्य उत्तम रहता है।
मलेरिया के रोगी को भोजन से पहले तिल के तेल में भुना लहसुन खिलाना चाहिए। लहसुन का तेल सवेरे निराहार पानी के साथ लेने से, कितनी ही पुरानी खाँसी हो, फायदा होता है। बिच्छू के काटे स्थान पर डंक साफकर लहसुन और अमचूर पीसकर लगाने से जहर उतर जाता है। डंक ग्रस्त भाग पर पिसी चटनी भी लगाएँ। इन्फ्लूएंजा में लहसुन का रस पानी में मिलाकर चार-चार घंटे बाद दें। इसके सेवन से रक्त में थक्का बनने की प्रवृत्ति बहुत कम हो जाती है, जिससे हार्ट अटैक का खतरा कम हो जाता है। लहसुन की गंध से मच्छर भी दूर भागते हैं।यह उच्च रक्तचाप में भी काफी लाभदायक माना गया है। जी मचलने पर लहसुन की कलियाँ चबाना या लहसुनादि वटी चूसना फायदेमंद होता है। रोगाणुनाशक क्षमता होने के कारण लहसुन के एक भाग रस में तीन भाग पानी मिलाकर इसका इस्तेमाल घाव धोने के लिए किया जाता है। कुनकुने पानी में लहसुन का रस मिलाकर गरारे करने से गले की खरास दूर हो जाती है। लहसुन में पर्याप्त मात्रा में लौह तत्व होता है जो कि रक्त निर्माण में सहायक होता है। विटामिन-सी युक्त होने के कारण यह स्कर्वी रोग से भी बचाता है। लहसुन का रस 25 ग्राम की मात्रा में प्रातः निराहार ही त्रिफला के साथ कुछ दिन लगातार लेने से मधुमेह के रोगियों को लाभ होता है। यह कब्जहारी है। इसका इस्तेमाल जोड़ों के दर्द या गठिया में भी होता है तथा यह सूजन का भी नाश करती है। लहसुन के रस की पाँच-पाँच बूंदें सुबह-शाम लेने से काली खाँसी दूर हो जाती है। कान में दर्द होने पर, लहसुन और अदरक को बराबर की मात्रा में कूटकर कुनकुना करके कान में लेने से आराम मिलता है। 10 ग्राम लहसुन का रस मट्ठे में मिलाकर तीन बार लेने से पेचिश का शमन हो जाता है। लहसुन के सेवन से ट्यूमर को 50 से 70 फीसदी तक कम किया जा सकता है। गर्भवती महिलाओं को लहसुन का सेवन नियमित तौर पर करना चाहिए। गर्भवती महिला को अगर उच्च रक्तचाप की शिकायत हो तो, उसे पूरी गर्भावस्था के दौरान किसी न किसी रूप में लहसुन का सेवन करना चाहिए। यह रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित रख कर शिशु को नुकसान से बचाता है। उससे भावी शिशु का वजन भी बढ़ता है और समय पूर्व प्रसव का खतरा भी कम होता है।
लहसुन की तासीर काफी गर्म और खुश्क होने के कारण इसे उचित अनुपात में ही लेना चाहिए। खासकर गर्मी के मौसम में पित्त प्रधान प्रकृति वालों को इसका संतुलित इस्तेमाल ही करना चाहिए। कच्चा लहसुन बहुत तीक्ष्ण होता है इसीलिए इसका ज्यादा उपभोग करने से पाचन क्रिया गड़बड़ा सकती है। कुछ लोगों को लहसुन से एलर्जी भी होती है। ऐसी एलर्जी का लक्षण यह होता है कि कहीं-कहीं त्वचा लाल हो जाती है और सिरदर्द होता है। बुखार भी हो सकता है। सर्जरी से पहले लहसुन का इस्तेमाल नहीं करना चाहिए। एड्स के रोगी अगर लहसुन का सेवन करते हैं तो उन्हें साइड-इफेक्ट हो सकता है। अगर लहसुन का कुछ दुष्प्रभाव महसूस हो तो मरीज को गोंद कतीरा, धनिया, बादाम-रोगन, नींबू, पुदीना देते रहने से उसका दुष्प्रभाव दूर हो जाता है। घी में भून कर लेने से भी इसका कुप्रभाव दूर हो जाता है। सूखा लहसुन छीलकर ही इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए।
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.
Ayurveda has remedies that can help you control cholesterol and improve heart health.
Cholesterol is something that the body needs to build and maintain cellular health. Technically it is known as a lipid and is a fatty or wax-like material that circulates in the bloodstream.
There are two kinds of cholesterol, and you have probably already heard about them, but they are:
LDL - this is the "bad" cholesterol that can cling to arterial walls and create blockages that result in strokes and heart attacks.
HDL - this is the good type that is going to actually protect you from heart disease.
We get cholesterol from our foods, but our bodies can also make it too. Hence this leads to high levels of cholesterol in the arteries.
In ayurveda- certain herbs, ayurvedic treatments and remedies can lower high cholesterol. These are:
- Garlic: Garlic is the most common herb that is used in Indian cooking and no dish tastes the same without it. Having two to three garlic cloves a day can break down bad cholesterol and free it from the arterial walls.
- Coriander: This green herb adds freshness, flavour and colour to any meal. Coriander is a diuretic that will flush out waste and even excess cholesterol.
- Tulsi: Tulsi disintegrates cholesterol from the arteries and washes it from the body.
- Guggul : Guggul is a sap from the Mukul myrrh tree. There are several products made from Guggul that helps to reduce high cholesterol.
- Arjuna or Terminalia Arjuna: Arjuna’s white bark has medicinal properties that dissolve cholesterol from the arteries.
We had sex twice – first time I used two condoms and second time I used only one. Do you think I should have used two condoms the second time?
She had a cold – is there any possibility of getting HIV that way?
She used an old cloth to clean my penis; could that cause HIV? She performed oral sex on me – is there any possibility of getting HIV?
Please help me. I am very worried. When should I get checked for HIV?
Here we try to answer the concerns expressed in the question in parts:
If two condoms are better than one: In case of condoms the phrase ‘two is better than one’ doesn’t hold true. In fact it’s more dangerous to use two since there’s added friction which can result in them tearing. And yes it’s possible to get HIV (if the aforementioned sex worker has HIV) even while using a condom if there’s a hole which is too minuscule to be visible to the naked eye. Here is all you should know about how not to use a condom.
If common cold could initiate transmission of HIV: HIV can’t be transmitted from one person to another the way the common cold or other flu spread. You can’t get HIV from someone if they have a cough or cold. The only way you can get HIV is through interchange of body fluids which can happen through sexual intercourse, blood transfusion, sharing injections (common among intravenous drug users) or similar methods where the blood or other fluids are transferred
If using an old cloth spread HIV: It’s impossible to get HIV from a cloth, because the virus can’t survive outside the body, it needs a temperature of 37 degree Celsius. Even if the cloth had HIV positive blood it’s a highly unlikely source of transmission.
If oral sex can lead to HIV infection: Yes it’s possible to get HIV through oral sex though the chances of transmission are fairly low.
When to go for a test: To find out when to get tested you can check out this article on testing for HIV. And finally a word of advice, not only are you risking sexually transmitted diseases like HIV but you’re also exploiting someone who’s probably been forced into that lifestyle because of circumstances beyond her control. Doesn’t that make you feel any sort of remorse? And let’s not forget it’s against our country’s laws. So stop visiting prostitutes and get a life. Read to find out if it is possible that we put an end to HIV/AIDS together.
I have 2 question 1 is that I am doing breastfeeding and my baby is 6 month should I take Iron and Calcium and how long it take and second one is that my milk production is low what to do to increase it can I take asparagus for it.
I am 30 years old. I have aborted 1st & 2nd gone by bleeding by 5 weeks. Dr. didn't do DNC for both abortion. Now am trying to conceive but not getting but now Dr. gave dubagest 200 for 2 weeks for day & night. It is going to finish now but in vagina it is like closed. I have 107 sugar. Is there any problem?
Hi I am pregnant just got confirmed n am also having stomach pain often I have consultant a doctor n took scan where they said thickened endometrium so its pregnancy and they also said that I have cyst in my left ovarian complex and polycystic changes in right ovary in these cases is it safe to be pregnant or I can abort n first take treatment.
I'm 21years old I hve pcod prblm. If I stand for 15mins continuously I feel like falling down getting giddiness quickly. Im unable to sit in the class for a long time and getting back pain if I sit for an hour. Can you suggest me some tips or medicine.
Diabetes alters the metabolism and functioning of almost entire body system. The most important targets are the circulatory and nervous system, leading to peripheral vascular disease and neuropathy. Diabetic foot is the result of a combination of these two factors in the feet – altered/reduced blood flow to the feet combined with reduced sensation.
- Neuropathy: When the sugar levels are poorly controlled, then the nerves in the legs are damaged, leading to reduced or absence of sensation. The patient cannot feel pain/heat/cold. Sensory neuropathy causes loss of protective sennsation leaving the foot at risk to repetative unnoticed trauma.
- Peripheral vascular disease: The blood vessels which are away from the heart are affected, leading to poor blood flow from the legs to the heart. Proper blood flow is essential for overall health, and when this is affected, the peripheral foot health is affected.
Some of the common foot problems encountered in diabetics are listed below:
- Fungal infections: Whether a person wears shoes regularly or not, they become more prone to fungal infections. The nails become discoloured, brittle, and break off. They are difficult to treat and may require oral medications.
- Ulcers: Diabetic ulcers are very common. The combined effect of reduced sensation and reduced blood flow leads to ulcers, which are not painful (due to lack of sensation) and therefore are ignored and not treated promptly. They can progress and become severe, even sometimes leading to amputation. Fungal ulcer are most common in between toes and in creases of a diabetic patients
- Corns: Diabetics are more prone to develop corns which are thick masses of skin near the bony area of a toe. This could be in areas where the shoes rub against the toes or between the toes where there is a lot of friction. Home care includes smoothing it with a pumice stone. The person should not try to remove them on their own. Warts, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, etc., are also very common in diabetics.
- The first and most important step is to monitor and regulate the blood sugar levels within ranges ideal for you.
- Warm water to be used for washing feet, and then to be dried well, to not leave a moist area between toes
- Regular feet care to check for blisters, ulcers, wounds, etc.
- Check toenails for overall health
- Preferably wear closed toe shoes
- Wear stockings or socks and shoes that fit well
- Moisturise the skin well to avoid drying
- Avoid exposing feet to extreme weather
- Quit smoking
- Ensure blood flow is maintained by not standing or sitting for prolonged periods and with regular exercise
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
I Am a 32 year old ladies I am suffering from vaginal problem. Some liquid is come in vagina like water no smell but body pain.
Hi doctor. I just got married recently. We couple have decided to have baby, but my wife doesn't want to have sex with me, as it shall be paining allot. So what should I do to see that she doesn't get any pain? Thanking You.
Please help I think i'm pregnant. Me and my fiancé intimated on friday what should I do now if I get pregnant. Friday we had sex not even a week has been please help.
Hello, My periods were due on the 2nd of April, usually my periods are late by a day or two (so on 4th of April) I had PROTECTED (condom) sexual relation twice in this month. Once after my periods got over last month (the very next day) and on the 29th. I am too worried so I did a urine HCG pregnancy test on the 4th morning. Which turned out to be negative. I am worried. Are there chances of her getting pregnant? Also he made sure that he was outside me when he was about to finish and also, we used condoms.
Brain foods that help you concentrate
Ginseng, fish, berries, or caffeine?
Listen to the buzz about foods and dietary supplements, and you'll believe they can do everything from sharpen focus to enhance memory, attention span, and brain function.
But do they really work? there's no denying that as we age, our body ages right along with us. The good news is that you can improve your chances of maintaining a healthy brain if you add 'smart' foods and drinks to your diet.
Caffeine can make you more alert
There's no magic bullet to boost IQ or make you smarter -- but certain substances, like caffeine, can energize you and help you concentrate. Found in coffee, chocolate, energy drinks, and some medications, caffeine gives you that unmistakable wake-up buzz though the effects are short-term. And more is often less: overdo it on caffeine and it can make you jittery and uncomfortable.
Sugar can enhance alertness
Sugar is your brain's preferred fuel source -- not table sugar, but glucose, which your body processes from the sugars and carbs you eat. That's why a glass of something sweet to drink can offer a short-term boost to memory, thinking, and mental ability.
Have too much, though, and memory can be impaired -- along with the rest of you. Go easy on the sugar so it can enhance memory without packing on the pounds.
Eat breakfast to fuel your brain
Tempted to skip breakfast? studies have found that eating breakfast may improve short-term memory and attention. Students who eat it tend to perform better than those who don't. Foods at the top of researchers' brain-fuel list include high-fiber whole grains, dairy, and fruits. Just don't overeat; researchers also found high-calorie breakfasts appear to hinder concentration.