Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nilima DateYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 15 year old. She is 82 kg. 2 year before she was 61 kg. After her period starts she became 82 kg. Her period also irregular means every 45 days 70 days. Thyroid test also shows negative. Even she is doing Yoga for 1 hour daily. Please help me.
Hello I want to sex with my girlfriend but she didn't want to became pregnant and I didn't want to use condom. So can you give me some opinion please. I had listen that during period a girl can't be pregnant. My gf period time is 1-10 days after 15 days it's start again can you please give me some solution. And many people says that while doing sex it's pain to much to both males as well as females please tel me it's true or not. And during sexual intercourse it's bleed also please give me some advice in details. Please thank you.
I am 27 years female and scanning reports says that I have cysts. My periods were irregular from one year and I am using birth controls pills and reduced my weight as doctors suggested. Can I stop pills now.
Can a girl get pregnant if she do sex during periods? that is when it was bleeding in periods. And she took unwanted 72 within 48 hours of sex?
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor