Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilen Shah
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nilen ShahYour feedback matters!
I always feel's in my lower back, in the buttock, neck. I consulted a doctor and he made me some tests, and diagnosed that I am suffering from acute anchylo spondylitis. He prescribed me pain to be taken before sleep in night. When ever the doses ends the pain starts. Is there any other way instead of taking pain killer tabs.
I am diabetic from past 5 years. Age 53 years. My left knee gives me pain. First it was after long city driving, now it is while driving. Please suggest how I am affected and remedy.
Sir, I am 53 years old and affected by polio from childhood, some two years back I had paid in my elbow it was diagnosed as tennis elbow, and it was because of high calcium, now in my blood reports it was reported that I am suffering from calcium deficiency and suggested to take tab supracal for 3 months, Now I fear that I am get that tennis elbow paid again because of this tab. Is it correct pl clarify.
I am a sportsman! While playing volleyball I got a sprain in my ankle. Now it's swelling up. What should I have to do?
Doctor, My wife is suffering from joint pains in shoulders, wrists and spinal cords mostly behind neck for the last 3 years. Please give me the names of medicines in allopathy to become normal. She has a thin body means less fats and lack of appetite also. I mean she is weak and cannot accomplish house-hold house wife's work. Please give me the names of the medicines available in Rajkot, Gujarat to get it totally cured. Thanking you.
A slipped disc is a condition which is characterized by a damaged disc in your spinal cord. The disc is a soft substance present in the spinal cord that cushions the vertebra in the spine. A slipped disc occurs when the soft substance in the disk pops out causing pain in the area.
There are various preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent a slipped disc from occurring; they are
- Keep a check on weight: Being overweight increases the risk of a slipped disc as the pressure on the lower back will be immense. In order to reduce the pressure, maintain optimal levels of bodyweight.
- Exercise regularly: Do strength training exercises such as the plank and squats to strengthen the core muscles. This helps in strengthening your lower back strong and prevents slipped disc from occurring.
- Maintain a good form while exercising or lifting anything heavy: If you are exercising or simply lifting something heavy, make sure to keep your lower back straight. Lifting heavy weights without proper form may lead to slipped disc as the spine may not be able to bear the stress.
- Quit smoking: It is advised to quit smoking as smoking impairs the ability of the disc to absorb nutrients and thus, prevents it from remaining healthy. It may also cause the discs to become brittle and dry.
- Maintain a good posture: Remember to keep an uptight posture while walking; keep the spine straight to prevent slouching. Maintain a proper neutral posture while sitting as well. Hunching over your desk while working with your computer may also cause problems in your spine.
- Do not sit for prolonged periods: Sitting for extended periods of time may cause problems in your lower back and posture. It may weaken the lower back muscles and lead to complications such as a slipped disc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.