Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh LokeshwarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 29 years. I have problem of frequent urination though I didn't drink much excess water. Is it any signs of any abnormalities with prostate?
I am 66 years old male. I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate 4-5 years ago. I had gone for a blood test and ultrasound scan. Dr. suggested it was beginning of the problem and get checked up every six months. Careless as I am, I do not follow the advise. The result--I find the urine flow gets very thin in the night, I wake up twice. Occasionally there is mild sense of burning in the urinary tract, but no burning while actually urinating. I can't consult a homeopath who does not tell the name of the medicine. What is the remedy for me. I am non-diabetic, non-smoker, non-alcoholic, but a person who gets agitated quickly. I like sweet more than salty cookies, but I avoid too much sugar. I have problem in throat as well--some tingling sensation, a residual thing of a long bout of cough, for which I took allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic treatments, in this order. Yet the occasional tingle in the throat persists. Only recently I found my blood pressure mildly high--average of the three readings in the day is like--124/79 earlier it used to be around 116/75.
My friend is suffering from stomach cancer. Its bread beyond d inner lining of stomach. N do not want to go for chemotherapy. Doctors advice surgery. Please tell me the procedure of surgery. She is v.scared. I she getting full anesthesia? Is it a major surgery. Her tumor is also bleeding in between.
I am 28 weeks pregnant nd I have noticed that sweeping in one side of areola on left breast. I have visited my GYN she said that its Montgomery tuberculosis, it itches and sometimes have burning sensation and some times it pains. But I have google it and it shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out now. And that swelling reduced a bit when I compressed steam on it. But it pains on some parts on my breast and three is no lumps but I am freaking out now. I don't know what to do. Can it be possible to diagnosed breast cancer during pregnancy? Can you pls tell me that is this symptoms of breast cancer? Or is it normal in pregnancy?
Hello doctor. She has a fibroid in breast. Examined it by a gynecologist. It is only common fibroid. Doctor said no problem. Can she cure it without surgery?
I'm 37 years old woman.In 2013 gone through surgery of colon cancer. Juz want to know r there any chances of recurrence. And wat diet should I follow. As I suffer from severe leg pain side effect of chemo.
I am known patient of squamous cell carcinoma in right boarder of tongue. It is operated on 15th nov, 2014 and port is completed on 31st jan, 2015.5 chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed. 1st time mri with contast done in the 1st week of april, 2015. No sign of cancer is found in the mri. Now I am suffering swelling in my buckle mucosa and my inner side of mouth became red. I have consulted ent. He suggested me some antibiotics and mouth paste. Then I consulted with my oncologist. He suggested a multivitamin capsule and didn't. Give any attention. He said me that this type. Of problem will appear. Now suggest me the remedy? give opinion why does it occur?
Can depression be cured only by exercising n doin yoga regularly or one needs to switvh on to medicines. How safe is it to have a lasik operation. Can a person suffering from cancer and going through chemotherapy can exercise regularly.
She is feeling pain in her nipples by touching from last 2-months. Also we marry each other 3-months back. Can you please suggest some treatment.
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.
Sir, I am rahul Raj. I am 20 Yr old. Nd my mausi has blood cancer. What is the process of cure of these diseases.
How does cancer occurs? How can we identify the cancer. And how can be prevent the cancer? What are the medicine to cure cancer?
My aunt she is 38 years old female she is a diabetic patient and now she has problem in right breast that she has some swelling over there and we are not understanding what's problem is that and no pain is observed and we consulted doctor they advised us to go for surgery so now we are not understanding what to do we are thinking to do surgery or not as she was a diabetic patient and we want to know is that any breast cancer? And the size of swelling or lump is 37x9mm and infection 8x3mm and please advice us what to do? Either surgery or can be cured by medication or is it Any breast cancer? Please advice us.
The study analyzed data from 77,525 women in the Nurses’ Health Study and from 49,403 men in the Health Professionals Follow–up Study. The risk was related to the duration of use of the painkillers. There was a decrease in the risk by 19% if the painkiller was used for less than four years. There was a 36 per cent increase in risk of kidney cancer for people who used them regularly for 4 to 10 years. The risk increased almost three times for those who used these drugs regularly for 10 years or more.
The good news is that kidney cancer is uncommon so the risk is small for average users.
Two other important causes of kidney cancer are obesity and smoking. So people on painkillers should not smoke and should also keep their weight under control to prevent kidney cancer.