Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. NileshYour feedback matters!
Hi, My dog doesn't eat anything, he just love eating JERHIGH company sticks of differnet flavours. He is also suffering from thyroid, plus by licking his own front front legs, he has removed his hair from the front two legs.
I have a female german shepherd, one year old. she's having bleeding. Do dogs also have periods. Or if not what is the reason and any serious problem. Please help I am very worried.
My golden retreiver is having hot spot which is recuring in nature i have even provided him lixen and regular haircuts but again when hair grows his skin problems comes back , kindly help me , is there any permanent cure?
My dog suffering from skin disease for last onemonth.We have done pus culture it was found Moderate-STAPHYLOCOCCUS INTERMRDIUS and sensitive to most of antibiotics.The doctor recommended CLINDAMYCIN 50mg daily for 5days which is being given further 75 md is recommended for next 10 days.And putiing kiskin oinment over affected area.The improvement is visible.1) his diet has gone down. What appetizer is to be given to boost up diet.It is NINE yrs old.Lhasa Mixed breed.2) any other precaution to be taken?
Rough hair coats, diarrhea, malnutrition progressing to intestinal obstruction, and anemia are common issues with worms. We want to feed our pets - not the parasites. That is why we deworm dogs and cats. Don't wait until you are sure your pet has parasites because they have already caused damage at this point.
STRATEGIC DEWORMING GUIDELINES
Strategically deworming dogs and cats is a practice recommended by the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
DEWORMING PUPPIES AND KITTENS
Worms in puppies and kittens are common. This growth phase of their life is when they are most susceptible! Knowing when to worm puppies and kittens is important.
• Deworm puppies and kittens at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks of age, then again at 12 & 16 weeks of age.
• Deworm again at 6 months and 1 year.
• Then deworm as an adult.
ADULTS - WORMING DOGS AND CATS
We are recommending the standard here. If your dog or cat is a big hunter, they will need more frequent deworming - you must assess the risk for your pet.
• General Dog or Cat Worming: Thrice a year for life.
o Dogs put everything in their mouth and need deworming twice a year to eliminate the parasites they will pick up. Deworm outside cats thrice a year for the same reason.
• Cats that are strictly inside animals: Deworm twice a year.
• Cats that like to hunt: 3 times a year may be necessary.
NEWLY ACQUIRED ANIMALS
No matter what the history or age, assume they have parasites!
• Deworm immediately and repeat in 2 weeks.
• Then put on the above adult program.
WORMS IN DOGS AND CATS
• Roundworms and Hookworms
• Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms & Tapeworms
• Tapeworm, Roundworm & Hookworms
I need suggestion for my pet. My pet dog is speech. Age: 1year 8 month. Weight 4 or 5kg. My question is my dog never eat food and not feeling hungry. I force my pet to eat but she just eat half of food of a small bowl. And some time she eat 1 time of a day. And now he getting sick and losing weight everyday. Please help how can I make my dog fell hungry? Is there any medicine or treatment for dog that make her feel hungry? Please suggest me what to do.
Dehydration is a common disorder in dogs and humans equally. It occurs when an excess of fluids continuously get eliminated from the body irrespective of the amount of fluids your dog intakes. Water working as the "potion for life" is essential for dogs too as it keeps them hydrated and makes sure the biological processes take place smoothly in them. Dehydration is a serious disorder and may result in as serious consequences as organ failure or even death. To know if your dog is suffering from dehydration, learn the symptoms carefully make a move as quickly as possible.
Symptoms of dehydration in dogs:
- Dryness in the mouth and sticky gums. Often dehydration results in sticky gums and dry mouth in dogs as the water content of the body gradually falls down.
- Sunken eyes. Sunken eyes can be considered as a pronounced symptom of dehydration.
- Loss of appetite. Appetite is related to dehydration as the digestion, metabolism and other reactions in dog's body need water to successfully take place.
- Abnormal sleepiness. Dehydration causes Depression and abnormal rate of sleeping in turn.
- Abnormal urination. If your dog is suffering from Dehydration, it will either urinate too little or too much. This abnormal sign in urination speaks a lot about the dehydrated state of your dog.
- Less elasticity of skin or tightness of the skin coat. This can be determined by a simple skin test. Pull your dog's skin and if it does not spring back in 2 seconds, your dog is dehydrated.
If you face problems with determining the level of dehydration, kindly take it to a Veterinarian. He/she will readily note the symptoms and apply proper treatment which should be the prime step in order to save your pet from such situations. Delays will only narrow its chances of surviving. It is also important to understand what causes Dehydration in your dog. This would certainly help you from bumping into such situations further in future.
Causes of dehydration in dogs:
The major reason or cause of Dehydration is illness and overexposing to the sunshine. An ill dog is more prone to get dehydrated than a healthy one. Several diseases like,
- Renal failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Gastrointestinal problems, etc. can affect your dog on a large scale and trigger off Dehydration with time.
To take care of such situations from taking place, you should keep in mind a few guidelines. The following tips will certainly prevent your dog from being dehydrated again if taken into account.
Prevention of dehydration in dogs:
- Protect your dog from being overexposed to heat.
- Make it drink as much water as it can every time. Always put a small bowl of water at the corner of its room. Monitor its water intake capacity and keep it hydrated.
- Keep the toilet lid closed in order to prevent it from plunging its mouth inside. This will keep it away from bacteria and viruses which would affect it and make it fall sick.
- If you go for exercising in the evening with your dog, bring extra water so that it stays hydrated.
Consult with a Veterinarian if its drinking less amount of water.