Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh Gautam
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh GautamYour feedback matters!
My dad expired last year in a road accident. It was impossible to bear with the loss but I am controlling myself. But my mother is in a very bad state. She is depressed and has got bp problems. Sometimes its 200. Please help.
I regularly monitor my bp at home by digital monitor and my machine is also well callibarated. I have noticed one thing that whenever I take readings from both arms my right arms bp readings are higher by 6,9,10,12 15 16 points than my left arm (mostly systolic readings). Why is this difference?
I'm 25 years old male and I have cholesterol blood presume and uric acid problem, but as I take medication for these and I have pain in my back chest and legs, I can't rotate my neck properly. My doctor said me that I have muscle spasms. My ecg that I have made several times where normal.
I am 31 year old male and I have HP problem from last 3 year. Normally BP 94/134 measured. I take medicine cilaheart-5 from last 2 month. The blood test report normal. Can I continue medicine. What is reason for BP.
Hi I am 36 years old male and my triglycerides is 484 and cholesterol is 250 but I am totally fit no any side effect please advice what should I do?
I just wanted to know whether taking one or two tea spoon full cow ghee will increase cholesterol level or it does not have any adverse effect on it because I have cholesterol level of 274 and tryglsride 330 . Can I take ghee?
I am 43 year and my bp 120/90 doctor advice me to take cresar 20 what is right time to take cresar 20 in morning or night.
My uncle(48) have blood pressure problem usually its high blood pressure ,he have problem from 3 years.And taking reguar medicine from hospital. I wanna know how can he cure this problem. Or he has to take medicine his whole life? Thanks
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.