Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir im 28 years old im suffering from social anxiety and often get panic attacks, what should I do.
I love someone, who is 25 years old. He is suffering from the prblm of work addiction for some 20 years.
My friend age 26 she married . Husband age 33 he is not satisfied with her what to do. If she ask about sex no time no caring her. Giving everything like shopping restaurants ok . Working as private employee he left the home wen he comes back don't know . I need some suggestions from you.
I dont feel like going my office due to office politics. These days when i start thinking something, one more thought starts simultaneously, then one more then one more. That way many things starts at a time. It is very strange feeling. Please advice
I always use to chew pan masala. Some times in parties I used to drink alcohol. Now the problem is I am suffering from acidity some burning sensation in stomach and chest from many years (7_8). Tell me some medicines to fast and complete overcome by this problem.
I do desk jobs daily for at least 10-12 hours from home. My job is mainly related to freelance assignment solving. But for last few weeks, I'm facing serious headache problems. Even after 10 minutes staring to the monitor, I can't work any more. I feel disgusted and depressed. Can you help me?
My whole body pain and I have a problem related my throat. Also I suffer from fever and my neck also pain. please advice
My baby is 18 months old. She is not talking yet. But she understands every thing what ever I told. She is showing all body parts with signs. But my worry is all are asking me why she is not talking. Near by my home 11months baby is talking. Why she is not talking. Is she requires speech therapy. She is pronouncing only that, papa, mama, nanna.
I am 21 year boy, studying in engineering. I am damn addicted toward tobacco. I eat tobacco 4-5 times a day. Can it result in cancer. If so then how to identify cancer. Thank you.
• Six million deaths occur worldwide because of smoking.
• About 50% of smokers are expected to die because of tobacco–related illnesses.
• The three most important cigarette–related illnesses, which may be potentially fatal, are heart diseases, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Chronic bronchitis or asthma of the adult).
• Smoking cessation is associated with substantial health benefits.
• Smoking cessation can reduce risk of heart diseases, cancer and COPD.
• Quitting smoking can help even after development of smoking–related heart diseases, cancer or COPD.
• Stopping smoking before age 40 is associated with a larger benefit than stopping it at later stage.
• Smoking exaggerates bone loss and is a risk factor for hip fracture. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of heart blockage diseases all over the world.
• Cigarette smoking is responsible for 33% of all cardiac deaths.
• Quitting smoking even after age 60 is associated with lower risk of deaths.
• Smoking cessation also reduces risk of paralysis.
• Smoking cessation also reduces the progress of blockages in the leg vessels.
• Smoking is associated with premature aging in women.
• Even in smokers older than 80 years, quitting smoking reduces mortality.
• Quitting smoking means no smoking for three years.
• Bidi smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking.
• Tobacco chewing is as bad as cigarette smoking.
Hello doctors! Sometime it is difficult for someone to understand what i'm speaking due to generation of high amount of saliva in my mouth. I don't able to speak in clear voice. Pls suggest me the solution to speak in clear and effective voice.
Hello I am 23 year male I feel so much weakness and I do not have enough stamina to do anything and my body pains what should I do.
It is nearly two years ago I lost my dad .he suffered a lot and I had seen him suffering. I still now can't stop myself of remembering him and crying when I'm sad. I can't bear I miss him a lot.
What are the side effects of lithicarb ,abilify &seroquel ? a family member is being given lithicarb 250X1 breakfast & 250X2 dinner ,abilify 5 mg brakfast ;seroquel 12.5 mg dinner .These medicines patient is taking for last 4 -5 years. Pl. Let me know what are it's side effects in the long run & how long a patient can be given theses medicines?
I am 18 year old I am having anxiety feeling, pain in shoulder right side, headache, feeling very nervous from internal in chest region and red mark on shoulder what to do.
Hi, I just want to know if this is a problem. I'm someone who is unable to make up my mind but when I do I constantly keep changing what I want to do all the time. It annoys a lot of people because they get confused. Is this a problem?
नमस्कार डॉक्टर मेरा सवाल है की मुझे सेक्स वीडीओ देखने की आदत पद गए है । मैं उससे छुटकारा पाना चाहता हूँ पर समझ नहीं आता कैसे उसकी लत छुड़ाऊं । मुझे आशा है आप मेरा जबाब हिंदी मैं लिखें ।
I suffer with cough, headache, cold and body pains, muscle pains and veins are pained and not interested in life what is this?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.