Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh LokeshwarYour feedback matters!
I'm male in my 30s n Been on 30mg for last 4 years and it's been fab as my anxiety and depression went completely apart from usual day today feelings - had xmas from hell with bereavements and other family members having cancer plus I've got child number 2 due anytime now - my doctor said to up my.
Hi I want to ask that my girlfriend aged 23 is getting some kind of white liquid from her breast is getting out is this normal to every girl under that age.
This is my mother pet ct scan report, please let me know the meaning Non FDG avid hypodense area in segment VI of liver is suspicious for benign etiology (?hemangioma). She underwent breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy and radiation from past six month back. Now doctor recommended to do the PET CT SCAN.
I am 18 years old and I am an boy. I have a big lumb on my right chest since 2 years. The left one is normal but the right chest appears like a breast.
hi, I had breast but no nipple, is there problem after married and after baby. Is there any treatment for this problem. Please suggest some way.
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD in case a person neither smokes or consume alcohol or possess any other bad habits? And what are symptoms of Stage I esophageal cancer?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Blood test cancer prostate is PSA. It is done only if there is a suspicion of cancer. Most cases can be managed by medication. Surgical removal procedure needs a minimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.