Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh B Doshi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh B DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am having dandruff problem and my skin is oily in my face pimple and black mark is their I am using neem and tulsi shampoo how my dandruff can be control what I can to do.
I have blackheads over my nose, I was advised by a Dermatologist to use Tretinoin Cream, I am applying retina-A 0.025% over the area. But the blackheads have further blackened. Should I stop using it?
I see a black spot on my right leg exactly at centre from knee and ankle. Whenever I touch It feels itchy ann I had to scratch on it to get relief and the skin at that spot feels a bit hard and dry. It release a kind of white dry flakes. I went to a local dermatologist and he prescribed Onabet cream I applied it for some days but of no use. Please suggest what it could be.
I am having a combination skin in these days my skin is getting dark which toner and cleanser, face wash, moisturizer n sunscreen is best for me I have uneven skin tone dark circles n wrinkles can you please tell me a regime for me.
Hi, My daughter 3 and hal years, from last week she developed small red spots on her body. Initially it was only few on face but then got on shoulders and chest and today I can see it's up to her tummy. Though she don't feel pain about it, I feel it should be non worrying thing. Currently using nycil powder. What could be reason and remedy?
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.