Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh V VoraYour feedback matters!
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
My mom age 60 has multiple problem due to obesity. She has a cystocele coming out down from vagina n also has hernia. Doctors suggested bariatic as her wt. Is 130 kgs. Mean while gynec suggested to apply estrogen cream to tighten d muscles. When she stopped d cream after 4 days due to diahorea, she has some vaginal bleeding as she did not use d cream for 3 days. Pls suggest.
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy:
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My periods date vary every month. Last month it was on 1st march and now on 4th April .How do I come to know about my most fertile days .Is there a way to find out the ovulation day .How frequent should the couples meet to get more chances of getting pregnant.
My sister , she is going for a holiday trip and she have her periods date in that duration. She want to stop her period for that time. She want to delay her date of periods. So what medicine she will take for this?
I am 25 years old married female, my periods are not coming and there is white starch from vagina along with itching.
My son is O +ve and his fiance is O -ve. Do you foresee any pregnancy issues. Is there any complications in delivery. Any problem for the mother. Can we have a healthy child. What @ second pregnancy. Is it possible.
After I had a sex on 20/06/2016 night I got my period after 4 days then on next month I got my periods on 26/07/2016 & then on next month on 25/08/2016 but two periods are normal & 3rd period is very less as it last for 2 days & my tummy is outside & I am feeling lil bit lazy so am I pregnant or not?
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
My age 23 old. Mujhe periods 2 days hota h bs doctor bleeding boht kam hota h please doctor help me kya kru and pain boht hota h stomach m.
I am not getting my periods from 3 months although I took pregnancy test and it was negative. Concerned a lot. Please tell me reason and solution.
I m 29 year old married a year back diagnosed to have pcod recently. I was advised diet n weight reduction. Is it possible to reverse pcod to completely normal? can v notice normal changes in usg?
Hallo Dr. mari shade hone wale ha next month or mari period se date or shade k date ek Hi hai jaldi period hone k liye k karu.
Ashwini 24 years unmarried I'm suffering from pcod since 8 years tried many treatments but no use I request you to suggest me a good treatment for my health issue Thankyou.
Imagine water flowing through a pipe or a tube that has a lot of things passing through it. It would definitely have a cleansing effect, don't you think? Now, apply the same to your stomach which is also a tube through which all the food passes through. When you drink water, it runs through this tube and cleanses it of all the food debris that is along the walls. This helps in a big way by removing the debris and toxins and is one of the most effective cleansing mechanisms.
The Japanese, in particular, are known to have used this over the centuries. They drink neither cold nor hot water, but water at moderate temperature. If you incorporate the same into your daily lifestyle, it can do wonders.
Here are some other aspects of drinking water empty stomach that you might want to consider:
- Drink about 600 mL water on an empty stomach in the morning, even before brushing
- You can then brush and rinse your mouth, but do not eat anything for the next 45 minutes
- Eat a good breakfast after 60 to 90 minutes
- Again, do not eat anything after that for about 2 hours
This is a regimen which should be followed religiously as it comes with multiple benefits. The same have been listed below:
- Flushing effect on the stomach: This is one of the best ways to clear the bowels. If you are having problems with bowel movement, try water on an empty stomach and see the difference. And needless to say, clearing out the bowels first thing in the morning is one of the healthiest habits to have
- Colon cleanser: As food passes through the food pipe, there is a lot of debris along the walls. Drinking water flushes this debris out and leaves the food pipe walls clean and clear.
- Improve appetite: Drinking water on empty stomach empties the stomach, making way for a good appetite and a good breakfast, which is considered the best meal to have
- Prevents headaches: Dehydration is one of the major causes of headaches, as the cells crave for water for proper functioning. Drinking water, especially on an empty stomach, gives the cells their much-needed hydration, thereby preventing headaches.
- Detoxifying effect: Clearing out the bowels helps in releasing toxins from the body. Drinking water on an empty stomach helps fasten the process of bowels in the mornings which are also effective methods of removing toxins.
- Weight loss: If you need something to fill your stomach without having to add calories, drink up water. Doing this on an empty stomach is even more effective, as it also reduces bloating feeling and clears out debris and toxins. Water also improves metabolism and so helps in weight loss. Mixing lemon and honey to luke warm water and drinking it on an empty stomach can help reduce the waistline and keep you energized throughout the day.
- Skin care: Drinking water on an empty stomach clears up the skin pores and helps in keeping skin clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.