Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh TambeYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 years old 3rd years BDS student. My mandibular lateral incisors are a bit rotated but is not noticeable. Also I have very little overcrowding in the mandibular arch. Ortho treatment was not necessary in my case. Still I am under ortho treatment since last 4 months in my college under a 2nd year PG staff. Proximal stippling was done between lower premolars but there are no noticeable effects. I want to get my braces removed now. They are saying I cannot leave my treatment halfway like this and I have to pay for the full treatment for getting my braces removed. Is it possible to get my braces removed in another private clinic? Kindly let me know the cost of removal process and any suggestions if you like. Thank you.
Hi Good afternoon Dr. I have a problem of teeth front two teeth somewhat up so that I cant have sleep and I am going to get married so my husband need change from me and he has only one defect in me, but my father was ready to pay amt for treatment and he says that if you become fat teeth will be covered. So please suggest me.
How to get rid of bad smell from mouth .even I am brushing daily perfectly. The yellow color spit (pasaru in yellow color) does not coming from mouth and that leading to bad smell. What can I do now to get bad smell from mouth.
A white layer (bacteria) on my tough causes bad breath. I am suffering this problem from past one year. What should I do?
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.
I am a 37 years old male and I smoker. Since from the last few days i am feeling pain in my teeth in the lower jaw. Just yesterday I noticed a white thin line inside my mouth. I am worried now as I feel that it could be mouth ulcer or mouth cancer. Kindly, help me to figure it out.
Sir my mouth has foul smell coming from it. I have tried many toothpaste and therapy but nothing happened.
Braces ke baad mjhe retainer laga. Kuch din tak to wo sahi tha but fir retainer loose ho gaya. 2 days phale wo retainer tut gaya h.ab mai usko kaise use kru. Wire with clear plastic jaisa retaine hai wo jo lower jaw ke liye tha. Wahi tut gaya h.usko kaise thik kru. Kya mera retainer thik ho skta hai ya ni yaa muje phir se braces lagwane padenge . Please Reply me.
Take one gm of asafoetida (heeng) in a spoon or spatula and warm it on heater or stove. After warming put the powder in dental caries.
Brush the teeth with neem tweek daily.
Home remedies for toothache
In toothache rub black pepper (kali mirch) powder for 5-10 min twice a day.
Gargle with decoction of black pepper (kali mirch) twice a day.
Prepare a swab of nutmeg (jaiphal) oil / clove (launag) oil and keep it on the affected tooth for some time.
Long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder mixed with honey (shahad) should be kept in mouth.
Hello doctors I want to ask that my teeths are yellow I want whiten teeth so please tell me whitening my teeth is harmful because many people says your teeth may became weak after whitening and also I have cavity in my teeth so please tell me the permanent solution for cavity.
I had a minor accident due to which my two upper front teeth cusp broken. So what should be best for my teeth.
What is an ulcer how is it caused what to do if it happens again and again Please suggest a remedy or guide me whats wrong in my diet I am a 18 years old boy.
Is night guard the only way to control chipping teeth? Is there any way we can get the same shape of teeth again. I e chipped teeth.
After multiple patients have asked us about the authenticity of oil pulling as a technique, here's what we have to say:
There is no denying all of us wait for a miracle cure to that terrible disease called dental decay. Much of a dentists or a dental hygienists time goes into answering the question,
why do cavities happen? or how do I prevent cavities?
While people usually assume the answer is brushing and flossing there are some lesser known ancient techniques and some ultramodern gadgets that have contributed to our arsenal of options to keep your mouth healthy.
Oil pulling being one of them has been in the limelight of late.
What is oil pulling?
This oral therapy is a type of ayurvedic medicine that dates back 3, 000 years. It involves swishing approximately 1 tablespoon of oil typically coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil in semisolid form (as shown in the pic) in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
Start with just 5 minutes a day. Twenty minutes of swishing is a long time, and while the longer you pull, the more bacteria you'll remove, 5 or 10 minutes will still offer some benefit.
A gentle swishing, pushing, and sucking the oil through the teeth is all that's required
Don't swallow. if you find it hard not to, you likely have too much oil in your mouth, spit it out and try again with a smaller amount. just discard the used oil into the nearest cup or trash can.
Why oil pulling? how does it work?
Recent studies show that oil pulling helps against gingivitis, plaque, and microorganisms that cause bad breath.
How? most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell, cells are covered with a lipid, or fatty, membrane, which is the cell's skin. When these cells come into contact with oil, a fat, they naturally adhere to each other.
Use coconut oil. While you can get the same bacteria-fighting benefits with sesame or sunflower oil, coconut oil has the added benefit of lauric acid, which is well-known for its anti-microbial agents. Also, a recent study found that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
coconut and sunflower oil aren't the only oils with dental health benefits. For irritated, inflamed gums, rub a little vitamin e oil directly on the surface. It's rich in antioxidants, easily absorbed, and helps regenerate healthy gum tissue.
Whitening teeth by keeping clean and smooth surfaces that do not lodge food.
Eliminates bad breath
Preventing gum infections caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth
It doesn't reverse the effects of tooth decay, but it's a great supplemental therapy to reduce the bacterial count in the mouth thereby decreasing the likelihood of decay and other dental and systemic diseases.
The only disclaimer we would want to put in is
Do not ingest or swallow the oil in all your enthusiasm and,
Don't skip brushing and flossing. Oil pulling should never replace routine dental visits and traditional home oral care.
While oil pulling can't change your life or make you never need to go to a dentist again -try it for yourself, if it reduces your chances of decay and maybe even helps you ace your next dental visit with no new cavities.
We say thumbs up! pull away!
Please try this safe and natural practice and let us know how you find it in the comments section.