Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh B DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year male And I am facing problems related with severe headache and dark circles from last 6 months. What should I do?
My skin is oily and after the black heads remove in the my skin The smears are not removed. so, what to do?
Hi I am 27 old, finding some patches on skin near neck, relatively dark to my original skin colour. Please let me know how to reduce them with home care, tabs or any other medicines.
I am 25 years old guy, in summer my skin becomes tan, and gets pimples on face, what should I use to glow my skin and remove pimples? Please advice some non cosmetic products.
Hi, I am 26 year male, I am having skin coloured papules around the head of my penis. Is it a std? Please suggest a medicine.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"
1. Iced green tea
How to use
Take a glass of warm water and steep a green tea bag into it. Remove the tea bag and pour the contents into the tray. Place the tray into freezer and allow it to form ice cubes take one ice-cube and rub all over the face. Just note before rubbing the ice cubes steam your face so that the pores get open and the goodness of green tea enter the pores. Do it twice a day in the morning when you get up and before going to sleep.
Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants that fight free radicals that damages your skin. It has antiseptic properties that killed germs that causes acne and pimples and keep your skin beautiful and healthy.
2. Baking soda and lemon juice mask
How to use
Take a bowl add 2 tablespoon of baking soda and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to it. Mix it properly to make a thick paste. Apply the paste to the affected area. Let it dry for 5 -10 minutes. Once it dries take some water on your hand and slowly scrub the affected area on your face. Wash your face using luke warm water and pat dry. If your face becomes too dry then apply some antiseptic lotion or moisturiser.
Baking soda helps to keep the skin pores clean by removing bacteria and excess oil that causes pimples. Lemon acts as a natural bleach that lightens the skin and remove dark spots. It helps to remove the dead skin and gives a fairer complexion.
Sir I have got rashes problem severely in joint of my legs and face too. During summer days it is unbearable any advice sir.
Dear Doc, I'm 48 years old male with moderate physique wt 74 kgs and happy married life, Three months ago while Intercourse, Condom got stick to my PENIS head and removal left over RED RASH over it, which gave pain for 2 weeks, this was ignored and all other urination activities were normal except mild burning sensation during urination, On further noticing while pulling loose cap over head, observed little swollen reddish patch with blood patch and was gently cleaned with oil application for 5-6 days and everything become normal, But while repeating intercourse, this pain is repeatedly felt and again I see little RED Patches, PAIN is very mild and goes away once you are done, without aftereffects as reported earlier, presently I'm washing Head regularly with MILD WARM water during bathing, but needs FURTHER ADVISE, Thanks.
I have dark patches on my buttocks due to acne and lately the area has become itchy and dead skin flakes comes out on scratching, i always maintain my hygiene and kind of embarrass to consult a doctor regarding my problem. Please guide me
I'm facing extreme itching onto my pubic hair since 5-6 days. Im unable to sleep at nights because at night it itch very much, I keep on itching it as get problem. I used dettol as well but am very upset as m unable to keep hands out off my pants. Kindly time if there any precise remedy. Itching it continuously small small would has occurred. Kindly help me.
I used a D -free hair drandruf remover and I get rushes and crashes on the skin of head. What can I do for this and how I remove my drandruf. please help me.
I am shivanand. My age is 16. Since my childhood I am having a lot of blackheads om my face. I have consulted many doctor. But they ignore or given medicine but not any effect.
Hi I am 22 years old my face and neck area is getting dark day by day and night have tan and pimples on my face please suggest me?
Silk pillowcase slows down skin aging
Using silk pillowcase is known to slow down skin aging by giving you a wrinkle-free skin. This is due to many good qualities of silk fibers.
Silk is a natural fiber obtained from animals and contains amino acids which are compatible and friendly to the human skin. It also contains temperature regulators which adjust your skin to the changing temperatures. Hypoallergenic silk fibers resist many skin allergens like fungus, spores etc making it ideal for sensitive skin.
The tightly woven fiber which remains most in contact with your face retains moisture to your skin and keeps your skin well hydrated. Unlike dry and flaky skin, moistened skin cells are most likely to show fewer wrinkles and hence slow down skin aging process.